Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
WooHoo! She's going up fast Robin.

Like the pool. I built in-ground pools when I got out of high school. You'll need a tall fence to go around it. :)

or a sign saying... "Danger... Piranah in pool" ;)
with visuals showing a swimmer with missing appendages ... with lots of red swirly stuff... and fins and splashing and teeth, lots of teeth.... and a skeleton in the corner by the steps... :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@Robino1 - I vote that you post lots more! Your home is looking lovely. Seeing the process is part of the fun.

Aww thanks :)

WooHoo! She's going up fast Robin.

Like the pool. I built in-ground pools when I got out of high school. You'll need a tall fence to go around it. :)

We are having a 'cage' around the whole pool area. Welcome to Pioneer Screen Co. Inc. II | Port St. Lucie, Fla.

Basically the whole pool and decking is screened in to keep leaves and bugs out. It will be open to the house. There will be a removable fence that seals off the back deck (under the house eaves) from the pool in case we have little ones visiting. That is law. We don't have to have them up but have to be there just in case.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
This picture shows the child safety barrier:
Pool enclosure showing child safety fencing.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We are having a 'cage' around the whole pool area. Welcome to Pioneer Screen Co. Inc. II | Port St. Lucie, Fla.

Basically the whole pool and decking is screened in to keep leaves and bugs out. It will be open to the house. There will be a removable fence that seals off the back deck (under the house eaves) from the pool in case we have little ones visiting. That is law. We don't have to have them up but have to be there just in case.
Excellent! Good thinking. Is it an opaque cage so you get some visual privacy as well?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
@Robino1, love the the progress reports! Keep them coming! {{{{hugs}}}} back at ya.

@kkay59, how's mom doing? Praying for both you and the rest of your family. Hang in there...

@LAwaters, I'm a sandwich fan... too bad you didn't get a pic, understandable and forgiven. BUT NEXT TIME...!!! [emoji6]
Hope you had a nice cold brew to go with that.

@Bunnykiller & DavidOH, hope work lightens up for you guys. Just remember it keeps the beer and pizza rolls flowing. It also keeps those nice young men in their clean white coats* at bay, ho ho, hee hee, hey hey

Has anyone heard from Dusty lately? What's he been up to (I'm just too lazy to to check it out myself) [emoji12]

Ok, I'll go check it out - don't be so hasty...

*see next post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Aww thanks :)

LOL - I'd definitely put up a major enclosure as it ain't the leaves and bugs that would worry me in Florida! .....

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army. TGIF !
Mamaw has her car back now. When Bronze said "Check the Timing Chain Cover" for a water leak, I thought he was joking. Why would a Timing Chain Cover leak water ?
Because it is actually a "Front Engine Cover", and the are ports on either side for the Water Pump suction and discharge. On the discharge side there was some pitting and and maybe even warped a little, though I would have never known. I towed the beast to a mechanic I trust, and he called to tell me about the cover. I told him to check the timing chain and gears while he was in that far, and replace as needed.
Bottom Line - $972 for Mamaw's car. She's happy. I still have oil / filter changes and brake jobs to do on both vehicles before cold weather sets in.
Beautiful pics, Robin. Let me know when retic and BK "stop by" to christen the pool ;), or maybe we will all make a road trip to Robin's house this February. I am sure Mr. Robin won't mind. I got dibs on the couch.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
LOL - I'd definitely put up a major enclosure as it ain't the leaves and bugs that would worry me in Florida! .....

Now let me guess, [emoji848]

It's either the Northern kids on summer break, [emoji21]

...or the crocs and snakes. [emoji47]
emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Ee gads! 4 AM already!!! Night Army.
Good thing I had a nice "Old Man" nap this afternoon
Are you getting another drone?

Good Morning Army. TGIF !
Mamaw has her car back now. When Bronze said "Check the Timing Chain Cover" for a water leak, I thought he was joking. Why would a Timing Chain Cover leak water ?
Because it is actually a "Front Engine Cover", and the are ports on either side for the Water Pump suction and discharge.
Can't be responsible for what Ford calls them. Mopar calls them timing chain covers. :laugh:
Sounds like you had them do additional work while they had the thing tore apart. Good move. The $972 hurts though to be sure.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Can't be responsible for what Ford calls them. Mopar calls them timing chain covers. :laugh:
Sounds like you had them do additional work while they had the thing tore apart. Good move. The $972 hurts though to be sure.

Timing chain, Crankshaft gear, Engine front cover. He claimed to have chased the threads in the block and cleaned the bolts. I told him that there were two radiator hoses and a thermostat/ gasket in the trunk, go ahead and install them. He used the new water pump I had installed. Plus about 10 hours labor @ $65 per.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Timing chain, Crankshaft gear, Engine front cover. He claimed to have chased the threads in the block and cleaned the bolts. I told him that there were two radiator hoses and a thermostat/ gasket in the trunk, go ahead and install them. He used the new water pump I had installed. Plus about 10 hours labor @ $65 per.
Not sure about your auto but many times the crankshaft has to be pulled when they mess with the cover. That means ripping out the fan, radiator, power steering, water pump, on and on.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
House pics:

9XWlhGX.jpg

Pool is dug:

WV3F6m3.jpg

Please tell me if my posting of the process is too much. PM me if you do. I would hate to bother people with this stuff.
I love your pics, it's seeing a dream come true for ya. What's not to like?

Users who are viewing this thread