Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
sale order out (can I inform my congressmen even if I can't vote for them?)

DF & Legend (of course)
DF w Menthol for my neighbour (whom I got hooked on HHV-NETs on Easter)

and some treats for me to try:
Triple Threat (woohoo, my first artisan reserve)
Hula Fruit (where's hulamoon? :D)
2 waffle creations (one w strawberry, one w strawberry, maple and cream)
Fresh Grindz (yeah, that coffee talk for op's husband made me curious)

And only four weeks until our flight to Boston (and becoming official greencard holders, unless Mr Prez finds a way to hate us Germanz :D)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
sale order out (can I inform my congressmen even if I can't vote for them?)

DF & Legend (of course)
DF w Menthol for my neighbour (whom I got hooked on HHV-NETs on Easter)

and some treats for me to try:
Triple Threat (woohoo, my first artisan reserve)
Hula Fruit (where's hulamoon? :D)
2 waffle creations (one w strawberry, one w strawberry, maple and cream)
Fresh Grindz (yeah, that coffee talk for op's husband made me curious)

And only four weeks until our flight to Boston (and becoming official greencard holders, unless Mr Prez finds a way to hate us Germanz :D)
Highly doubt Trump would ban Germanz. Bet you're getting jacked up about coming.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
You bet. Even though it's not the "for good" yet, it's still exciting times.

Need to get a bank account, driver's license, and try not to pay taxes I don't have to pay yet :D

Pretty confident that Mr Trump is gonna let us in, too - but it's kind of a "you never know for sure"-feeling :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

Need to get a bank account, driver's license, and try not to pay taxes I don't have to pay yet :D

Pretty confident that Mr Trump is gonna let us in, too - but it's kind of a "you never know for sure"-feeling :)

Congrats @woita! The East Coast in late May is usually quite lovely. Exciting times for you and Mrs. woita whatever the weather. I like your HHV order list too. :)

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Thx @LAwaters - I hope we'll be lucky weather-wise.
After some days of leisure in Boston it's off to Cincinnati to get that bureaucratic stuff done - and go to see a Reds game or two :) Should be summer in the midwest by then.

Oh noes, HHV needs prove that I'm 18 (?) - hopefully my visa scan will do

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

I'm sure you're in a "I'll believe it when I see it" mode. To the extent possible, see if you can get a bank account with a credit union.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thx @LAwaters - I hope we'll be lucky weather-wise.
After some days of leisure in Boston it's off to Cincinnati to get that bureaucratic stuff done - and go to see a Reds game or two :) Should be summer in the midwest by then.

Oh noes, HHV needs prove that I'm 18 (?) - hopefully my visa scan will do
Write HHV real quick and see what they say. Might have to mail them something if it cannot be done electronically.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
I'm sure you're in a "I'll believe it when I see it" mode. To the extent possible, see if you can get a bank account with a credit union.

Thanks for the tip. I've had the same thought after trying to figure out what to get and where. I'll have to ask my friends in Cinci if they can help me get aboard with one.

Write HHV real quick and see what they say. Might have to mail them something if it cannot be done electronically.

They actually wrote me an e-mail - the online order went through fine. Replied with a scan of my temp greencard - the only (US-)government issued id I have so far. (My billing address is still Germany, shipping address Boston)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for the tip. I've had the same thought after trying to figure out what to get and where. I'll have to ask my friends in Cinci if they can help me get aboard with one.

They actually wrote me an e-mail - the online order went through fine. Replied with a scan of my temp greencard - the only (US-)government issued id I have so far. (My billing address is still Germany, shipping address Boston)
I'm sure having friends in Cincy is a big help. Do you have German friends in the states?

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
I have German friends in Boston who came through the H1B* program (and are now going for a greencard as well) and US friends in Cincy and Cleveland. And they all are already a great help and I hope that we can ever pay them back :)

* no shady H1B holders; they are the ones H1B was designed for - she's a darn succesful researcher, he's doomed to do nothing :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have German friends in Boston who came through the H1B* program (and are now going for a greencard as well) and US friends in Cincy and Cleveland. And they all are already a great help and I hope that we can ever pay them back :)

* no shady H1B holders; they are the ones H1B was designed for - she's a darn succesful researcher, he's doomed to do nothing :D
Well, one out of two aint bad. :)

I'm guessing their payback will be when you show up with your smiley faces.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

If you are shipping to someone in the US, you will need to have that person supply a photo ID proving their age to HHV before they can ship your order. It's inconvenient, but required by the law. It prevents someone from "gifting" age restricted items to a minor by buying them and having them shipped to the minor.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Average cost for a pack of smokes in NYC is $10.50. DeBlasio is proposing to raise taxes on them to $13 a pack. He'd do the same to vaping products too. Guaranteed!

According to "A Billion Lives" governments make more money from tobacco sales than the tobacco companies and retailers combined. Add to that money flow whatever they get from Big Pharma for all of the dangerous chemicals used to quit smoking and the ones used to treat diseases resulting from smoking.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if they have any motivations for keeping people on cigs?!? :blink:

One segment of the film was an interview with a man sitting on a sidewalk crushing, cooking and injecting one of those prescription meds used to quit smoking. He routinely did that with two different types of those pills. His arms were worse than a user of other injectables. The chemicals burned huge permanent pits in his skin. But sure! The FDA says those things are just fine! It's vaping that must be eliminated. :sneaky:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The government makes more money on a gallon of gas than the oil companies. And the money was to be used for roads. Guess what? It got raided and used in the general fund. Just like social security got raided to fund the general fund. It's all a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread