Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Robin, if you go to TJMaxx they have that "makua honey turmeric tea" (with pepper) in teabags and it will be a lot cheaper there. They also have some fun healthy things, trail mixes, flax etc etc if any of those things ring a bell for you in your quest. I'd recommend having a supply of bottles of muscle milk on hand. The "low calorie" one in milk chocolate is really good and packed with protein. Consider it "Ensure" on 'roids. It actually tastes pretty good even if it is soy, and only 100/120 cals per bottle. To be honest, I'm with Bronze that the staging is a low number, and that's why they're not in any huge hurry to haul you in. So slow growing, maybe squamous? and localized. Not making light of it, but don't be jumping steeple chase size fences until you actually get to them :) God bless you my girl. Coffee will be making its way over soon.

I agree too - it's a good sign that they are not rushing to treatment.

Your fences comment reminds me of a favorite saying:

Cross your bridges before they come and you will have to pay the toll twice. ;)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I had lots of trouble connecting here today. I got on once for a sec, but it wouldn't let me do anything, and then had trouble ever since. Kale or spinach out of the garden is so good. I haven't had a decent garden in a long time though. It is a lot of work, and I only had a tiny garden. Just me here for the past few years, and it isn't worth the trouble. I do have a few perennial herbs, garlic, leeks, shallots...but that is about it.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Wanted to mention that hemp seeds are a great source of protein.

Also - and this may sound wacky - I make ice using distilled water and use that for everything - especially the smoothies. The fluoride in water is really bad, as well as the chlorine and other chemicals they use to "purify" water.

I also found out recently that if you take natural remedies - especially homeopathic - then you should avoid consuming mint. It blocks some of the effects of the remedies.

So what does that mean? I had to get new toothpaste of course! :D

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I know. I did the same thing. I think that it is a term only used in and among the medical staffing community. It's not official terminology.

It is official terminology, and I looked it up and learned about it.

It's best to sit and speak with your oncologist about it, listen to what she says..

Last edited:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
MemorialDay2008.jpg

Don't forget to honor the fallen.

thumb_troops40.jpg

We shall never forget!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
If you drink distilled water, don't you need to replace the minerals? Like with the Power Pak or something like that for the electrolytes etc...

I can easily get on overload with some of this stuff. I have never heard of avoiding mint before if you take natural remedies, as a whole. Which remedies are they speaking about, all or some of them?

Also - and this may sound wacky - I make ice using distilled water and use that for everything - especially the smoothies. The fluoride in water is really bad, as well as the chlorine and other chemicals they use to "purify" water.

I also found out recently that if you take natural remedies - especially homeopathic - then you should avoid consuming mint. It blocks some of the effects of the remedies.

So what does that mean? I had to get new toothpaste of course! :D

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello everyone and love you all.

In general, I'm having a really bad 24 hours.. I'm stressed beyond belief, upset.. (just life, nothing that needs talked out or repeated)

I have smoked an entire pack of cigarettes already today.. just opened second pack. (Yes... I know. Don't suppose I need to hear it.. just blew three years)

Anyhow.. if anyone wouldn't mind praying for me, I would appreciate it very much.. and, might not be online for a few days.... I just need time, and for whatever reason I can't pretend everything's okay, so no point trying to have conversations.. lol..

Reactions: Chakris

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

In general, I'm having a really bad 24 hours.. I'm stressed beyond belief, upset.. (just life, nothing that needs talked out or repeated)

I have smoked an entire pack of cigarettes already today.. just opened second pack. (Yes... I know. Don't suppose I need to hear it.. just blew three years)

Anyhow.. if anyone wouldn't mind praying for me, I would appreciate it very much.. and, might not be online for a few days.... I just need time, and for whatever reason I can't pretend everything's okay, so no point trying to have conversations.. lol..

{{{{{{{{ hugs and love }}}}}} if you need an ear I'll PM you my number.

I will pray.

Reactions: Chakris

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Yep, prayers and ((hugs)) from here too :wub:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
If you drink distilled water, don't you need to replace the minerals? Like with the Power Pak or something like that for the electrolytes etc...

I can easily get on overload with some of this stuff. I have never heard of avoiding mint before if you take natural remedies, as a whole. Which remedies are they speaking about, all or some of them?

I have on occasion added a little Himalayan salt to replace the minerals. But I prefer just plain H2O. The electrolytes and minerals I get from the superfoods in smoothies and in my regular diet.

So I read up more and the mint thing has differing opinions. It's mainly homeopathy that some say is less effective. Some say peppermint is fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's hard to know for sure sometimes. I'm a believer in following common sense. I think our bodies let us know what we need - we just have to learn how to listen.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
LA, my body tells me I NEED chocolate, and lots of it. I can't trust what my body tells me half the time...:rickroll:

LOL!!! Good point!

Oh, I listen to my body. Sometimes I tell it to shut up! Mine calls out for chocolate and French fries and potato chips. (My "sweet tooth" is for salt.)

I have a little chocolate or the fries or chips once in a while. I'm no purist. Balance and moderation! :)

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.

Prayers on the way!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
We just had an awful storm move through here. I don't know if it was straight line winds, or the edge of a tornado here. Trees are down everywhere. I lost part of a big oak tree, and the wind was worse than Katrina when it came through here. Power outages are common around the area. I heard the tree limbs coming off my tree, they are in a pile away from the tree. It stripped bark off the tree in places where the limbs were. Another tree is down and maybe gone completely. It was a Chinese Pistachio, and they don't get that big. The limbs on the oak didn't just fall down, they were ripped off. I guess it will be tomorrow before I can get a better look out there. I don't know what the wind mph was, but it was so bad I thought it was a possible tornado. Good grief.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread