Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Good morning :)

Slept like crap last night but kinda thought I would since I'm wearing a pump. One worries about getting caught up in the tubing. Oh well, one more night and it will be off. Then they can take the dressing off the incisions and it can really start healing.

So far I've only had one side effect. The one they call 'first bite'. If you've ever bit into something and have gotten a sharp zinger in your jaw, that is what first bite feels like. Except a bit stronger. From what I've read, most just get it once and don't experience it again that day. Seems I will be one that gets each time I start eating. It only happens that first bite of the meal. The rest of the meal is fine.

This is only temporary. Keep my eye on the prize! ;)

Other than that, I'm feeling great:)

jello, oatmeal, grits, pudding, very ripe bananas, kale smoothies ;), crap reminds me of a rattlesnake... pretty harmless until you step on it... :)
what kind of pump? fashionable flats or the heavy duty 60GPM 440V turbo bladed hi volume low pressure type? ;)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
A teeny tiny beetle less than the size of a pin head. Came from Asia in 1974. Started in the Carolinas and spread to the rest of the country. Once they infest the tree it is over. As a horticulturist told me, "You have one of the worst landscape pests imaginable". And you got to chop it down and burn it so they don't spread to other trees. Marvelous.

But diversity is a good thing ... right?? even in the world of bugs... :evil:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Also, the squirrels that went inside my attic walls from the roof are back chewing up my repair work. Little bastiches! Gonna have to put screening up there to keep them out. Wish I could find some hawk piss or something to spray up there. Maybe I'll send the neighbor's cat on the roof to see if he can pick them off. He's been up there before and he's an excellent hunter.

actually... badger pee does wonders.... but getting those nasty guys to pee in a bottle is a challenge.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Hope Mama Chak is doing better!How is she Chak?
Thanks for asking, DD.
After being admitted in the wee hours of the morning, the Dr. finally showed up at 7PM in the evening. After ordering some blood tests and he said, the problem stems from the spot on the brain we caught with the last CT scan. The one Sue didn't want to go under the knife to remove - before the blockage of the intestines appeared. There's a blood vessel that's being pinched off and not supplying enough blood to that section of the brain. That plus the excitement of her sister and our daughter flying in today was just too much for her.

And it was all set off by my not answering her the first time she called - I was watching the Hunger Games "Mockingjay Pt.2" and didn't hear her until about the tenth "CHRIS". The caregiver had gone to bed by that time, so it was up to me to take over and I blew it!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for asking, DD.
After being admitted in the wee hours of the morning, the Dr. finally showed up at 7PM in the evening. After ordering some blood tests and he said, the problem stems from the spot on the brain we caught with the last CT scan. The one Sue didn't want to go under the knife to remove - before the blockage of the intestines appeared. There's a blood vessel that's being pinched off and not supplying enough blood to that section of the brain. That plus the excitement of her sister and our daughter flying in today was just too much for her.

And it was all set off by my not answering her the first time she called - I was watching the Hunger Games "Mockingjay Pt.2" and didn't hear her until about the tenth "CHRIS". The caregiver had gone to bed by that time, so it was up to me to take over and I blew it!

Again, you cannot blame yourself.

Is the doctor able to give her something to help her?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Sipping on a cold beer and getting ready for bed.

Robin, how you doing?
Bronze, did you get those trees cut down alright?
LA, BK, Opinionated and the rest on the gang, hope you're all doing well.

I'm doing fine. Dryer broke, which sucks. Hubby won't allow me to try and fix it and he doesn't feel comfortable fixing it (as he knows nothing about dryers) so we need to hire someone to fix it. (Which means, won't have a dryer for a month.. lol)

The good part, is that we found someone who has the flat space hubby needs to site in his new gun.. so he's happy. He will probably be doing that either Sunday or Monday..

The bad on health, weather is doing me no favors... but I did manage to cook dinner today (albeit not a fancy one.. just a salad, fettuccini alfredo and some garlic bread) so I'm managing.

I'm about to nap for a while, didn't sleep last night at all. I'm a bit tired. When I get up I'll probably go outside and sit in the lounge chair and read, fresh air is always helpful!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm untethered. :)

Still doing ok and just that first bite side effect. I'm drinking a lot of water to help flush everything through my system faster.

11 more to go.

I've decided to count down instead of up. ;)

Sorry about the first bite.. but am glad it's going fairly well anyway thus far..

Counting down is best.. keep smiling! :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon....Store run complete but a trip to Urgent Care was first.. A small lump just above the belt line in the middle of my back that has been there for years changed. The Doctor has seen it and said if it didn't change not to worry about it. Well Wednesday it changed. The appointment I made for Monday to see the Doctor is now going to be a follow up. The nurse tried to drain it but it didn't as well as she would have liked. It's a sebaceous cyst. It feels a little better now but I'm taking a high dose of Motrin and Tylenol along with 2 kinds of antibiotics. I have no idea how I'm going to get the bandage changed..:?: I went in because the pain was bad and it was starting to leak. Figured an infection on top of my spine wasn't anything to mess with. Anyway all will be well.

Users who are viewing this thread