Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon...Haven't been home long....Doctor at 11:30. Told him what has happened. He took one look and said we have to do something with that ASAP. So he was going to send me to a surgeon as soon as he could because it was more than he was felt he could do. But turns out the other doctor in the office has done some surgery. He looked and said yes we can take of that so I went to lunch and was back at 1:30. All I can say is OUCH!!!:shock: The pocket made it hard to numb because it was deep but he got it drained. He thought it would be a good idea put medicated packing in it for a day. So I go back tomorrow at 1:00 so he can remove the packing and clean it again. After that I should healing up. I'm sure I'll have to go for a follow up in a week or so. Already soaked through the bandage and I had to change it when I got home. No I didn't touch the packing... It's still numb but I feel like the rock has been removed from my back now. And the pressure is off.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Afternoon...Haven't been home long....Doctor at 11:30. Told him what has happened. He took one look and said we have to do something with that ASAP. So he was going to send me to a surgeon as soon as he could because it was more than he was felt he could do. But turns out the other doctor in the office has done some surgery. He looked and said yes we can take of that so I went to lunch and was back at 1:30. All I can say is OUCH!!!:shock: The pocket made it hard to numb because it was deep but he got it drained. He thought it would be a good idea put medicated packing in it for a day. So I go back tomorrow at 1:00 so he can remove the packing and clean it again. After that I should healing up. I'm sure I'll have to go for a follow up in a week or so. Already soaked through the bandage and I had to change it when I got home. No I didn't touch the packing... It's still numb but I feel like the rock has been removed from my back now. And the pressure is off.

Dang! It would be nice if these things could be dealt with in one go, but sometimes it's just not. Good that you went in. Hope you can rest up today.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good grief! At least it sounds like they got to the bottom of it. It cannot feel good. Hope they stocked you up with painkillers. How long you off of work for?

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
I didn't ask for any pain meds. What I'm taking will do. He said with what he removed the pressure would be off and it should feel better right away. And it does. I'm sure it's going to be sore but I can live with that after what it's been. I should be able to go to work Wednesday. And if they listen I'll get a couple days with loads I don't have to handle so I can heal up a little.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I didn't ask for any pain meds. What I'm taking will do. He said with what he removed the pressure would be off and it should feel better right away. And it does. I'm sure it's going to be sore but I can live with that after what it's been. I should be able to go to work Wednesday. And if they listen I'll get a couple days with loads I don't have to handle so I can heal up a little.
I certainly hope they listen! If they give you loads that you shouldn't have, let them know!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Can you stash a juice bottle in there?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Oh wow I wasn't expecting that! I figured the ER would have fixed it properly..

Anyway, glad you have it fixed now.. and hope it heals quickly for you!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
well I guess the good thing is that it wasnt staph infection... the wifey had 3 pockets of staph and ended staying in the hospital for 17 days... and it all started off looking like a tiny little pimple... :cry:

Those things suck for real..

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Whoa, that's quite a procedure! Glad you got it taken care of, though. Can't let stuff like go unattended.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Morning Army

Had a peaceful first night home from the hospital, thank God. Both Sue and I slept well till Tiffanie brought the baby in to wake us up at 6AM. She's such a cutie pie. Doesn't know any words yet - maybe we'll have her saying da da da before she goes back. She's just learning how to roll over and back.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
A peaceful first night home from the hospital, thank God. Both Sue and I slept well till Tiffanie brought the baby in to wake us up at 6AM. She's such a cutie pie. Doesn't know any words yet - maybe we'll have her saying da da da before she goes back. She's just learning how to roll over and back.

Do we get to see baby pictures?

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Oh wow I wasn't expecting that! I figured the ER would have fixed it properly..

Anyway, glad you have it fixed now.. and hope it heals quickly for you!

The urgent care nurse went as deep as she was comfortable with. Which wasn't deep enough. Even my doctor said it was more than he was willing to try. I needed someone with surgical time and the other doctor had some which I'm glad of because I didn't have to spend more time in pain. I'll sleep better tonight than I have in the last 6 days. They are sending a sample out for testing as a precaution to make sure it's not more than it seemed. And I'm going to have to change the stupid bandage before I go to bed.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The urgent care nurse went as deep as she was comfortable with. Which wasn't deep enough. Even my doctor said it was more than he was willing to try. I needed someone with surgical time and the other doctor had some which I'm glad of because I didn't have to spend more time in pain. I'll sleep better tonight than I have in the last 6 days. They are sending a sample out for testing as a precaution to make sure it's not more than it seemed. And I'm going to have to change the stupid bandage before I go to bed.

Oh I forgot it was urgent care clinic you went to and not the ER.. this makes sense now...

I am real glad you got it taken care of and will sleep much better now!

Changing that bandage will be a challenge! Hopefully you will get it sorted out!

Users who are viewing this thread