Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Mornin'

Heartburn and acid reflux have gotten worse. Can't blame it on chemo since it started before that. I think it has something to do with the ascites that continues to bloat me. Makes me feel full since it pushes against everything. I have to eat small portions or else I am totally miserable. It's a wonder I'm able to maintain any weight.

I will be talking to someone to see if there is anything that can be done for this.

I quit taking the vitamin C supplement since I am getting a lot of that.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Mornin'

Heartburn and acid reflux have gotten worse. Can't blame it on chemo since it started before that. I think it has something to do with the ascites that continues to bloat me. Makes me feel full since it pushes against everything. I have to eat small portions or else I am totally miserable. It's a wonder I'm able to maintain any weight.

I will be talking to someone to see if there is anything that can be done for this.

I hate that feeling.. But I like to eat so if I'm not able to it's a crisis.:) Hope you can get it sorted out....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army. Got back late last night, night Supervisor said everything for today is covered. So I guess this becomes my Sunday ? Wonder what Mamaw will have to say about that...

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
She'll break out her honey do list. One way or the other she's gonna get you out of the house. She probably doesn't want you hanging around. :)

Mornin'

Heartburn sucks.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Pretty safe to say there is a link there. Got to believe one of these docs can help you with it.
I have an appointment Thursday for follow up. I will be bringing it up then. Two hours sleep last night. Not good.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I have an appointment Thursday for follow up. I will be bringing it up then. Two hours sleep last night. Not good.

I'm sorry, that has to suck. Until Thursday have you tried what we call chalk pills? I'm not sure their name off hand, but they are inexpensive chewable tablets that come in flavors (not that the flavors help the chalky taste any.. lol) made for heartburn..

If I get heartburn I do find them helpful, although I'm sure your heartburn is probably not as curable in this manner, but you can always try them, only out two or three dollars to find out.

In general though, I hope there is some help for you, I'm sure the doctor might be helpful in this. Hopefully you won't go crazy waiting, I hate sleepless nights!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Mornin'

Ugh. I've had my share of that. One thing you can try that might sound counter-intuitive is lemon water. Lemons are alkaline (rather than acidic) even though other citruses are acidic.

Half a lemon squeezed into 8 oz of water. You can have it several times a day.

I do know it helps reduce acid in the belly for me.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
David, that sounds terrible. I am glad they took care of it for you. My daughter got a staph infection while she was at her dad's house. He brought her back and I took her to the hospital that day. They did have to operate. She had to have her wound packed with gauze for I can't remember how long. She still has a scar on her arm from it. Right after that my son got a large boil on his back. I had to have help holding him down, and I lanced it. Then I put some ichthammol ointment around the area. I might've put hydrogen peroxide on it first, and then followed up with the ichthammol ointment, I can't remember. He was just a kid at the time. I guess I used that ointment for just 3-4 days maybe. It isn't something you want to use for long term. It is a black drawing salve. It used to be about 3 bucks for a tube of it at the pharmacy, and doesn't require a prescription. My son healed up nicely. (and quickly too) I am sure whatever your doctor has you taking is plenty good enough though.

Robin, I am sorry to hear you are having heartburn. Natural Home Remedies for Heartburn | Wellness Mama
Surely something in that link may be of benefit. Lori was right, lemon juice is one of the things listed.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon....Back for the doctor...once again OUCH!!! Man that hurt. Well the 1 inch hole in my back looks good. But he put a bit of gauze back in. Have to leave it there for 24 hours so I'll have my sister take it out tomorrow and flush the hole. (she doesn't know that yet) After that just flush it and keep it covered as the hole starts to close. Which will take 2 to 3 weeks. I just I should be saying I had out patient surgery.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Afternoon....Back for the doctor...once again OUCH!!! Man that hurt. Well the 1 inch hole in my back looks good. But he put a bit of gauze back in. Have to leave it there for 24 hours so I'll have my sister take it out tomorrow and flush the hole. (she doesn't know that yet) After that just flush it and keep it covered as the hole starts to close. Which will take 2 to 3 weeks. I just I should be saying I had out patient surgery.

How about slapping some bondo or plastic wood in there?

Users who are viewing this thread