Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Morning.....Back in sore but doesn't appear to be leaking anymore. It's just as well I'm not going to work. My dog had another stroke yesterday. No doctor at the vet office yesterday so I'm taking her in for the last time this morning... It's been a rough night trying to make her comfortable.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Morning.....Back in sore but doesn't appear to be leaking anymore. It's just as well I'm not going to work. My dog had another stroke yesterday. No doctor at the vet office yesterday so I'm taking her in for the last time this morning... It's been a rough night trying to make her comfortable.

Poor dog. Hate to see pets uncomfortable like that. Sadly they cannot live forever.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

I'm so sorry {{{{{{ hugs }}}}}} :cry:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Tussie...Oct. 2001--June 2017 Age 15 years 8 months.. Goodbye My Friend You will Be Missed..

2013-07-28_11-14-16_182.jpg

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
David, I am so sorry to hear about little Tussie. It is heartbreaking. Dogs are like family, or they can be. My dog is like a kid, my companion, my protector and she makes me laugh. They give so much, and ask for so little in return. I hope the pain eases for you as soon as possible.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Thanks....It's going to take a few days before I stop looking for her..I took all the food and such out before I took her in because it's trash day. Well I was just running the vacuum and it stopped sucking. So I clear the hose and what do I find? A dog biscuit...Not even gone a day and reminding...:)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks....It's going to take a few days before I stop looking for her..I took all the food and such out before I took her in because it's trash day. Well I was just running the vacuum and it stopped sucking. So I clear the hose and what do I find? A dog biscuit...Not even gone a day and reminding...:)
Yep, it's gonna be awhile before you get used to her being gone. Cripes, I moved a wall clock to another wall two weeks ago and I'm still looking where it used to be.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Robin, help for heartburn/reflux - raise your upper body about 6" for sleeping, and try to sleep on your left side.

Yes! Good suggestion. One of my first symptoms of pregnancy was heartburn. I heard about sleeping on my left side and it actually works! :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
First: David, I'm so terribly sorry. I know that she loved you as much as you loved her. :wub:

David, I am so sorry about your Tussie :(

Robin, help for heartburn/reflux - raise your upper body about 6" for sleeping, and try to sleep on your left side.

Yes! Good suggestion. One of my first symptoms of pregnancy was heartburn. I heard about sleeping on my left side and it actually works! :)

I ended up calling a nurse, had to leave a message but they got back to me within 10 minutes, asking what I can take and they said any over the counter will work without interfering with my chemo.

A world of difference. OMG still have just a touch, here and there, but I can actually function again.

I just can't sleep in an inclined position. I really tried but just couldn't. Right now I can only sleep on my left side. I think my body is still getting used to that line they put in me.

The left side works for heartburn because the opening to the stomach is in the upper position when laying on the left.

Yeah, I googled it all. I even tried the lemon (not too much or it doesn't work) and nothing was helping.

A bit of good news I read, if it can be believed, is a low body fat makes getting through chemo with minimal side effects. If that's the case..... :thumbs:

I slept Great last night. The Zantac (?spelling) is working very well and it doesn't feel like the opening to my stomach is constantly in the open position. I'm also being very aware of not eating too much in one sitting. I need to let this heal 'cause there was some damage happening. I could feel it when anything went down my esophagus.

Other than the bloat, and the minor issues that is causing, I'm feeling amazingly well. *knocks on wood*

Edit to add: I was even getting acid reflux while in a sitting position. It. Was. That. Bad.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Robin.... I found out hat coconut water also helps with the upset tummy... add the lemon or even lime to it and it makes it taste better...

just remember to

put the lime in the coconut and mix them both together... put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up...

and call the Dr. in the mornin ;)

BHUHAHAHahahahaaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread