Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Wow, scary, Robin! 191 is waaay too high, even for a freak out. Please monitor that young lady! Having said that, you ARE going through very stressful times right now. Any chance hubs could have call forwarding to his cell, as you might not feel up to driving the further in to the treatment you go. Stay strong, sweetie.
We'll see how it goes.

I have one more round with the oxi and then a 4 week break from it. I will still get the 5fu but not on the pump. That way I still get chemo, just not the one that gives me side effects. That's when we take our vacation north for grandson's graduation party.

I'm looking forward to that break right about now. LOL

I'm seriously not stressing about all this. My mind set is that chemo is kicking major .... and I'm helping it along by doing my part with green smoothies and extra vitamin stuff. Not to mention protein drinks, fruit and vegetable juicing along with lots of fluid intake to keep flushing my system.

The few side effects that I am getting are totally manageable. Sure hubby has to handle all cold things for about 5-7 days. He's up to the task ;)

So far I have a good week where I feel totally human, in other words no side effects. So far all I have is cold intolerance when drinking or handling stuff. And first bite.

Of all those, first bite is the worst. Very intense, bordering on painful. If I could keep nibbling on food all day, that would probably take care of it. Starts off first thing when I brush my teeth.

Any time I let time lapse before eating again, it's back with a vengeance.

But! This is temporary. It's all part of kicking cancer's ..... I look at it this way, I know it is doing something. I would be worried if I didn't have any side effects.

The nurse called me this morning when she got in just to see how I was doing. She said she thought about me all night. I told her if anything had happened, I would have gone to the ER.

I'm being very vigilant. I know my body and I know when something isn't right. I also will not take chances driving if I'm not up to it.

I love you all. :wub: Rick and I will work something out should it be necessary. I promise!

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Robin, glad to hear things are progressing smoothly. But keep an eye on that BP, 191 is pretty high. Hope you have a great time with grand kids and family up north. Say hello to Mi. for me.

Good morning Army.

Just about to make some breakfast. Thought I'd stop here first and see how y'all are doing. What to eat now? Probably cold cereal with milk. YUM!

Oops, gotta run. Later gang.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Rear Window is on TCM tonight. Grace Kelly is gorgeous.
It's about time that Hollywood re-learnt that Grace Kelly's beauty and elegance is what's lovely, not these undressed low lifes they love to parade before us on a regular basis.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Netflix still cannot predict what movies I'm going to like since they changed the rating system. It said 99% chance of me liking salt and Fire. Well I didn't like it overall. Parts of it were okay, and that is about it. Before they changed it they were right most of the time. These days it seems like they are wrong much more than they are right!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's about time that Hollywood re-learnt that Grace Kelly's beauty and elegance is what's lovely, not these undressed low lifes they love to parade before us on a regular basis.
They don't make them like they used to. :)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Store run completed..... 150 m of lemonade and Monkey Mango is here.:thumb: I was down to 100 m each..:pervy: Look what some age does to Monkey Mango...

20170722_131546.jpg

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
what a bummer... there is this neighborhood store up at the corner ( opened in 91) run by a family ( Korean Mom and Pop) ... I noticed some changes in the store... new displays, new shelves, and major cleaning up going on... thought it was strange how it was transforming over the last 2 weeks... I walked in today and it hit me... I figured out that the family owners were selling/sold the store... 27 yrs and bam!! new owners... its like loosing family... gonna miss Mr. Ho and Mawma... feel kinda sad that they wont be around anymore... probably spent nearly 100K$ over the last 27 yrs in that store. Sounds crazy but consider...

3 packs a day for me and the wife ( up until 2013)
2 6 packs of beer per week
6 Monster drinks per week
3 bags of ice per month
2 bottles of Meyers per month
2 bottles of Stoli per month
an unknown amount of candy, chips, pickled hot sausages ( generally bad junk food cravings)
and the occasional bag of BBQ briquettes and other misc items...

and the part Im gonna miss most... He would special order beer and booze for me with no issues... try to find a store that would do that for you....

as we say down here in Nawlinz.... this is gonna suck some major Canal water.... :cry:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
think Im gonna get another tattoo...

Im thinking about having the "hand" of the Alien monster ( from Aliens) holding the "Cube" from HellRaisers....

what yall think??? dark enuf?? :evil:
Get that cancer shaved off first young man!

what a bummer... there is this neighborhood store up at the corner ( opened in 91) run by a family ( Korean Mom and Pop) ... I noticed some changes in the store... new displays, new shelves, and major cleaning up going on... thought it was strange how it was transforming over the last 2 weeks... I walked in today and it hit me... I figured out that the family owners were selling/sold the store... 27 yrs and bam!! new owners... its like loosing family... gonna miss Mr. Ho and Mawma... feel kinda sad that they wont be around anymore... probably spent nearly 100K$ over the last 27 yrs in that store. Sounds crazy but consider...

3 packs a day for me and the wife ( up until 2013)
2 6 packs of beer per week
6 Monster drinks per week
3 bags of ice per month
2 bottles of Meyers per month
2 bottles of Stoli per month
an unknown amount of candy, chips, pickled hot sausages ( generally bad junk food cravings)
and the occasional bag of BBQ briquettes and other misc items...

and the part Im gonna miss most... He would special order beer and booze for me with no issues... try to find a store that would do that for you....

as we say down here in Nawlinz.... this is gonna suck some major Canal water.... :cry:
They didn't even tell you, huh?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm on a neighborhood website (a dozen or so neighborhoods in the area to discuss local stuff and sell stuff, etc.). Got a coyote wandering the area and everyone is panicking (likely the transplants from the north). Got a few natives who said they will keep an eye and blast it if they see it. The gun control yankees are having a fit. LMAO!!!

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
did 600 miles yesterday... 2 trips. On the way home I saw one of those "traffic alert" signs that we have down here... and it said

" Lights On when using Lights".... ummmm o_O

normally it sez lights on when using wipers ;)

I saw a sign once that said "We will loan you enough money to get completely out of debt." o_O:blink::facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread