Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Since this is eclipse day, do we get TWO Good Mornings? What about when it starts in the morning, goes darkish at noonish, and then ends in the afternoon? :confused:

Today is already starting a bit weird. My feral mama's were all skittish, and the Mama Kitty didn't want to go to the back yard when it was time to make the donuts, and Sissy was all growly. I went to the back to see if feeding them would get her back to their spot, but it seems there were at 2 or 3 trespassers waiting for me to feed the mamas. I did the walk, and Mama was still in the front when I got back. She finally went to the back for her food after the trespassers ate most of the food. I don't know if the sun/moon is making the cats weird, or if I'm going to have to go back into the cat trapping business again (TNR). :(

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Got home from work tonite , a little bit drunk . The air is thick and heavy tonite and the night jasmine is blooming .As Dr. John said " Such a night "Sweet confusion under the moonlight".:toast:
Can't get near the jasmine here. Too many bees. For some reason they love the jasmine.

Hang in there April, such a difficult time.

Whirlwind weekend--groceries, 3 softball games, a football scrimmage, researched and bought a new washer and dryer, sold the old ones for a decent price. The rear rollers on the dryer were squealing and I couldn't take it anymore, and tired of clothes still smelling like BO after washing. I've been line drying a lot for the last year trying to stretch out the life of the dryer and honestly it's faster some days. I bought a speed queen pair, smaller load size but it actually uses water and agitator to wash. No digital controls either, went with old school knobs.

Kal had a great first week at college, the other 2 and DH (teacher) start school today.

My istick comes today, so I'll be fiddling with that tonight. Hope everyone has a great week!
Can't beat old school!

@Bronze no leaks since I started using 'shoulders' on the K5. Thank you!
Woohoo! The juice likes to go down the air hole below the coil. It makes a path from your wick to the hole and out the airway. So if you push the wicks away from the deck it will help. I recommend a disassembly and cleaning every 20 mls or so.

Since this is eclipse day, do we get TWO Good Mornings?
LOL

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
that must be the Carolina Jasmine the bees like... we have the night blooming Japanese type... its a tall lanky bush with clusters of yellowish funnel shaped flowers... and it smells awesome, no other smell like it... and it only emits its scent at nite..

Night-blooming-jasmine.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
that must be the Carolina Jasmine the bees like... we have the night blooming Japanese type... its a tall lanky bush with clusters of yellowish funnel shaped flowers... and it smells awesome, no other smell like it... and it only emits its scent at nite..

View attachment 680481
Yeah, ours is more like this...

th

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I love the smell of all kinds of Jasmine. I had a flower pot with tuberose in it at one time that was so wonderful to smell. Sweet Olive is one of my favorites though. You put it near a window or walkway, so you can get the better scent in the evening. It blooms a few times a year here for me. I loved it so much I bought my mother one. The bigger the bush, the more blooms you get, and the more fragrant it becomes!

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
driving in this heat is taking its toll.... 95F and 102% humidity feel like 218... need bigger gills ;)

No, 95 degrees plus 102% humidity should only equal 197, which should be downright balmy. So stop yer gripin'. ;)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
You know there are times when you think you've had a sucky day at work. Them you leave to go home and see something that reminds you that maybe you day wasn't so bad after all.

20170821_192210.jpg

The following is what I think happened and I bet I'm 99% right. What your seeing is I believe auto parts of some kind. They look like back windows. It's clear there were no straps or bars to hold the racks in place. So when the driver pulled away at the light the racks fell against the door. And because the trailer was old the rusted upper latch broke. And you see the result. Two straps or bars would have prevented this. It happened down the street from work. The clean up will be costly because they will need a forklift and the driver will likely get a ticket for an unsecured load.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Evening everyone! Eclipse? What eclipse? LOL.

Las Vegas gets maybe 10 mornings per year that are rainy and cloudy. Wouldn't you know it?!? THIS was one of those mornings. Waaaaaaahhhh!

20 mins after? Bright, sunny, clear skies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was still exciting. But... dang!

@76bridget - Old school knobs are the best! Electronics go bad faster in my experience. Let us know how you like that iStick.

I ordered a second Wotofo SMM Serpent because it's awesome, dense, flavorful and has ruined my love for my Aqua's. Going from 2 mm ID plain coils to 3 mm ID Clapton coils has a lot to do with that. But the huge airflow is the clincher. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Since this is eclipse day, do we get TWO Good Mornings? What about when it starts in the morning, goes darkish at noonish, and then ends in the afternoon? :confused:

Today is already starting a bit weird. My feral mama's were all skittish, and the Mama Kitty didn't want to go to the back yard when it was time to make the donuts, and Sissy was all growly. I went to the back to see if feeding them would get her back to their spot, but it seems there were at 2 or 3 trespassers waiting for me to feed the mamas. I did the walk, and Mama was still in the front when I got back. She finally went to the back for her food after the trespassers ate most of the food. I don't know if the sun/moon is making the cats weird, or if I'm going to have to go back into the cat trapping business again (TNR). :(

My two cats were a bit weird(er) this morning. Come to think of it, their two humans were weird(er) too. ;)

I hope they return to normal for you!

Users who are viewing this thread