Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Opinionated, I enjoyed the stories of your pets. They do have a sense when something is not right with you. My dog is very sensitive to me, and wants to please me. She has even taken the role of mother to Cassie. They enjoy each other immensely. However after play time is finished, Cassie comes to me. Bella enjoys having another job to do in watching the puppy. If Cassie tries to break through the blockade to the kitchen, Bella rushes her and barks at her to stop. I always let Bella know what a good job she is doing, and yes I thank her. LOL, I imagine that sounds a bit crazy but it works. I talk to the pets here, especially Bella. This is one reason she knows so many words. Some people talk to their plants. As much as I love my plants, I never talk to them. I'm hoping Bella's good behavior will not go unnoticed by Cassie, and that she learns from the older dog. Time will tell on that.
Well I have rattled on enough for the moment. vape time!

I don't think its crazy to talk to the animals.. I do it all the time!

Your dog sound a lot like my wolf was when the kids were young. He would even round them up and make them sit on the couch and stay there if need be... lol. Very smart animal.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I rather just want a redo of the day.. taking a walk though? Only if its in a chair and only apparently if the cat can ride along! hahahaha
That works too. If you can't take a walk then take a roll. Stuff the cat in a side pocket. :)

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Okay people...I have an official announcement to make. I am keeping the puppy. I was 99% sure by earlier this evening I was going to keep her. Now I've made up my mind. I tried to get a hold of my daughter, but cannot. So I left her a message. I told her I still haven't heard anything from that woman, and I don't know if you have or not. I said tell her if she inquires that the window has closed. I am keeping the dog. So even though I've been calling the pup by the name my mom gave her, I'm calling her what I thought she looked like the first day I saw her. Her name is Cassie. She will no longer be referred to as my mom's dog. She is where she belongs. Thank you Pappy for that story you shared. I loved it.

YAAAAAAAY!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: Welcome home, Cassie!! :wub::wub::wub:

Opinionated, sorry to hear about your day so far. I have days like that. I have a tip for you on cats that think they can do whatever they want.
1. Spray bottle with water
2. My personal favorite-Dust Off Electronics Duster (it can be any brand of compressed air used for cleaning off electronics etc...)
3. Get a working dog that will stop the cat for you

All I have to do is pick up the can. They start looking. Sometimes I shake it a little in case they haven't figured I'm serious. Works every time without fail. Since I've had Bella, it is rare that I ever have to pick up the can anymore though. This is not a cheaper method, but it works.

BOO!! :grr: Kitty cats are SUPPOSED to do whatever the heck they want -- especially if it means sticking close to Mommy! :D:D

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Eleanor, there are very few things the cats are not allowed to do here. I don't mind the cats coming close to me, or sleeping with me. The old cat only sleeps with me in the winter months. During the summer she doesn't like my body heat, it is too much for her. The younger cat sleeps with me no matter what time of the year it is.

The old cat likes to pull the water bowl back because she must be senile. She wants more fresh water, even if you only put some there a half an hour before. She wants cold water, not lukewarm thank you. I don't mind her asking, but pulling that bowl back on the floor gets on my nerves. Sometimes it spills there is so much water in it. It is a nice sized stainless steel bowl, and yes it is clean.
I don't like the two cats fighting, and I will stop it.
I don't want cats pulling my straw out of my drink. (not a problem anymore since my cat died)
Cats getting up on my desk is a no no.
Cats scratching anything but the cat scratcher is a no no.
I think these are the main reasons I may need me to pick up the can of compressed air, or my dog stops it. I can't think of another reason at the moment.

Last night I watched Gerald's Game. It is based on a Stephen King book. Yes, it sorta freaked me out. It wasn't a great movie, but I cannot imagine being in the predicament that poor woman was in. I didn't rate it. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't a good one either. I won't forget what happens in it, I'll tell you that.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
And a good morning here. :)

MIL is getting visitors this week so we've been over there doing odd jobs. Today I'm weeding. After we get her place done, back home to finish getting our place 'company clean'. It's her brother and his wife. She is a snooper and will say so.

Well we're off to do chores. Have a great Sunday.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Okay people...I have an official announcement to make. I am keeping the puppy. I was 99% sure by earlier this evening I was going to keep her. Now I've made up my mind. I tried to get a hold of my daughter, but cannot. So I left her a message. I told her I still haven't heard anything from that woman, and I don't know if you have or not. I said tell her if she inquires that the window has closed. I am keeping the dog. So even though I've been calling the pup by the name my mom gave her, I'm calling her what I thought she looked like the first day I saw her. Her name is Cassie. She will no longer be referred to as my mom's dog. She is where she belongs. Thank you Pappy for that story you shared. I loved it.

Yay!!!!!! Whatever cost is involved with keeping her will soon be forgotten. But the love and memories she will bring you are priceless and will be remembered forever.

And I agree with you on that other woman. If she couldn't get off her duff to even come meet the puppy, I wouldn't trust her to take care of the puppy. It's a bad sign, and I think you read it the right way.

I wish I could give your post multiple loves but, alas, one will have to suffice.

Last edited:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Pappy thank you. I did talk to my daughter yesterday briefly. She told me the woman did inquire about Wed, I think she said. My daughter has been working a lot of hours, and she didn't have time to arrange a meet up. By the time I heard that though, my mind had already been made up. I was conflicted about this information. My dog and I are already attached to Cassie. My dog treats her like the puppy she was never able to have. (my dog was spayed early on and never had puppies) Cassie loves my dog. Bella thinks Cassie is another job, and she likes that role. So I thought about it and weighed the odds. At least with me, I know she will be loved. Cassie loves us. It would be cruel to make her start all over again. I will never allow myself to get into this predicament again, lesson learned. It is going to be a financial burden on me, but I will have to make it work. So that means I will have to learn how to do the grooming myself. Cassie may look pretty bad until I get the hang of it. I am going to get her a special comb and thinning shears to do her hair. I don't have dog clippers, but I do have an old Wahl clipper made for men. My son used it the last few times, so I don't know if it still works right. I am going to see if I can find the attachments to that. So that will be trial and error, no doubt.

Cassie doesn't eat much, and she doesn't ask for much. I do believe she will be a wonderful addition to the home. She has a sweet personality, but does have some attitude too. She thinks she is bigger than she is. That must be the chihuahua coming out. Visually I see no chihuahua, she looks like her dad who was the shih tzu. She is smart, inquisitive but likes to eat things she shouldn't. She would be happy in a small home, or a huge mansion. She just wants to be with you all the time, and that is her main happiness. I think she will be a great companion.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
And a good morning here. :)

MIL is getting visitors this week so we've been over there doing odd jobs. Today I'm weeding. After we get her place done, back home to finish getting our place 'company clean'. It's her brother and his wife. She is a snooper and will say so.

Well we're off to do chores. Have a great Sunday.

and today... Im vaping ;)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
just got finished making 4 gallons of Mead... with natural raw unfiltered honey... now its time to wait a few months...

did you know mead was a weapon of war?? it was sent to the front line for the other side to drink and get seriously hung over... and in the morning, the side that put the mead there would attack the "disadvantaged"... Vikings... they loved thier mead ;)

Users who are viewing this thread