Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
David, I see a corgi in your near future. ;)

That may very well be at some point. I have been looking but a Corgi is hard to find even if I was willing to pay a breeder for a pup. Things were different when I got Tussie. Someone was home all day so she wasn't alone. I don't think I can do right by a pup. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try if one came along. I've been watching all the sites and have seen a few but they have been out of state. I'm just being patience and when the time is right one will come along.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
David, check with local breeders if there are any near you. Sometimes they get a dog returned to them, or a rescue. I bought my mastiff many years ago, and that same breeder later asked me if I wanted a male that was brought to her. I thanked her but declined. She knew I could deal with this male dog, and I had a female. I had probably 5 dogs back then, and didn't want another. The kids had two dogs each. I was a pushover let me tell you.

Oh, and sometimes a breeder will retire a female dog...so that is another option. I had one offered to me that way too. A lady who bred dogs knew a groomer who was wanting recommendations to take her retired female breeder. The dog was five or six. My mom didn't want one that old though. Now that I look back, that would've been a better option for my mom for sure. In this case you would still have to pay for the spay job, but the dog would've been free.

Cassie got her 2nd set of puppy shots today. She did really well there. We were at the place for a long time. She wanted to get down and play with the other dogs, but I wouldn't let her. She hasn't cried when she got a shot yet either. Thank goodness because that makes me feel so bad for them when they do that.

Last edited:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
David, check with local breeders if there are any near you. Sometimes they get a dog returned to them, or a rescue. I bought my mastiff many years ago, and that same breeder later asked me if I wanted a male that was brought to her. I thanked her but declined. She knew I could deal with this male dog, and I had a female. I had probably 5 dogs back then, and didn't want another. The kids had two dogs each. I was a pushover let me tell you.

Oh, and sometimes a breeder will retire a female dog...so that is another option. I had one offered to me that way too. A lady who bred dogs knew a groomer who was wanting recommendations to take her retired female breeder. The dog was five or six. My mom didn't want one that old though. Now that I look back, that would've been a better option for my mom for sure. In this case you would still have to pay for the spay job, but the dog would've been free.

Cassie got her 2nd set of puppy shots today. She did really well there. We were at the place for a long time. She wanted to get down and play with the other dogs, but I wouldn't let her. She hasn't cried when she got a shot yet either. Thank goodness because that makes me feel so bad for them when they do that.

I've thought of those options and am slowly looking around for the local breeders. I've also been checking the rescue sites.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio

I looked into them but after reading the application to adopt I don't think they would except mine. I understand they want the best for the dogs and I applaud them for it. But they are asking for more information than I think is reasonable for me. I could be wrong. From what I've been reading a lot of rescues are strict about who they adopt to. As I'm sure they feel they need to be. And my being gone to work everyday would be a black mark I'm sure. I know a lot of people get a pet without thinking it through all the possibilities.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Sounds like your day is getting off on a lovely and enjoyable foot @DavidOH !

-------'--'-------

My random thought for the day. I love 3d cakes, some of them are absolutely beautiful and totally cool but what us beyond me, is how on earth some of the larger and more intricate cakes ever get taken anywhere in one piece.. so many of them seem so precarious; definitely not for travel.. lol. Im thinking as many kudos needs to go to the vehicle operator as to the cake decorator!

2ea59e7177224569f09d2d9028dcbf7b--graffiti-wall-graffiti-cakes.jpg

Good Morning Everyone!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I looked into them but after reading the application to adopt I don't think they would except mine. I understand they want the best for the dogs and I applaud them for it. But they are asking for more information than I think is reasonable for me. I could be wrong. From what I've been reading a lot of rescues are strict about who they adopt to. As I'm sure they feel they need to be. And my being gone to work everyday would be a black mark I'm sure. I know a lot of people get a pet without thinking it through all the possibilities.
Get a mutt. They make great pets!!!

Users who are viewing this thread