Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I had gotten a Pink Skunk Lined Gecko several years back.... beautiful animal... but it was totally nocturnal, never saw it during the day unless I moved the hidey hole he was in... and yes crickets stink Alot!! if you go the route of meal worms, be sure none escape into the sand, they will become beetles that are mean and nasty and capable of inflicting bites to the animals in the cage...

Thankfully, the only reptiles and crickets that live near me now are outside. Just the way I like it!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Please no Dragon's gate. :(

Good morning Army. :)

Feels like October finally arrived. We have some cooler breezes blowing around. Not quite window opening time since the humidity is still moderately high. I've acclimated so well that 70's give me a chill. :p

As soon as the clouds go away, it will get hot again in the sun.

Time for coffee!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Now, if Heavenly tobacco went out of stock, that would be a real tragedy! Since it's not a NET, I suspect there's no danger of that.
I think you're right.

Good Morning Army. TGIF !!!!!

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
You too Pop!

Brace yourselves for "Dragon's Gate"....
That's not funny, young man!!

Please no Dragon's gate. :(

Good morning Army. :)

Feels like October finally arrived. We have some cooler breezes blowing around. Not quite window opening time since the humidity is still moderately high. I've acclimated so well that 70's give me a chill. :p

As soon as the clouds go away, it will get hot again in the sun.

Time for coffee!!!
How did you survive your treatment? How many left? Six?

Geez, my multi-quote posts are starting to look like the Chakmeister's. :(

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I think you're right.

You too Pop!

That's not funny, young man!!

How did you survive your treatment? How many left? Six?

Geez, my multi-quote posts are starting to look like the Chakmeister's. :(

Survived fine. Still have the take home pump on and get disconnected tomorrow morning. I have 4(!) more to go. After that, decisions on what next. Hopefully all cancer cells will be dead. If not... I will deal with whatever. I won't give up the fight! :evil: if it means further chemo, I will do it. As long as there is movement in a positive direction.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Survived fine. Still have the take home pump on and get disconnected tomorrow morning. I have 4(!) more to go. After that, decisions on what next. Hopefully all cancer cells will be dead. If not... I will deal with whatever. I won't give up the fight! :evil: if it means further chemo, I will do it. As long as there is movement in a positive direction.
I guess I remain a little confused about what happens after the treatments are done. If the cancer cells are all dead, what else would you need? And what is the Philly visit for?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I guess I remain a little confused about what happens after the treatments are done. If the cancer cells are all dead, what else would you need? And what is the Philly visit for?

The Philly visit is to get a second opinion on the chemo for life that my oncologist is planning for me. Also to hopefully get answers as to where and what all these reports mean. My current oncologist is like 'Don't worry about that' or just kind of glosses over some of my questions.

Another reason for going there, if it comes out of remission (not in remission yet as far as I know) I would then be a candidate (hopefully) to get into a trial. I'm especially looking at immunotherapy or even one that uses the genetic profile of the cancer to create a vaccination that uses those cells to attack the cancer. Getting in to see her will give me an opening into getting into a trial if needed.

There is so much happening lately it's hard to keep up with. I was blessed to find a colon cancer forum and they are always watching out and posting the latest in trials and where to find them.

There aren't that many people that I can find that have my particular situation. A bit frustrating in that respect. I guess my surgeon was correct when he said my case was unusual.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The Philly visit is to get a second opinion on the chemo for life that my oncologist is planning for me. Also to hopefully get answers as to where and what all these reports mean. My current oncologist is like 'Don't worry about that' or just kind of glosses over some of my questions.

Another reason for going there, if it comes out of remission (not in remission yet as far as I know) I would then be a candidate (hopefully) to get into a trial. I'm especially looking at immunotherapy or even one that uses the genetic profile of the cancer to create a vaccination that uses those cells to attack the cancer. Getting in to see her will give me an opening into getting into a trial if needed.

There is so much happening lately it's hard to keep up with. I was blessed to find a colon cancer forum and they are always watching out and posting the latest in trials and where to find them.

There aren't that many people that I can find that have my particular situation. A bit frustrating in that respect. I guess my surgeon was correct when he said my case was unusual.
I see. Can you repeat this "chemo for life" plan they have for you? And I like that you're setting yourself up for that trial. Good thinking!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
That's not finny, young man!!

C'mon now General. You know as well as anybody that tobacco harvests can vary from year to year due to rainfall, temperature, inclement weather, etc.
The last time we went through this with you it became "GandyGate" !

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I see. Can you repeat this "chemo for life" plan they have for you? And I like that you're setting yourself up for that trial. Good thinking!

I can't remember exactly what the chemo for life treatment was but I know Avastin was included. Avastin is what is causing my high blood pressure. So I'm definitely not happy with that. Once I heard chemo for life...brain kinda shut down.

It's hard to keep a lot of this straight. So many terms that are unfamiliar. Thank goodness for google. Have to be careful with google though. It can scare the crap out of you needlessly. Some of the statistics are 5 years old and are generalizations at times.

It's better used just to look up med terms and not look up outcomes.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

C'mon now General. You know as well as anybody that tobacco harvests can vary from year to year due to rainfall, temperature, inclement weather, etc.
The last time we went through this with you it became "GandyGate" !
Gandygate was far more than a seasonal change.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I can't remember exactly what the chemo for life treatment was but I know Avastin was included. Avastin is what is causing my high blood pressure. So I'm definitely not happy with that. Once I heard chemo for life...brain kinda shut down.

It's hard to keep a lot of this straight. So many terms that are unfamiliar. Thank goodness for google. Have to be careful with google though. It can scare the crap out of you needlessly. Some of the statistics are 5 years old and are generalizations at times.

It's better used just to look up med terms and not look up outcomes.
We talking medication or treatments of some kind?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
We talking medication or treatments of some kind?
I think it may be oral? Except Avastin is given in IV form. Which means going to the oncologist to get infusions which of course means more money in their pocket :rolleyes:

I do have the power to decide on my own treatment which is why I'm trying to get as many options as possible. If I go into complete remission, I need to find out if I can take a watch and wait approach. Logically, it would seem that giving my body time to heal from chemo would be a good thing. Another thought that goes through my head is how antibiotics can build resistance from being as effective/affective (?) if used too much. Wouldn't it then seem logical that any floating cancer cells would become immune to chemo if exposed to it for more than what is needed?

So many thoughts that run around in my brain. Things that I will be bringing up in my consultation. I don't feel comfortable bring them up with my current oncologist knowing she wants to keep my money flowing to her. I can't trust her with a straight answer.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think it may be oral? Except Avastin is given in IV form. Which means going to the oncologist to get infusions which of course means more money in their pocket :rolleyes:

I do have the power to decide on my own treatment which is why I'm trying to get as many options as possible. If I go into complete remission, I need to find out if I can take a watch and wait approach. Logically, it would seem that giving my body time to heal from chemo would be a good thing. Another thought that goes through my head is how antibiotics can build resistance from being as effective/affective (?) if used too much. Wouldn't it then seem logical that any floating cancer cells would become immune to chemo if exposed to it for more than what is needed?

So many thoughts that run around in my brain. Things that I will be bringing up in my consultation. I don't feel comfortable bring them up with my current oncologist knowing she wants to keep my money flowing to her. I can't trust her with a straight answer.
You pretty much have this whole thing beautifully framed. Excellent questions and concerns and I like how you take control of your own fate. I could not agree more...these doctors are not to be put on pedestals. They have to be challenged. There has to be options to post chemo. I can see why you want to visit that Philly center. If you want the best choices you have to seek out the best experts. Nice work!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You pretty much have this whole thing beautifully framed. Excellent questions and concerns and I like how you take control of your own fate. I could not agree more...these doctors are not to be put on pedestals. They have to be challenged. There has to be options to post chemo. I can see why you want to visit that Philly center. If you want the best choices you have to seek out the best experts. Nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread