Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Yup just nasty doesnt hold a candle to Swagger not that they are really the same types of juice but first impression of all of them was ewww.

a6936891-bd61-7e70.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is off the HHV thread...

Just a public service announcement from a concerned customer of HHV :)... we all need to realize that Heather hand mixes each individual bottle of juice! I had the opportunity to visit and see for myself, I was under the impression that I placed my order and it was just poured from a big batch that had been pre-made ... nope each bottle is mixed as the order comes in... this takes time and I feel sorry for Heather's hands ! LOL anyway HHV's juices are well worth the wait I just wanted to put this out there in case people thought what i did!

Well Dante, since you know that operation, do you agree about having to steep it until it reaches full flavor?

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
I've known people to not like HHV, heck PBrusardo gave Gandalf a thumbs down (but raved about their other juices he reviewed), but I've never heard anyone call any of their juices "nasty". Taste is indeed subjective.

Maybe its the steeping or maybe Pink spot spoiled me coming out of the gate. All I can say is I definitely did not like them. Just tried the vanilla dream again to see if it has gotten any better and it just hasnt :( Will keep checking them every so often.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yea I figure with all the rave reviews there's got to be something there. Will definitely revisit them but for now they are put to the side.

Johny, give me a review once you're done steeping. PM me if you have to. My username is Bronze so it's easy to remember. Thanks.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Maybe its the steeping or maybe Pink spot spoiled me coming out of the gate. All I can say is I definitely did not like them. Just tried the vanilla dream again to see if it has gotten any better and it just hasnt :( Will keep checking them every so often.

Hey, I love me some Swagger too, it's one of my favorites, but I can't vape it all the time. It'd be like eating a giant chocolate sundae with caramel and whipped cream and nuts 3 meals a day.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Well Dante, since you know that operation, do you agree about having to steep it until it reaches full flavor?

Doh. My bad. That was someone else's. I didn't notice that it didn't put their name in the post. I haven't been there. But yes I do think their juices get better after at least 4 days once I have it. I'm in Illinois and it usually takes about 4 days to get mine. So plus 4 days that's at least a week before it gets good. Look back on my reviews. Lol. I was going around here saying gandalf tasted like a stale cracker. And now it's my favorite. But at first yup it was blah and reminded me of a stale saltine cracker. It just gets better day after day. I'm on my 3rd bottle of gandalf now. Lol. Same goes for dragons fire, oompa, and huntsman that I've tried. After a week they are all quite good. Not taking over my gandalf but they're good. Mocha java is a strong coffee so it's good right out of the mail. It doesn't need to steep.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
You know I have been thinking about it and I am wondering... I live in Vegas and it has been over 100 here maybe the juice got ruined from the heat...

Yeah ive read a lot of posts this last week on juices getting cooked and if there was anything vendors could do about it. My advice though. Give em a few days.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
I have some HHV Dragon's Fire steeping right now. I haven't tried it yet, but I did smell it right out of the box and thought, "OK, an HHV I'm probably not going to like". It just smelled weird. I smelled it again today, after three days steeping, and now it smells wonderful. I'm hoping to give it a full week, but if it starts smelling any better, I may not make it. :)

I gotta say though, almost every juice I thought was "nasty" out of the box, no amount of steeping ever helped it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You know I have been thinking about it and I am wondering... I live in Vegas and it has been over 100 here maybe the juice got ruined from the heat...

I don't know. I hear people who put it in boiling water when they get them so who the hell knows. Never had to steep my analogs. So +1 goes to my old habit. Hate to do it.

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
Johny, give me a review once you're done steeping. PM me if you have to. My username is Bronze so it's easy to remember. Thanks.
Will do but the more I am thinking about the more I think it maybe got ruined in the mailbox. Just did side by side comparison of the Vanilla dream from HHV and French vanilla from Pink spot and the flavor of the HHV is very muted while the Pink spot just pops!

Pretty straight forward flavor so I am thinking more and more these got killed in the heat in my mailbox :(

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I don't know. I hear people who put it in boiling water when they get them so who the hell knows. Never had to steep my analogs. So +1 goes to my old habit. Hate to do it.

That was actually one of my suggestions for vendors over in that thread. Having pre steeped ready to vape liquids. Looks like vaporrite was already on it. Makes sense to me. No one wants to get their juice only to let it sit for a week. I went to getting extra gandalf so now I'll always have one ready to vape. Some flavors are strong though. Like I had said mocha java is plenty potent right out of the gate. So was blade runner.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Will do but the more I am thinking about the more I think it maybe got ruined in the mailbox. Just did side by side comparison of the Vanilla dream from HHV and French vanilla from Pink spot and the flavor of the HHV is very muted while the Pink spot just pops!

Pretty straight forward flavor so I am thinking more and more these got killed in the heat in my mailbox :(

Also could be pink spots is older and better aged whereas the HHV is fresh?

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
That was actually one of my suggestions for vendors over in that thread. Having pre steeped ready to vape liquids. Looks like vaporrite was already on it. Makes sense to me. No one wants to get their juice only to let it sit for a week. I went to getting extra gandalf so now I'll always have one ready to vape. Some flavors are strong though. Like I had said mocha java is plenty potent right out of the gate. So was blade runner.

I gotta agree with this of all the flavors I got in my samples the Mocha was the most flavor full right out of the gate. I didnt like the flavor of the coffee in it but i could see where others definitely would.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Johnny weeks ago I was in your seat. I got my HHV juices and was like wtf? I thought the mocha java was like burned popcorn and gandalf was a stale cracker, literally. Wasn't impressed with them at all. Since then these are my 2 top juices and I've been ordering juice after juice from HHV. I've found most of them sadly enough are best after at least 4 days. So HHV has taught me not to give up on the flavor. It will get better day after day.

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
Johnny weeks ago I was in your seat. I got my HHV juices and was like wtf? I thought the mocha java was like burned popcorn and gandalf was a stale cracker, literally. Wasn't impressed with them at all. Since then these are my 2 top juices and I've been ordering juice after juice from HHV. I've found most of them sadly enough are best after at least 4 days. So HHV has taught me not to give up on the flavor. It will get better day after day.

I will definitely keep trying them so many people say they are great they just have to get better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread