Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
It is strange, isn't it. And it actually reminds me of the situation with the CeroTank, which is a FANTASTIC little TP tank, but unrecognized as it's not available everywhere. (only eBay, I believe)

Cheers, Defenders! Defend happily! :toast:

Alex Helli

Sep 17, 2015
Hey Defender lovers :D Sooooo i am traveling in Germany right now and i needed to stock up on some Vape supplies. Found the nearest VapeShop and went straight for it =) the idea was to get iStick 20w for my girlfriend and some other bits. and on the shelf i saw Defender 25w for the same price as 20w iStick but it had 25w a bigger battery and went all the way down to 0.5oHm :) seemed like a perfect box for her( eleaf Gs Air user) so i didn't think for long and got one :) when i came back and gave it to her it was not turning on at all even while charging.. i was really mad and at that point even thought to myself that it's a piece of S**it. but then i clicked 5 times and with a tank on it fired.. all in all it was working but the screen was broken. next day went back to the shop and they gave me a new one that worked but they also gave me the broken one :D so now i have 2 of them :D:D and i found myself using it A LOT!!! on my rda running 0.7/8 taste builds. In conclusion i do think it's a great great great mod hey ill even say it's the best one for the money. but i did see people having faulty units sometimes but i guess that can be expected for this price.

My question is: Did anyone took it apart? i want to repair the screen. should i try or should i just use it in blind more adjusting the wattage by taste ?:) i do have some experience in electronics but i never tried to take a mod apart before.

Any advice will be appreciated :) and sorry for my terrible english grammar.

Alex Helli

Sep 17, 2015
I'm not sure this will help, Alex, but have a look. He does take it apart. :)

Ah, Great video it did help :) i took it a part and fixed the screen :D so now i have 2 working defenders :)))
Thank you Katdarling

JXy0y2l.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
While I now have a kbox mini that I like because of the replaceable batt, it was the Defender that 'got me there' because of the rounded sides and perfect fit for the way I vape.... see here for wayyy too much info for some lol :

Little itty bitty mods under $100.

The kbox mini and the Defender are virtually the same size - the istick50W rounded sides but a bit wide for me....

160307253.R9qgetbW.jpg

Here's the kbox mini (again so similar to the defender as to not notice) next to the vtc mini which is about the same dimensions BUT without the rounded size and you can feel it :)

161334639.10ujBW14.jpg

I had 5 out of 6 isticks that died early or were wonky - the RMS/Mean thing as well as other problems with chrome threading?? with the first ones and really short batt lives where they simply quit working... So the Defender was really a difference in quality and performance. I also can't see why more vendors don't carry them. I think whoever would, would clean up - not just on newbies either - I'd buy 3 more and I have 2 in reserve as it is :- )

I also like the 'black waves'/peacock skin - hopefully they bring that back but as I mentioned to Kat, one can 'exchange innards' via the video - no solder, just change the 'black, or red or blue one' for the black waves one when it 'dies'... (if you have one of course and IF it's still in good shape :- )

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
had my defender 7 weeks today and still kicking .... hoping it'll last 6 months minimum. still looks like new , the paint is holding up well not a scratch on it . hav'nt dropped it yet. i would definatly buy another one . the guy in the shop said it was guaranteed for 90 days so they are expecting it to last for a while.
vape on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread