heatvape Invader mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
My theory is the battery contacts in this mod are a bit long for most flat tops, intermittent loss of battery contact might explain the issues people are having with losing settings and powering on, anyone having those issues tried button tops? Been considering picking one up myself, the durability is definitely a landmark in mods and an attractive quality, but the issues are keeping me back.

studip

Mar 28, 2015
Buckeye
So after a few days of using this I have run into the setting reset issue a few times. I don't believe this is due to the battery contacts... it's very solid in there and I think this would otherwise be a chronic problem... but then again, I'm no expert so I'd be curious if it has been tried as well.

One other issue I have run into... A couple of times when switching from a nickel to kanthal atty I've had it come up in temp control mode and even fire as if it were a nickel build. To resolve this I have to lock it then maybe reseat the atty. I find these things a nuisance but no danger or deal breaker as of yet. Would still recommend, but I guess we'll see if anything else shakes out.

studip

Mar 28, 2015
Buckeye
.... Main one is set it down other than being super gentle and the battery will compress the bottom spring and the unit will do a master reset. A couple of times it has fired my TC coils in Kanthal mode out of the clear blue and fried them. Will see with my second unit if my first is just a problem child that needs to be swapped.

Aha! I went back through the thread and see that the TC issue was called out (missed that the first go around). So that's 2 reports...

And you may be on to something with the spring compress. I'll have to do some testing. Button top might be the answer after all. :)

I think I may just get one. My P3 is pretty durable, but every time it hits the ground or I sit on it I cringe wondering if this is the time I loose all that cash. Watching a $60 mod drop out of my pocket, then bounce out of the tractor onto a rock pile wouldn't make me fret nearly as much. Whatever I get, it has to be durable, I tend to be hard on equipment.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Buddy of mine has one. Seeing it online I wasn't sold on the looks but in person its kewl. VERY well built and heavy.

He has a Subtank with TC coils. I have never used TC even though my mod has it. I've been interested in it out of curiousity but not enough to follow through. Now that I have used TC I think I'm sold. Temco order placed for Ni200. Amazing vape from a tank I don't like with a juice thats not for me. I can wait to try it on my tank with my juice.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I have one. Love it. It has a couple of quirks - occasionally takes more than 5 button pushes to turn on and occasionally doesn't hold my settings, but no biggie. I like it. It's a solid device! Hefty, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I had this problem too trying to turn it on, but it eventually fired up, Not run it yet at its full 50W so I cannot comment on its full potential, however using the Efest 2500 mah 35A or supposed to be I get about half a day at 30W with a smok Vaper Chaser with a 0.6 coil. Have not tried it on the Kafun yet. Has anyone tried the Panasonic NCR18650BE 3200mAh batteries yet? I got 4 today to try?

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
Yeah I had this problem too trying to turn it on, but it eventually fired up, Not run it yet at its full 50W so I cannot comment on its full potential, however using the Efest 2500 mah 35A or supposed to be I get about half a day at 30W with a smok Vaper Chaser with a 0.6 coil. Have not tried it on the Kafun yet. Has anyone tried the Panasonic NCR18650BE 3200mAh batteries yet? I got 4 today to try?
I've only used the Efest 2500mah and PV Elite 2100mah. I get similar results from both. I just make sure to take extra batteries with me when I'm out using it. I would like to try THESE which are PV Elite 2800mah 35A batteries.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone
Hey All Skullman Here: Looks like everyone's Mods are working OK since there hasn't been any postings in a while!?? I have three Invader Mini's they were my First Temp Control Mods. In the 3 months or so I've owned them they have been working like they should as long as the device that are put on them are meant for the job. I do experience sleep mode that does not seem to be consistent from time to time? For my first try at Temp Control it took some time playing around to finally get the hang of it. I've since graduated to other TC devices. My favorite now being the eVic-VT! The VT's have been my daily devices though I'm still using my Invader Mini's on a daily basis.

Playing with my own coils has proved to be the way to for some excellent vape experience! I too seem to get about half a day in TC mode and a days worth out of it. But these days they seem to always be in TC mode. I have enough other devices to take care of Non TC. Been using the LG HE4's with good results. I have used them in situations were I would not take another device like Building, in the Dirt, Wrenching and other things that may destroy any other Mod! Have knocked them over many times with no negative results other then damage to tank or broken tank glass.

OK L8R
Skully {:{}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread