Heavenly Army: At first I didn't like it. Now I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I recently ordered 100 mL of Heavenly Army. I like most of HHV's tobacco juices, including Shadow (which I had tried in a sample pack), so based on its description, I decided to try Heavenly Army and skip my usual 15 mL or 30 mL order for juices I haven't yet tried.

When it first got here, I thought I had made an expensive mistake. The tobacco flavor was good (and quite creamy), but the exhale left a very strange aftertaste. The flavor of that aftertaste was something I couldn't quite put my finger on, but it was not pleasant at all. I tried it a few more times over the next couple of days and nothing had changed. I decided to let it steep for a while -- I left the top off overnight, re-capped it, and set it aside for a week.

After that relatively short steep, I put a new cotton wick into my 0.7 ohm single coil build (26 gauge Kanthal, 2 mm coil), and tried Heavenly Army again. It was an entirely new juice. Light and slightly sweet, with a very smooth tobacco flavor accentuated by a bit of Bavarian creme and caramel. I can also taste a tiny amount of honey undertones. On the exhale, the unpleasant aftertaste is completely gone, replaced by a pronounced graham cracker flavor. It really is quite lovely.

I know that HHV juice needs to be steeped to reach its full flavor potential, but with all their other juices I enjoy, it is good when fresh and just improves with age. Of the very few of their juices that I did not like, after steeping, none of them transformed into something I did like. Until Heavenly Army.

This isn't an all-day vape for me, but I can easily see it being one for many others. And if it continues to improve with some more steeping, it might just become an all-day vape for me as well.

Overall, if you like HHV's tobacco juices, especially their "lighter" ones, Heavenly Army is worth a try. Unfortunately, it is one of the many flavors that are not available in their sample packs, so that means you'll need to order at least a 6 mL bottle. If you are fairly sure that you will like it (for example, if you like Shadow), I would just go for the 30 mL bottle as it is significantly less per mL than the smaller size bottles.

And if you don't like it at first, be sure to let it steep. While this is important for every HHV juice, Heavenly Army is the only one I've tried that actually requires steeping to taste good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread