Held At Customs Personal Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasbandit

May 8, 2009
Hi everyone,

Been a member for few weeks here. Great forum.

Anyone who's ordered recently from China I'm a bit worried that our first order was and will not be released from customs.

Others have posted there orders cleared in 1 and 2 days but ours, only 3 items including a start up kit shows being held by customs.

We had shipped EMS and here's the tracking info on their site...

2009-05-27 14:44:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA Handed over to Customs

NOTE the wording HANDED OVER TO CUSTOMS!

Should I be worried or is this common from your experience?

It's been like 4 days and there's no additional info or tracking at the EMS site since the 27th.

Think this will be our last order from China. Can't afford to not get product and lose money if we don't get it.

We appreciate your help and feedback.

vegasbandit

May 8, 2009
DAMN you all are GREAT!!

Thanks for such fast feedback and reply.

I did not think US would track that number for some reason because it wad china but YES you all are right on...

Here's what the USPS has on my order.....

Label/Receipt Number: EE16 5755 604C N
Class: Express Mail International®

Your item is being processed by United States Customs. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Inbound Into Customs
Bullet Inbound International Arrival, May 27, 2009, 2:43 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Bullet Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, May 26, 2009, 7:34 pm, SHANGHAI EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Bullet Foreign Acceptance, May 26, 2009, 8:07 am

Still taking longer than I thought it would at customs but guess it's not moved from customs for 4 days now.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA

Nice job of being a scaremonger.................That thread is full of people crying "the sky is falling!"

No individual orders have been seized. Yes, ocassionaly a very large wholesale order is seized. But quit trying to scare people. There has not been one credible, verifiable post on any thread here about an individual order being seized. None.

MisKate

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Illinois, USA
I went a lil' crazy ordering, have 3 orders from China on the way. The first two cleared customs in Chicago today. The 3rd went inbound to customs about an hour ago. So feeling some relief here. Two down, one to go! I really wasn't too worried....I have scoured the forum threads, and Elendil is right, no individual has had a problem that's been reported.

Rebel

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Ohio
www.vcignature.com
Nice job of being a scaremonger.................That thread is full of people crying "the sky is falling!"

No individual orders have been seized. Yes, ocassionaly a very large wholesale order is seized. But quit trying to scare people. There has not been one credible, verifiable post on any thread here about an individual order being seized. None.

Elendil. Calm down. Lets be civil. Now please READ all my posts inside of the link before you accuse me of anything. Then read my last post inside the thread. I agree that thread has flaws but my posts are relevant.

I will add that ANY packages that are know to be electronic cigarettes as they pass through customs are to be held. I didnt write the memo. I simply quoted it.

Rebel

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Stange--as I remember as far back as 5 months ago--where Trobical Bob reported he had a personal order seized by Customs and he went though hoops to get it. They made him sign documentation that he was in fact using it as a smoking cessaion device before he got his shipment. Also there have indeed been other posts of consumer's small order's being seized-----I guess you just have to read all the posts here everyday to keep up. IMO, from the posts I have read, it is still a rare occurance--but it does happen-------Sun

Rebel

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Ohio
www.vcignature.com
I will make it easier since there is alot to cut through reading my posts on the siezed shipments thread.

I still have not received my order. The USPS tracking info remains the same today. I agree also that posting information pertaining to how successful packages were labeled and from whom they were purchased should not be mentioned. However as in my case, it could be equally important TO list information when a package has been detained. Packages that do not make it through because they were described a certain way are obviously being held. It is wise to let everyone know (use common sense) what was done wrong. Ironically, I have received other packages that were labeled more accurately as to what the product is. It was the deceptive one that got seized. Unlucky or the same "trick" is old news to the FDA. Either way it didn’t work.

I called the FDA/Customs division earlier. I was told that they do in fact have my package. On the May, 18th information pertaining to my package was sent to a higher office and as of right now is pending a decision that will either allow them to release the package to me or to have it sent back to its origin. I was told that the FDA is backlogged with these seized packages and letters are going out informing intended recipients of the decision 2 weeks after the FDA receives notice of them. It’s been just about that long for me so I will update when I do receive a letter. The same office also informed me that towards the end of April, they received a memo stating basically (he didn’t read it to me word for word) "more and more of these devices are being seen coming through the ports, all packages containing electronic cigarettes are to be held pending notification/review." I then asked if any packages held since that memo has been released. He said "Not to my knowledge". Just throwing it out there, i told him i understand the FDAs position wanting to hold anything that said "Quit Smoking or Healthier" since as of yet that has not been proven (debatable), but that my package has none of those claims associated with it. He concurred that those claims are "Part" of the issue but more directly "From a FDA perspective, this is a device that delivers nicotine, which is a drug, so this is a unapproved drug delivery device." This guy really knew more than I expected he would about the issue.

I personally think when the FDA first held the big 3 company’s shipments it was a turning point. Holding those companies shipments were calculated and deliberate. What may have come of their initial intentions will never be known. I doubt it was going to be good but might not have been as bad as the extremes they are taking now. Unwittingly, when S.E. sued it really ...... them off. The infamous intercepted e-mail from the FDA shows how personal they took it. None the less we are not powerless. We have our contender in Smoking Everywhere (for better or for worse) with a few more powerful allies lying in wait to pick up the next rounds if necessary. My only regret is that I learned of this smoking alternative so late in the game and am now limited to letting others fight the bigger fights. Still, what I can do, what we all should do, is be pro-active in our efforts to contact our lawmakers, inform our ignorant analog community more actively so that they too can join our cause, and to avoid unnecessary confrontation while vaping so as not to give cities and states the opportunity to mass against us for fear of losing their tobacco tax money.

Our cause is just, , we are well organized, and we are right. We are democrat and republican, rich and poor, bosses and beach bums (sup trop bob). The coming of our “PERSONAL VAPORIZERS” is inevitable. The question is not one of “IF” we will succeed, it is one of how much control will we still have “WHEN” we prevail!!!

Fight the Good Fight

Rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread