• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hell Lake of Fire and Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    The Bible is truly the inspired word of God - Whether we understand it or not it is true and the word of God.

The meanings of the printed words in the Bible we see today, has the meanings of many words changed from the time it was writings until today.

The words in the Old Testament Bible came from the Jewish scriptures and writings, words in the New Testament Bible came from quoting the Old Testament scriptures and the writings of Jesus disciples. No other source is the inspired written words of God recorded by men or women. No new teachings, holiday's, feast day's or events have been added since the closing of the book of Revelations. Any thing added or removed is demonic and false teaching.

During this period words in our languages have change to mean something else. Only fifth years ago, the word gay meant to be cheerful, joyful today gay means something completely different. Words should be read in context and from the point of view of the writer message and what he/she was trying to communicate to the audience to understand this the time period it was written is very important.

*** The closing of the Bible at the very end of it's writings. King James Version
    Revelations Chapter 22 verse 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

When we quote out of today's Bible with the understanding we have today, our we giving true or false scripture teachings out? here's Three examples you draw your own conclusion.

*** It would bring much happiness to me to read everyone’s pros and cons.

Below is a reprint from Bible.org

HELL
    In common usage, this term refers to the place of future punishment for the wicked. The word properly translated “hell” in the New Testament is the Greek Geenna or Gehenna, a place in the Valley of Hinnom where human sacrifices had been offered and where continuous burning of rubbish made it an apt illustration of the eternal lake of fire (cf. Matt. 5:22 ). Other words like sheol or hades are improperly translated by this term.

SHEOL The general idea of this word is “the place of the dead” including the grave (cf. Num. 16:30,33 ; Ps. 16:10 ), and the unseen place of those who have departed from this life, the place of departed spirits of both the righteous (Gen. 37:35 ) and the wicked (Prov. 9:18 ).

HADES This word is basically the New Testament counterpart of the Sheol. It refers to the unseen world in general, but specifically to the abode of the unsaved dead between death and the final judgment at the great white throne (cf. Lk. 16:23 and Rev. 20:11-15 ).It differs from hell in that it is temporary while hell is permanent.

LAKE OF FIRE Refers to the eternal state of the wicked who are forever separated from God and consigned to a special abode of suffering because of their rejection of Christ or their lack of the righteousness of Christ. It is equivalent to and identified with the second death in Revelation 20:14 .

What does the Bible mean when it says Christ descended into hell? | Bible.org

*** If you want more words from the Bible and their true meaning posted like this let me know with in a posted comment.

My best friend Linda inspired me to do this post but she didn't know it - I thank God for her.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    You humble me, MM. I'll admit I didn't grasp onto this easily, but I started my own searches. The KJV is perfect as it is for Christians. But I, hesitantly on MM's urging, started checking out more and more. Going to the original text and reading the differences, I found it to enhance and expand the Scriptures.

My father was a Messianic Jew (he got saved in his later years) from New York. After he and my mom got married, they went back to New York to live for awhile. My grandmother knew very little English and they mainly spoke Yiddish. They would tell a joke in Yiddish and laugh heartily. Of course my mom didn't understand, and Daddy would turn around and translate it in English. My mom looked at him and told him that wasn't close to being funny. It lost something in the translation. Actually, it lost a great deal in the translation. Since I remembered this and MM's urging, I decided to check for myself. He is correct. But it would take me hours and hours to do this, and it expands. So, I'm taking it slow. Slow is good for me. It's up to you if you want to do this, and if you have any questions, ask MM! He's better versed in this than me.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread