Hello all need some help diy supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calem mathis

Jul 27, 2016
Im looking for a supplier for the safest vg and pg base. Also flavoring in the safest manor. It would be nice for a one stop shop site but am thinking ill have to got to a couple.that is fine. I am mainly looking for vanilla, cream ,milk, graham ,cracker honey. I have never done any diy experiments and have only been vaping around 105 days. so please help whatever would be appreciated.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Look up the Liquid Warehouse. They offer complete kits with flavors of your choice with enough pg, vg, nic, vials, bottles, gloves. Everything you'll need to get you started for around 85
And I'm sure your aware that the game is going to change early next month, and is beginning to already. So do whatever fairly quickly
There are lots of recipe Treads on site here where you can get the jest of DIY liquids.
Have fun

Last edited:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Welcome to ECF Calem.
PG and VG base must be pharmaceutical grade.
It should say USP on the label.
If it does say this it is very pure stuff, they do not give out the USP grading unless the product passes extensive testing. It is "safe".

The dose is the poison so a small amount of any flavour is likely "safe". Once we start vaping a higher percentage of flavouring, no matter what flavour it is. We are increasing risk because it is only food grade, not USP grade.

Someone feel free to disagree and convince me otherwise. Cheers.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Welcome to ECF!
I have been getting my diy supplies (Nicotine, VG, PG, flavorings, and measuring equipment etc.) from Wizard Labs for a couple years now. To find the safest flavorings I read the information provided on each flavoring, and it will say if the flavoring is free of diacatyl and diketones. Essential Depot has great prices for 2 gallons of VG, and a deal for PG gallon too. I think it was around $39 free shipping for 2 galloms of VG. I cannot remember the PG deal. I have been using VG from Essential Depot for a year, and it is great. I have used VG from Wizard Labs, Essential Depot, and Bull City Vapor. They all tasted the same to me and clean :) I also have gotten flavorings from Bull City Vapor. There are some great DIY vendors out there. Check them out, and decide which one works better for you :) Do not be afraid to ask any question :)
I really like the Capella V2 (version 2) line. They are diketone and diacatyl free versions. The hazelnut V2 is great. I am a hazelnut Nut :) The flavorings I have had from the The Flavor Apprentice II (version 2) line is good too. There are so many good flavoring brands out there.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Bulk Apothecary (in Ohio) also has great high-quality VG and PG. I've been ordering and using it exclusively, because of the quality, price, quick shipping, etc. Usually, when I order a gallon of PG & one of VG...with S/H to me here in FL...it's about $42.00 maximum. When they have a discount code it's even less!

Most of my flavorings (95% of them) I order from Wizard Labs. They have flavorings from a large number of manufacturers, have great info. on exactly what's in each one, have quick & extremely careful packaging and shipping, and their Customer Service is terrific.

When I first started DIY, I ordered these things all from WL in 1order, to find out if I even really would like DIY: about 20 of the 8mL sample-sized flavorings @ $1.49 each, a 120mL bottle of their USP grade PG, 120mL bottle of their Nic base in VG, and the same 120mL of their USP grade VG. Worked great as a beginning way to DIY. Once I found I really liked it, I kept ordering flavorings from them, and my first Liter of Nic Base in VG, but was getting my PG & VG by the gallon jugs from Bulk Apothecary.

Whatever questions you may have about DIY...you can probably find answers for on the DIY discussion board, blog by various ECF members like dannyv45 and Bill's Magic Vapor, etc. Read, read, and read some more...and give it a try! Good Luck and have fun with it!
:thumbs:

Ruby Wires

Jul 27, 2016
...Once we start vaping a higher percentage of flavouring, no matter what flavour it is. We are increasing risk because it is only food grade, not USP grade.
I tend to agree with this. You'll have to do tons of research to decide for yourself what is safest in the end.

Also, I quite like Wizard Labs for some things too. Their 8ml bottles are great when exploring flavours. Start with the smallest size bottles at first, until you know if you like that particular one. I've gotten a few larger sized ones I didn't care for, that were purchased based on what I thought the flavour would be...lol

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
For small amounts, PG and VG can usually be had from the same place you get your nic and/or flavorings. For larger amounts, many of us use Essential Depot (from their own website, or through Amazon). Bull City Vapor (dot com) and Wizard Labs (dot US) both have a wide selection of flavors from different manufacturers at decent prices. WL also sells the nicotine concentrate, which BCV hasn't been able to offer since their home state of North Carolina enacted stricter regulations last year or so.

There are lots of nicotine suppliers to choose from out there. You might want to read up on this Nicotine Comparisons thread in the DIY forum for more information than I could ever cram into a single post.

Reactions: Rathamar

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Im looking for a supplier for the safest vg and pg base. Also flavoring in the safest manor. It would be nice for a one stop shop site but am thinking ill have to got to a couple.that is fine. I am mainly looking for vanilla, cream ,milk, graham ,cracker honey. I have never done any diy experiments and have only been vaping around 105 days. so please help whatever would be appreciated.
It's a bummer that newbies have to be thinking about stockpiling. I didn't start that for 9 months. If you are concerned about government interference all you need to do right for now is get nic in the freezer. Research and ask questions in the forum. Operative words are 100mg, amber glass, freezer. A typical price is $50 per liter for 100 mg strength. One of those bottles will last me 4 years. For some people it will last 10 years. You can learn the fine points after you've got your nic. All the other ingredients are generic, easy to get now or in the future.

RoseJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2016
Florida
I got my first DIY kit from Liquid Barn - it was the best value by far. I get my nic (100mg) from MyFreedomSmokes, my flavorings from either Bull City Vapors, or Wizard Labs. PG and VG I get from Essential Depot (best prices).

As others have suggested, you might need to be quick with ordering your nic. Too many unknowns to leave it to chance.

Good luck!

Reactions: steam heat

steam heat

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
As others have suggested, you might need to be quick with ordering your nic. Too many unknowns to leave it to chance.

+1..... As I understand flavorings and VG/pg should still be available after aug8 but nic Base may be another story! I have 2 liters of 100mg in the freezer now and will be stocking up on VG and flavorings in the next day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread