Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
First off I would like to thank everyone who provided thoughts, answers, and provided some different products to consider. I spent most of the morning looking into all the products that were talked about here, and some idea's people gave. I have since changed my mind on what I was initially considering.

It has came down to:

(2) Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV Seems like a good set-up and reletively cheap for everything you get. My concern with this one is the batteries. Not sure how the battery life will be.

(2) Joyetech eGo-C TWIST - Manual 1000 mAh and a Charger and Pro Tank II - A little more expensive than option 1 but in the end might be worth it for the better batteries.

(3) Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 and Pro Tank II - A little over my total budget of $100 and without some liquid. I could stretch the budget for this if it would truly be a better setup than all the rest.

Having those 3 options out there, I am kind of leaning towards #1 just because its a kit and I dont have to worry about if I have all the proper stuff to make a non kit work. I think for options #2 & #3 I have all parts I would need to get it to work, but am not sure if I am missing anything. If I missed something please let me know.

Thanks
:toast:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
First off I would like to thank everyone who provided thoughts, answers, and provided some different products to consider. I spent most of the morning looking into all the products that were talked about here, and some idea's people gave.
Excellent. I'm glad to see you're taking the time to investigate your options!

Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV Seems like a good set-up and reletively cheap for everything you get. My concern with this one is the batteries. Not sure how the battery life will be.
Depending on how you vape (and that does vary from person to person), a 650 mAh battery can last about 5-6 hours before needing to be recharged. Recharging can take 1-2 hours. For the sake of comparison, a 1000 mAh battery could last 9-10 hours before needing recharging. But, again, some of this depends on how you use them.

The best thing about option #1, from my perspective, is that you're getting two batteries and two tanks, so you've got one and a backup from the start.

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 and Pro Tank II - A little over my total budget of $100 and without some liquid. I could stretch the budget for this if it would truly be a better setup than all the rest.
This battery is 2600 mAh. It might last you two to three days. At some point, you will want some kind of backup. Even if you don't need something else to vape while it's charging, your setup could get lost or broken. One of the mottos of ECF is "backup your backups."

I think for options #2 & #3 I have all parts I would need to get it to work, but am not sure if I am missing anything. If I missed something please let me know.
The MVP also comes with all the parts you would need to get it to work. It even comes with an Iclear30 tank you'd be able to compare and contrast with the Protank II you're planning to get. You would not need replacement coils immediately, but you would need to plan to get some in the near future. :)

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks madqatter, I had totally overlooked the MVP coming with a Iclear30 Tank. I was (still am if I go with it) planning on 2 of the battery setups and one ProTank II. So I would have 2 Batteries and 3 Tanks. So that should suffice for a little while.

I am also considering a Vamo v3. Its a little more money (not much) than the MVP setup, but it doesnt have quite as much stuff with it either. I like it because its round and doesnt seem as bulky as the MVP. Was really considering getting the Vamo v3 to start and then in a month or so getting something like the MVP that I could just use when I am at home.

Still not sure, but I am pretty much dead set on it being one of those two. After tons of searching and reading on here and various blogs, I think I am going to just skip the Ego style all together and just jump into the deep(er) end.....lol I think right now my brain is on information overload!!!!! Who knew these things were/could be so complex!!

The financial adviser(wife), has given me a little more funding to play with. She said she doesnt want me to get something I am not completely happy with and just want to get something else in a week or 2. She knows me all to well as thats more than likely what would happen.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
and doesnt seem as bulky as the MVP.
Until recently, I carried a box of smokes everywhere I went. The MVP doesn't seem bulkier than that to me. ;)

After tons of searching and reading on here and various blogs, I think I am going to just skip the Ego style all together and just jump into the deep(er) end...
A lot of people are totally satisfied with eGo setups and never go any further. They can be excellent. But if you're planning to get into mods anyway, why not just go ahead and do it? :)

The financial adviser(wife), has given me a little more funding to play with. She said she doesnt want me to get something I am not completely happy with and just want to get something else in a week or 2. She knows me all to well as thats more than likely what would happen.
Sounds like she knows the difference between cheap and frugal. Better to be the latter; cheap really can cost more in the long run. :thumb:

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Until recently, I carried a box of smokes everywhere I went. The MVP doesn't seem bulkier than that to me. ;)

LMAO, Never really thought of it like that.

A lot of people are totally satisfied with eGo setups and never go any further. They can be excellent. But if you're planning to get into mods anyway, why not just go ahead and do it? :)

I am for certain mods are where I want to be, so like you said, I am just going to do it right away.

Sounds like she knows the difference between cheap and frugal. Better to be the latter; cheap really can cost more in the long run. :thumb:

I totally agree with that, and know first hand that cheaper for me is more costly in the end!!!! Thats why I have decided to just get what I want now and forget about it (relatively speaking :) )

Just to throw it in the mix you could think about 1 mvp and the mini protank set. The Kanger kit would make a terrific back up for the MVP. With 3 complete devices you would start out with a back up for your back up :).

That thought had crossed my mind and was discussed with the wife too. I am just not sure I need/want all that to start with. I kind of like to get things one at a time so I can appreciate it, plus I like to get new things, so I dont want it all at one time!......LOL

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
First off I would like to thank everyone who provided thoughts, answers, and provided some different products to consider. I spent most of the morning looking into all the products that were talked about here, and some idea's people gave. I have since changed my mind on what I was initially considering.

It has came down to:

(2) Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV Seems like a good set-up and reletively cheap for everything you get. My concern with this one is the batteries. Not sure how the battery life will be.

(2) Joyetech eGo-C TWIST - Manual 1000 mAh and a Charger and Pro Tank II - A little more expensive than option 1 but in the end might be worth it for the better batteries.

(3) Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 and Pro Tank II - A little over my total budget of $100 and without some liquid. I could stretch the budget for this if it would truly be a better setup than all the rest.

Having those 3 options out there, I am kind of leaning towards #1 just because its a kit and I dont have to worry about if I have all the proper stuff to make a non kit work. I think for options #2 & #3 I have all parts I would need to get it to work, but am not sure if I am missing anything. If I missed something please let me know.

Thanks
:toast:

Welcome to ECF! You have gotten some great replies here and I will just add my newbie experience.

I started out with the Kanger Evod starter kit. It is a great kit and has everything you need to get started except your choice of juice. I quit smoking with it right away and had no desire to smoke. After a couple of weeks I just felt I wanted more. Something that would give me a better "hit". I then purchased the MVP 2 and protank 2. I am in love! LOL This is an excellent set up and will last me 3 days before I need to charge it and can even charge it while I vape. Good luck to you with what you decide, this is a great alternative to get off of cigarettes.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Welcome to ECF! You have gotten some great replies here and I will just add my newbie experience.

I started out with the Kanger Evod starter kit. It is a great kit and has everything you need to get started except your choice of juice. I quit smoking with it right away and had no desire to smoke. After a couple of weeks I just felt I wanted more. Something that would give me a better "hit". I then purchased the MVP 2 and protank 2. I am in love! LOL This is an excellent set up and will last me 3 days before I need to charge it and can even charge it while I vape. Good luck to you with what you decide, this is a great alternative to get off of cigarettes.

Thanks!!

I am sure what happened to you with the Kanger Evod, would happen to me and I am just going to skip that step in the process. Unless I just get it and the MVP 2 kit that madqatter linked me to. That way I could have a little variety and could use one while the other is charging. I also really like the looks of the Vamo too. So in the end I am still undecided and no closer to my purchase. Well I guess I am closer, I know my choices and what I want, just have to figure out the order I will be getting them in....lol

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello again.
I am sorry for any confusion we may have caused with so many different variations of gear out there. But to be perfectly honest, the biggest bang for the buck is the MPV2 that you posted. Altho it comes with everything you need to start(except the ejuice), let me just point out that you can use your telephone charger to charge this with. I have an HTC EVO and the exact same fitting on my phone as the MPV2 uses. What this means is that you can go to Wal-mart or target or wherever and buy an 8-10 dollar car charger and still be on the go while charging and vaping. When I was still working, this saved me tons of time. I did not originally suggest this because of your orig choice so I was trying to stay along those lines.
Any choice of the ones listed in these posts would be a fine choice.
And madqatter is totally correct in that the MPV2 is slightly slimmer than a box of smokes and the body is just about the same length.
I am not sure if you said or not if the wife smokes. Both of you could each easily get a set of your own(of almost any of the choices displayed here) and still stay around the $100 ish mark.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Sorry all the info can be overwhelming to someone just starting out. Let us know how it goes.

:)

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sugar_and_Spice, I thank you and all the others for all the information. I really appreciate it and would rather be overwhelmed with information than to just be told buy this and this and this. This way I got some options, I got some great searching in and in just you guys naming a few products I was able to learn a lot more in one day than I did in a month on my own. So thank you!!!

I was under the impression by looking at the pictures that the MPV2 was bigger than that.

The wife doesn't smoke anymore, she quit a few years ago with some medication she got from the doctor. I tried to use the medication method myself to no avail after I quit the medication.

I am pretty positive I have settled on either the MPV2 or Vemo. I now just need to decide and order. I am sure at some point I will own both of them, I just need to decide what one is going to be first.

Again I really appreciate all the information. It has been a HUGE help in getting me what I want and not something that will be replaced in a couple weeks because I didn't know about it.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
One last question if you fine folks dont mind, I didnt think of this one the wife did when we were just discussing this.

Do you need a different tank/cart or what have you for different liquids? I never thought of this till she brought it up. I am/was going to get a few different kinds in 5 to 10ml containers to try and see what I liked best.

Also I see where some places let you pick the mix they use, I forget what the right terms were but they were always like 50/50, 60/40, 70/30 and so on. Is there a way thats better or is personal preference on what you like?

Thanks again and I am sorry for all the questions.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Do you need a different tank/cart or what have you for different liquids?
I assume you're talking about changing flavors. With a clearomizer such as the Kanger Protank, you could have a flavor in each tank and switch among them that way-- I usually have four or more tanks filled at once. But you can also change the flavor you have in each tank by just rinsing the parts in hot water-- I usually change the flavor every time the tank is empty because I like to switch things up.

Also I see where some places let you pick the mix they use, I forget what the right terms were but they were always like 50/50, 60/40, 70/30 and so on. Is there a way thats better or is personal preference on what you like?
The way I understand things, it's like this: PG conveys flavor well and has good throat hit. VG is thicker and makes more visible clouds. If you're not allergic/sensitive to either ingredient, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Ask all the questions you want! :)

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks madqatter, I was pretty sure I wouldnt 5 different Kanger Protanks for 5 different flavors. I wasnt sure though since the wick or whatever else is in there would be saturated with the previous flavor. Good to know I can slowly pick up a new tank or two when I place liquid orders till I get a supply.

Thanks for the info on the PG/VG stuff. I had seen it talked about but have ran into a few places searching for liquid that lets you adjust this to your liking and I wasnt to sure about it.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I wasnt sure though since the wick or whatever else is in there would be saturated with the previous flavor.
This is a good place to cover basic cleaning...

You don't need to disassemble the whole tank unless you want to.

If you have a removable drip tip, take it out. Some condensation usually collects in and under it, so removing it will allow you to rinse and dry that with a paper towel.

Unscrew the base from the tank. Unscrew the coil head from the base. Pour any remaining juice from the tank and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Rinse the base. Optional: you can then soak any parts in vodka or PGA and rinse with water. Optional: you can run a pipe cleaner through as well (I recommend folding the end over so the wires don't scratch anything). Pat dry with a paper towel.

Remove the silicone cup from the coil head. Be very careful not to lose it down the drain! Rinse and dry it. Run the coil head under warm water, allowing water to pass through the center tube. Optional: you can then soak the coil head in vodka or PGA and rinse with water. Optional: you may then take apart the coil head and dry burn the coil (lots of YouTube videos demonstrate this). Pat dry with a paper towel. If the towel is dry enough, it will pull a lot of the water back out of the wicks. Alternatively, you may allow the coil head to air dry. Replace the silicone cup.

Whatever coil head you plan to use next, I recommend "priming" the visible part of the wick with a couple of drops of the juice you want before filling the tank and assembling it.

When screwing the pieces together, snug them but be careful not to overtighten them.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thank you so much for that, it will really come in handy for sure. I had done some searching on the very subject a little earlier and didnt find anything that was wrote for someone like me who has never seen one before to able to get a decent idea what was going on. You really explained it well!!!!!

I have been searching and watching youtube video's for the last 2hrs on the MPV2 and Vamo and some that compare them against each other. It seems from my findings one cant really go wrong either way. I am kind of leaning towards the MVP2 as it seems like a simpler product, dont need additional batteries and a charger. Plus it can be had for a fraction of the price when you figure batteries and charger into the mix. I could use the extra money for more liquid and/or more tanks to have some more options with. Plus I think after all the searching I have done if I decide to get something in a cylinder shape I would like to have the INNOKIN ITASTE 134, that thing seems sweet, but its a little out of my price range right now with starting from scratch!!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks madqatter, I was pretty sure I wouldnt 5 different Kanger Protanks for 5 different flavors. I wasnt sure though since the wick or whatever else is in there would be saturated with the previous flavor. Good to know I can slowly pick up a new tank or two when I place liquid orders till I get a supply.

Thanks for the info on the PG/VG stuff. I had seen it talked about but have ran into a few places searching for liquid that lets you adjust this to your liking and I wasnt to sure about it.

adding to madqatter comments:
pg=propylene glycol
vg=vegetable glycerin

one or the other or a combo of both
nicotine
flavoring
These are the ingredients that are in the ejuice.
Occasionally, some distilled water may be used to dilute the vg a little because it can be very thick. This only adds to produce more vapor, does not take away much, because only minute amts are used

Finding an ejuice to your liking my take a little time. You will find that once your taste buds start to awaken, your taste may change. What you liked last week may be gross this week. With that said, buy in sample size or no larger than a 10ml bottle. That way, if you don't like it(put it away in a dark cubbard for aging--you will be surprised how aging can improve on a flavor)you are not out much. If you do like it, then order bigger bottles.

And if you find you just really can't stand a flavor, someone here may. Taste is subjective. Same as foods. ECF has a pif(pay-it-forward) section, that we all can use to help someone less able to afford ejuice.

Hope this helps a little
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread