Hello and a Dire Request for Help (Something is Killing my Batteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symbiosis

Jan 21, 2010
WA
Thanks so much to everyone for their replies and support!

I wasn't sure what to expect in the form of replies to my post, so seeing these was really heart-warming today. Thank you all!

I'll make sure to take the time to respond to everyone individually when I can, but wanted to post now because a major storm is headed my way. My city experienced one of the worst storms it's ever seen on November 17th (I still have a large fir tree uprooted and leaning against the power lines in my backyard) and they've issued an alert for another storm beginning today and worsening greatly tomorrow. Thankfully, it doesn't look like it will be quite as severe as the last storm, but with the damage already done, it could be devastating.

I'm praying that I don't lose power (I have to sleep in an adjustable hospital bed, so I'd probably need to be hospitalized), but in case I do, I at least wanted to post something now thanking everyone and letting you all know that I didn't just disappear again like a total flakey loser.

Hopefully this post will prove unnecessary, but a big part of me is panicking horribly...

No matter what though, I'll be back as soon as I can, whether it's tomorrow after the storm passes or (can't even bear the thought of this) in a few days. Until then, I'm going to have to unplug my PC from the wall and will have no other means of getting online.

Jeez...I am a downer :(:)

Thanks again to all of you!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Thanks so much to everyone for their replies and support!

I wasn't sure what to expect in the form of replies to my post, so seeing these was really heart-warming today. Thank you all!

I'll make sure to take the time to respond to everyone individually when I can, but wanted to post now because a major storm is headed my way. My city experienced one of the worst storms it's ever seen on November 17th (I still have a large fir tree uprooted and leaning against the power lines in my backyard) and they've issued an alert for another storm beginning today and worsening greatly tomorrow. Thankfully, it doesn't look like it will be quite as severe as the last storm, but with the damage already done, it could be devastating.

I'm praying that I don't lose power (I have to sleep in an adjustable hospital bed, so I'd probably need to be hospitalized), but in case I do, I at least wanted to post something now thanking everyone and letting you all know that I didn't just disappear again like a total flakey loser.

Hopefully this post will prove unnecessary, but a big part of me is panicking horribly...

No matter what though, I'll be back as soon as I can, whether it's tomorrow after the storm passes or (can't even bear the thought of this) in a few days. Until then, I'm going to have to unplug my PC from the wall and will have no other means of getting online.

Jeez...I am a downer :(:)

Thanks again to all of you!
Symbiosis,

You ARE NOT a downer, OR a total flakey loser. You sound like a very brave person who is going through a lot.

We've all had tough times, and it's totally ok to vent! You're going through a lot.

I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way! :)

--Lady V

Symbiosis

Jan 21, 2010
WA
I survived and didn't lose power! Hurray!

I got good news on the homefront today too! It's not set in stone (and won't be until the final papers are signed), but it's looking pretty certain that all will be well by the end of the month! I'm too excited for words, so I'll let this guy speak for me:

3D_emoticon_196.gif

Once again, I'll reply to everyone who's been so kind to me in this thread as soon as I can, but it may be a couple more days. I have a million things to try to get in order now.

Thanks everyone!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I survived and didn't lose power! Hurray!

I got good news on the homefront today too! It's not set in stone (and won't be until the final papers are signed), but it's looking pretty certain that all will be well by the end of the month! I'm too excited for words, so I'll let this guy speak for me:

3D_emoticon_196.gif

Once again, I'll reply to everyone who's been so kind to me in this thread as soon as I can, but it may be a couple more days. I have a million things to try to get in order now.

Thanks everyone!
YESSSSS! Don't worry about us. You do YOU, Symbiosis. We'll be here when you get back. ;)

Oh so happy for you! :lol:

Symbiosis

Jan 21, 2010
WA
<----------Total Flakey Loser

So much for my promise in my last post…

I’ve been horribly stressed about just about everything (even though things are going well), so that’s an excuse I suppose.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate this time of year)!

3D_emoticon_87.gif

My home seems to be a done deal! It’s a Christmas miracle! Closing will be this week, I’m just waiting for the attorney’s office who’s handling it to call and set up an appointment time. I can’t take the waiting though…I’m a shaky mess (and will be until it’s all over).

I had another battery die on me today. :( It was almost brand new. Well, it was a year old, but I’d only used it on rare occasions up until my other batteries had their problems and I started this thread. It was perfect and hit like new.

I used it all day today, left for an hour to go grocery shopping, came home and it wouldn’t connect to any of my cartomizers. I thought that odd. Then I tried plugging it into a charger – the light just stayed green and it wouldn't register. I got really sad as I tried everything I could and nothing worked. It lights up properly (manual battery), but something happened while it was sitting there and now it won’t connect to anything. I’ve examined it and it’s fine. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I’m more grateful than ever to Rocco, K9Luvr and everyone else here now because I’m running out of batteries at a rapid rate.

K9Luvr,

I’m sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that with your home as well. Mine’s a different situation, but it amounts to the same thing: Having to live life not knowing if you have viable long-term shelter or not. It's a horrible feeling. I fully believed from the time my mom passed that I was doomed to lose this place (and didn’t really have anywhere to go or a way to get there if I did). I had no plans for after her passing, almost no money and no prospects. She was my life.

Through a series of what can only be described a miraculous events since her passing, I’m purchasing the home from a trust my mom left it to. I couldn’t have gone the home loan mod route because way too much is owed on this home and I would have needed an outrageous modification. A purchase allowed me access to programs for disabled first-time homebuyers and those, along with other (truly…I can’t stress it enough) miraculous events somehow ended up with me being able to keep the home I love. I’ll be near bankrupt, but I honestly don’t care. I couldn’t have handled losing this place.

The final catch now is that closing has to be completed by the end of the year, otherwise I’ll still end up losing it for reasons that are a bit too complicated to go into here. Thankfully, the trustee has already received his paperwork and everything is good to go there I believe. Though like I wrote above, I’m still waiting to hear from the closing attorney. That leaves four days, which in my mind feel like an eternity ahead of me.

I can’t help but feel that all of this is my mom looking out for me…the whole story is just incredible, to the point where it's truly changed some of my views on reality.

3D_emoticon_S422.gif

I’m incredibly glad to hear that your situation worked out. I’ve read too many sad stories online where banks took everything from people rather than work with them.

It would also seem that you’re the reason Rocco heard about my situation and why he has the things he’s going to send. So thank you for that, truly.

LadyVapentine,

Thanks for all the encouragement, but with all due respect, I can be a total downer and flakey loser; self-deprecation is also one of my specialties. :)

Thank you for the offer, but please believe me when I tell you that you probably don’t want me writing to vent to you. I can go on forever and my litany of woes seems never-ending. You’d never get any work done.

Ovarian cancer is evil. Well, all cancer is pretty darn evil, but ovarian receives very little attention and the signs aren’t well known or spotted by doctors in most cases until it’s too late. My mom was stage 3c by the time they finally did a CT scan. Her abdomen was swollen to the point where it looked like she was pregnant. I’ll never forget how surreal it was to hear the news… It some ways it never seemed real, even during the times when she was going through chemo. Even at the end. I thought my mom invincible and never imagined a life without her. I still can't, really.

I’ve been writing my own book about all of this for a little over a decade now, but the story keeps changing. It was originally supposed to be primarily about how I developed my neuromuscular problems (a prescription drug), but then my mom got cancer, had a major stroke and my ex-girlfriend of almost eight years left me for another guy. Litany. Of. Woes. Writing it got overwhelming (living it got overwhelming), so I’ve left my work mostly neglected for quite a few years.

I hope to get back to writing once my home is secure and I’ve had a little time to finally relax. I can’t get over how good it feels to be able to write/say “My home” and have it so close to being true. :)

Thanks for being around!

Chuck Parsons,

Glad to hear that this was a good read. Hopefully this post makes it even better. By the end of the year, it should be fantastic! Thanks for your post.

Everyone,

Thanks again for everything. Sorry that it took me so long to come back here again. I hope that my posts are a worthwhile read.

My next post should be absolutely fantastic. Unless some unforeseen horror climbs out of the shadows, of course. Until then, I'm trying my best to be like this guy:

3D_emoticon_187.gif

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: K9Luvr

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
One battery dying in an odd way is par for the course. Two batteries doing so in the exact same way in the course of a couple of days is more than coincidence.

NOT 4VL batteries, but I just got 2 kangertech evod batts like that from a sale.

The he batteries were probably sitting in inventory for a real long time and just no longer hold a charge for very long.

I've had a couple of eRoll PCCs (the older versions) that came out years ago and they are also not up to snuff.

A long shelf life will naturally diminish a battery's capacity. As will storing them at or over 86 degrees, etc.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
<----------Total Flakey Loser

So much for my promise in my last post…

I’ve been horribly stressed about just about everything (even though things are going well), so that’s an excuse I suppose.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate this time of year)!

3D_emoticon_87.gif

My home seems to be a done deal! It’s a Christmas miracle! Closing will be this week, I’m just waiting for the attorney’s office who’s handling it to call and set up an appointment time. I can’t take the waiting though…I’m a shaky mess (and will be until it’s all over).

I had another battery die on me today. :( It was almost brand new. Well, it was a year old, but I’d only used it on rare occasions up until my other batteries had their problems and I started this thread. It was perfect and hit like new.

I used it all day today, left for an hour to go grocery shopping, came home and it wouldn’t connect to any of my cartomizers. I thought that odd. Then I tried plugging it into a charger – the light just stayed green and it wouldn't register. I got really sad as I tried everything I could and nothing worked. It lights up properly (manual battery), but something happened while it was sitting there and now it won’t connect to anything. I’ve examined it and it’s fine. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I’m more grateful than ever to Rocco, K9Luvr and everyone else here now because I’m running out of batteries at a rapid rate.

K9Luvr,

I’m sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that with your home as well. Mine’s a different situation, but it amounts to the same thing: Having to live life not knowing if you have viable long-term shelter or not. It's a horrible feeling. I fully believed from the time my mom passed that I was doomed to lose this place (and didn’t really have anywhere to go or a way to get there if I did). I had no plans for after her passing, almost no money and no prospects. She was my life.

Through a series of what can only be described a miraculous events since her passing, I’m purchasing the home from a trust my mom left it to. I couldn’t have gone the home loan mod route because way too much is owed on this home and I would have needed an outrageous modification. A purchase allowed me access to programs for disabled first-time homebuyers and those, along with other (truly…I can’t stress it enough) miraculous events somehow ended up with me being able to keep the home I love. I’ll be near bankrupt, but I honestly don’t care. I couldn’t have handled losing this place.

The final catch now is that closing has to be completed by the end of the year, otherwise I’ll still end up losing it for reasons that are a bit too complicated to go into here. Thankfully, the trustee has already received his paperwork and everything is good to go there I believe. Though like I wrote above, I’m still waiting to hear from the closing attorney. That leaves four days, which in my mind feel like an eternity ahead of me.

I can’t help but feel that all of this is my mom looking out for me…the whole story is just incredible, to the point where it's truly changed some of my views on reality.

3D_emoticon_S422.gif

I’m incredibly glad to hear that your situation worked out. I’ve read too many sad stories online where banks took everything from people rather than work with them.

It would also seem that you’re the reason Rocco heard about my situation and why he has the things he’s going to send. So thank you for that, truly.

LadyVapentine,

Thanks for all the encouragement, but with all due respect, I can be a total downer and flakey loser; self-deprecation is also one of my specialties. :)

Thank you for the offer, but please believe me when I tell you that you probably don’t want me writing to vent to you. I can go on forever and my litany of woes seems never-ending. You’d never get any work done.

Ovarian cancer is evil. Well, all cancer is pretty darn evil, but ovarian receives very little attention and the signs aren’t well known or spotted by doctors in most cases until it’s too late. My mom was stage 3c by the time they finally did a CT scan. Her abdomen was swollen to the point where it looked like she was pregnant. I’ll never forget how surreal it was to hear the news… It some ways it never seemed real, even during the times when she was going through chemo. Even at the end. I thought my mom invincible and never imagined a life without her. I still can't, really.

I’ve been writing my own book about all of this for a little over a decade now, but the story keeps changing. It was originally supposed to be primarily about how I developed my neuromuscular problems (a prescription drug), but then my mom got cancer, had a major stroke and my ex-girlfriend of almost eight years left me for another guy. Litany. Of. Woes. Writing it got overwhelming (living it got overwhelming), so I’ve left my work mostly neglected for quite a few years.

I hope to get back to writing once my home is secure and I’ve had a little time to finally relax. I can’t get over how good it feels to be able to write/say “My home” and have it so close to being true. :)

Thanks for being around!

Chuck Parsons,

Glad to hear that this was a good read. Hopefully this post makes it even better. By the end of the year, it should be fantastic! Thanks for your post.

Everyone,

Thanks again for everything. Sorry that it took me so long to come back here again. I hope that my posts are a worthwhile read.

My next post should be absolutely fantastic. Unless some unforeseen horror climbs out of the shadows, of course. Until then, I'm trying my best to be like this guy:

3D_emoticon_187.gif

Thanks!
Symbiosis!
It's great to see that bouncing, happy smiley face at the bottom of this post. And it's great to read that things have gone well with YOUR home :D

I also really liked your holiday lights smiley! It warmed my heart.

It's great to hear that you're also a writer. I write in my spare time, and it's been really therapeutic over the years.
There's something about us writers/creative types, though. We feel everything so acutely.
I'm glad you have this community, and that things seem to be turning in a positive direction. I can relate, too, to the feeling of uneasiness that comes with feeling like things are getting betterer.

Here's to a joyous and promising 2016 to you! <3

Symbiosis

Jan 21, 2010
WA
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

3D_emoticon_100.gif

VERY HAPPY!

I GOT MY HOME!

3D_emoticon_79.gif
3D_emoticon_196.gif
3D_emoticon_187.gif

[Sorry to recycle these smileys, but sadly there are only so many extra-large super-happy 3D smileys out there (that I know of anyway). They speak volumes!]

After 21 months total of desperately clinging to hope, with over a year of actually working toward some way of actually accomplishing this, only to hit dead end after dead end, it finally happened! I even gave up all hope back in July and began seriously looking at other living options in August. To my horror, they were non-existent for someone in my position. Apartments were too expensive and not amenable to my disabilities; homes I could afford were incredibly sub-par; roommates are always crazy. Moving would have been impossible - I can hardly clean, let alone pack. I felt like a trapped rodent, scratching at the walls.

Then, on top of some other miraculous things that happened (long stories), I learned of two programs in my state to help disabled people buy a home.

This was followed by three final, dogged months of doing nothing but signing papers, drafting documents (I had no Realtor or attorney to help), stressing, praying, freaking out, signing more papers and, worst of all, waiting. The waiting was the worst part. It not only let the demons in, but the longer things went on, the worse my position became had the process completely fallen apart, which it almost did in mid-November and could have at almost any time due to how complicated it was.

After all this, I got a simple call from an attorney's office and made an appointment. I signed the final papers last Tuesday, which was so nerve-wracking I had to take extra medication just to calm myself enough to make it there and get through it without completely falling apart. The final signing was surreal in that it was just me sitting at a desk being told to "Sign here, initial there, etc..." for about 45 (admittedly-kinda-loopy) minutes. That was it - an informal and oddly anticlimactic ending to one of the most harrowing ordeals of my life.

My loan officer called at 5:30 on Wednesday and told me that everything was done and recorded as of about 4 p.m that day. The house was officially mine, with an affordable mortgage! Reasonably, anyway; I'm poor. And in debt now because I own a home. We spoke for about an hour, then I called a couple of people to let them know, but it hadn't sunk in...at all.

Then, at around 10 p.m., my whole world changed. I think my head exploded. I paced around my house, singing "I bought my house, I own my house, etc..." to the tune of "Three Blind Mice" for hours like a complete manic psycho. I used my sink in my kitchen and I used my toilet in my bathroom :). I was up until 7 or 8 in the morning, completely clueless as to what to do with myself.

Now it seems like a dream. I think I'm in shock. It doesn't feel real anymore. It's too good to be true. I think that will take some time...

Given how many things had to happen exactly as they did in order for me to own this home, at least now I know that someone's looking out for me:
3D_emoticon_218.gif

Thanks for reading this! I had to share!

Racehorse,

Thanks!

I should actually consider myself lucky. The two batteries that died were well over a year old and one was at least a few months older than the other. The timing stunk for both of them to go though.

What bothers me more is that a much newer battery died suddenly and completely one day more recently. It probably had a short or something in it all along, but I had it in storage for a long time and only used it once a month or so. The battery life on it was still excellent when it committed suicide. Sad. :(

Right now, I'm left using the two "dead" batteries, along with another that I retired a long time ago and just charging them all frequently enough that they get me through the day.

Thanks to the nice people here, that should be changing soon though!
3D_emoticon_185.gif
3D_emoticon_S182.gif

LadyVapentine,

Now that everything's done, your emphasis on "YOUR home" is even more appreciated (and apropos).

I'm glad you liked the smileys! I have access of tons of smileys from back when I ran a forum of my own. Perhaps I'll try to find a way to get the administrators of this site to add some of them here, 'cause they're pretty awesome. These particular ones are from www.lifeshore.com and are the best I've found.

3D_emoticon_S144.gif

It's nice to meet another writer. It's always been my passion, though over the years I have to sadly say that it brings me less catharsis than it once did. Life just keeps (kept, hopefully) getting in the way. I've started too many books only to leave them languishing in literary limbo. I hope that I'll be able to resurrect them one day, unless, of course, MY house caves in on me. In which case, at least it will have been mine...sorta, anyway, 'cause it's actually banks and lenders who own most of the homes in America; everyone else just pays to live in, decorate and fill them up with stuff.

Thank you!

3D_emoticon_S126.gif

To a wonderful New Year to you and everyone else here! I hope that it's fantastic!

Last edited:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
This was some of the best New Year's news I've gotten so far! YOUR home! YOUR home! YOUR home! SHOUT IT FROM YOURRRRRR ROOFTOP!
Feel free to pm me about writing or vaping anytime! I'd love to see some of your stuff.

In the meantime, enjoy the new year.

And thanks for the smileys! Though I can't figure out how to get them to appear in a post! AAAAAH!

Well, we'll just have to use our imagination (HAPPY BALLERINA SMILEY)

--LadyV
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

3D_emoticon_100.gif

VERY HAPPY!

I GOT MY HOME!

3D_emoticon_79.gif
3D_emoticon_196.gif
3D_emoticon_187.gif

[Sorry to recycle these smileys, but sadly there are only so many extra-large super-happy 3D smileys out there (that I know of anyway). They speak volumes!]

After 21 months total of desperately clinging to hope, with over a year of actually working toward some way of actually accomplishing this, only to hit dead end after dead end, it finally happened! I even gave up all hope back in July and began seriously looking at other living options in August. To my horror, they were non-existent for someone in my position. Apartments were too expensive and not amenable to my disabilities; homes I could afford were incredibly sub-par; roommates are always crazy. Moving would have been impossible - I can hardly clean, let alone pack. I felt like a trapped rodent, scratching at the walls.

Then, on top of some other miraculous things that happened (long stories), I learned of two programs in my state to help disabled people buy a home.

This was followed by three final, dogged months of doing nothing but signing papers, drafting documents (I had no Realtor or attorney to help), stressing, praying, freaking out, signing more papers and, worst of all, waiting. The waiting was the worst part. It not only let the demons in, but the longer things went on, the worse my position became had the process completely fallen apart, which it almost did in mid-November and could have at almost any time due to how complicated it was.

After all this, I got a simple call from an attorney's office and made an appointment. I signed the final papers last Tuesday, which was so nerve-wracking I had to take extra medication just to calm myself enough to make it there and get through it without completely falling apart. The final signing was surreal in that it was just me sitting at a desk being told to "Sign here, initial there, etc..." for about 45 (admittedly-kinda-loopy) minutes. That was it - an informal and oddly anticlimactic ending to one of the most harrowing ordeals of my life.

My loan officer called at 5:30 on Wednesday and told me that everything was done and recorded as of about 4 p.m that day. The house was officially mine, with an affordable mortgage! Reasonably, anyway; I'm poor. And in debt now because I own a home. We spoke for about an hour, then I called a couple of people to let them know, but it hadn't sunk in...at all.

Then, at around 10 p.m., my whole world changed. I think my head exploded. I paced around my house, singing "I bought my house, I own my house, etc..." to the tune of "Three Blind Mice" for hours like a complete manic psycho. I used my sink in my kitchen and I used my toilet in my bathroom :). I was up until 7 or 8 in the morning, completely clueless as to what to do with myself.

Now it seems like a dream. I think I'm in shock. It doesn't feel real anymore. It's too good to be true. I think that will take some time...

Given how many things had to happen exactly as they did in order for me to own this home, at least now I know that someone's looking out for me:
3D_emoticon_218.gif

Thanks for reading this! I had to share!

Racehorse,

Thanks!

I should actually consider myself lucky. The two batteries that died were well over a year old and one was at least a few months older than the other. The timing stunk for both of them to go though.

What bothers me more is that a much newer battery died suddenly and completely one day more recently. It probably had a short or something in it all along, but I had it in storage for a long time and only used it once a month or so. The battery life on it was still excellent when it committed suicide. Sad. :(

Right now, I'm left using the two "dead" batteries, along with another that I retired a long time ago and just charging them all frequently enough that they get me through the day.

Thanks to the nice people here, that should be changing soon though!
3D_emoticon_185.gif
3D_emoticon_S182.gif

LadyVapentine,

Now that everything's done, your emphasis on "YOUR home" is even more appreciated (and apropos).

I'm glad you liked the smileys! I have access of tons of smileys from back when I ran a forum of my own. Perhaps I'll try to find a way to get the administrators of this site to add some of them here, 'cause they're pretty awesome. These particular ones are from www.lifeshore.com and are the best I've found.

3D_emoticon_S144.gif

It's nice to meet another writer. It's always been my passion, though over the years I have to sadly say that it brings me less catharsis than it once did. Life just keeps (kept, hopefully) getting in the way. I've started too many books only to leave them languishing in literary limbo. I hope that I'll be able to resurrect them one day, unless, of course, MY house caves in on me. In which case, at least it will have been mine...sorta, anyway, 'cause it's actually banks and lenders who own most of the homes in America; everyone else just pays to live in, decorate and fill them up with stuff.

Thank you!

3D_emoticon_S126.gif

To a wonderful New Year to you and everyone else here! I hope that it's fantastic!

Rob Bacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2015
Spokane, Washington
I was reading your posts, and I noticed you said something about a bad storm on Nov 17th. I too am from that same area (assuming you are) of Eastern Washington. If you still need help with vaping supplies i am willing to help if i can. I have a couple of mods I can part with. Just let me know. One is a Innokin cool fire 4, and I have a Cloupor mini single 18650. Either one you want its yours. I also have a few tanks (with coils)
If you need. I am new to the world of vaping but willing to help if i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread