• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hello!! And I need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennsem

Jan 22, 2015
Pelangi
its great that you've solved the coil and cotton issue..
Spitting is a common occurrence but too much spitting you'll get too much juice in your mouth.. Naahh its not gonna kill you or make you sick, it'll only burn your tongue.. LOL

surely but surely you'll get it all sorted out my friend.. your at a stage where you are finding out what works for you..

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
im using the D2 too previously i easily get dry hits and cotton burnt especially when chain vaping while using a horizontal coil, then i got lazy and tried the free OCC in the box, i realised using the OCC, i dont get dry hits, much much less spitting and inhaling feels smoother (maybe cos the air hole is not blocked) so after i used up the OCC that i was using, i was looking ard youtube on how to rebuild the OCC, then i came across vertical coil builds for the STM. Tried it and i loving it so far.... no dry hits, no spit coming up the only time i burnt cotton was when i set the temp too high in joule mode using kanthal =P (itchy backside) maybe you can try it too
a5760e82abde1ef88ab6ba979ee4ca9f.jpg

eb93bc399c7f4cb3892de91dda4a3913.jpg

baba nana

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
I tried removing the top and bottom piece of the cotton and i've solved the weird taste.

I finally got my hands on the nickel wire but I've also read that heating up nickel aint good for our health so im in a dilemma now. To nickel or not to nickel :(

From what i know, nickel and titanium is meant for tc mode.. normal wattage mode cant be used right?

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
im using the D2 too previously i easily get dry hits and cotton burnt especially when chain vaping while using a horizontal coil, then i got lazy and tried the free OCC in the box, i realised using the OCC, i dont get dry hits, much much less spitting and inhaling feels smoother (maybe cos the air hole is not blocked) so after i used up the OCC that i was using, i was looking ard youtube on how to rebuild the OCC, then i came across vertical coil builds for the STM. Tried it and i loving it so far.... no dry hits, no spit coming up the only time i burnt cotton was when i set the temp too high in joule mode using kanthal =P (itchy backside) maybe you can try it too
a5760e82abde1ef88ab6ba979ee4ca9f.jpg

eb93bc399c7f4cb3892de91dda4a3913.jpg

How did you manage to wick that? i wanna try a vertical coil in my subtank mini, but can't figure out a wicking method. :/

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
How did you manage to wick that? i wanna try a vertical coil in my subtank mini, but can't figure out a wicking method. :/
You got to cut a tiny strip of cotton and wrap it ard the coil first, then you just stuff the left and right sides =)

tell you what, when i get back to the STM, ill post up a pictorial guide (if it may still be required). right now im testing (and loving) the goblin mini..... =p

in the mean time, check these videos out, i learned from them:

Last edited:
Reactions: Minzy

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
You got to cut a tiny strip of cotton and wrap it ard the coil first, then you just stuff the left and right sides =)

tell you what, when i get back to the STM, ill post up a pictorial guide (if it may still be required). right now im testing (and loving) the goblin mini..... =p

in the mean time, check these videos out, i learned from them:

Thanks man. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread