Hello and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevardool

Jun 21, 2017
Hello all, i use reddit for video game info and what not and tried it for the ecig community for help but got barely any good replies there, found this forum yesterday and it looks to be way more supportive and friendly.

So I have been wanting to get into vaping for a while now but never put too much thought into it. My bday is coming up and suddenly i really wanted to buy one so here i am :)

My experience smoking is purely from hookahs. i love the huge clouds, smooth hits, and the little flavor was good. used to smoke daily and the tricks are always fun to do. i cant stand smoking regular cigs, so i know i want 0 nicotine juice and around 70-max vg juice and direct to lung but thats kinda about it.

Battery mods seem a bit more complicated to deal with so unless convinced i think i would prefer a built in mod.

I would rather not build my own stuff, maybe way down the line but im just starting. also theres no local vape shops near by and i travel a bit. only one near me right now is vaporfi. they werent much help.

Is there any kit, or mod and tank combo that you can suggest that will be like a hookah? i would prefer to pay under $50 but its not limited at that. def nothing over 100.

what i have seen or been suggested to:
innokin coolfire 4 TC 100W with isub 5 (kit)
smoant battlestar
Herakles Plus sub-ohm
uwell crown 1/3/
cleito 120
voopoo drag
tobeco super tank mini

p.s. whats with these names, most mod/tank/juice names are just weird lol

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
....only one near me right now is Vaporfi. they weren't much help.

WOW! You dodged a bullet there, I tell you. :eek:

For those that don't know (and I can even say this from 3,500 miles away) you certainly don't want to get involved with that brand.

Off your list.... um.....

I love the Battlestar.
Don't get a mod with an inbuilt battery unless there's a specific justification.
iSub (Innokin) are not that great - the Eleaf tanks with the 0.3/0.5 atomizers are better.
Personally, I wouldn't waste :2c: on anything by Smok.
(They were bottom for reliability 2013-2015) and whilst they are better I think nearly half a million hits on Google about broken/malfunctioning/problem mods tells us it's a gamble.
The Pico is well-liked. Early ones are beginning to play up.
Uwell Crown 1 is a nice tank. Never bothered with the 2.
I've never heard of Voopoo so they must be new or totally under the radar. Ignore reviews on their products until the community has had a chance. Do not trust fake review sites.

Yes... most importantly. DO NOT trust the review sites.
Spinfuel and Vaping360 (for example) are not in it for the us, the vapers. They are in it for the $$$$
Self-appointed 'experts' in Vaping who are just experts in siphoning money.
Some elements of the industry (marketing, reviews etc.) are deeply untrustworthy.

Personally, today... I would buy a nice mod with an independent battery and a tank that takes the Eleaf EC heads.

(for example, sat next to me is a Smoant Battlestar and an iJust S tank)....

Last edited:

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
DJSvapour has good advice in his/her post.

If you need more convincing....buy a mod with independant batteries or be prepared to toss it when the internal battery dies, which they all eventually do.

If that's not enough....all the best mods have independant batteries. (that should do it for you)

A mod is a mod is a mod....almost. DJS is right about Smok, I've been reading about too many quality issues with their mods to recommend them. Had my own issue with having to return a mod to them, which happens, but after reading many others complaining about similar problems lately I now have to wonder.

As long as you go for a normal popular mod you won't be disappointed. You can spend more and get ones with fancy options and special firm ware in them but I don't see the point, especially when just starting out. Get at least a 75 to 80 watt mod with full temp control options including for SS. My decisions on a mod after satisfying these requirements more often come down to size, weight, and number of batteries.

The atomizer is the more important purchase as they all perform a bit differently and some better than others. A suggestion, even if you don't now want to build go with an atty that at least gives you that option or you may find you will stop using it when the premade coils get hard to find. To the Tobeco & Crown 1 tanks I'd add the Aromamizer, Lemo 3, Baby Beast, Billow, and Theorem (the BB has the least flavor prod'n of those listed but the bigger clouds).

Reactions: djsvapour

Nevardool

Jun 21, 2017
Thank you for the awesome responses. did i mention a Smok product by chance? but good to know anyhow. my biggest fear is to buy something and it hits too hot or something like that. my buddy is also looking for stuff so everything i learn i push off to him :p

well thats two of you that have mentioned the pico so i will look into it and all the tanks that you mentioned too.

Smoke_too_much, any mods you know of by chance? like i said, im new so dont really know whats popular by vapors and popular by fake reviewers :p

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I must be the luckiest Smok customer in the world! Out of:

1 G-Priv
1 Alien
1 AL85
1 Stick V8
2 Baby Beasts
2 Big Baby Beasts
1 TFV4
2 TFV4 mini's
1 TFV8
1 TF RTA G2
And a GX2/4 is on my next purchase list when "my" color is available (BTW, :thumb: from DJS in dual mode)
With 8 other mods, 5 other tanks, and 5 other RTA's and drippers there is reasonable, yet limited comparison.

I have yet to experience any problems what-so-ever with any of it I would consider defective. Like every other maker, they may put out some bad stuff (the 350 comes to mind), but I personally don't avoid a brand for that. In spite of Sigelei's 213 mess, I still picked up their Kaos Spectrum and am really liking it.

I just want to point out to op that there are a ton of options out there to wade through and good on you for doing that. But eliminating a brand, any brand based on limited information might not be in your best interest. Specific models for your specific wants/needs? Yes.

Welcome and good luck.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello all
My experience smoking is purely from hookahs. i love the huge clouds, smooth hits, and the little flavor was good. used to smoke daily and the tricks are always fun to do. i cant stand smoking regular cigs, so i know i want 0 nicotine juice and around 70-max vg juice and direct to lung but thats kinda about it.
Battery mods seem a bit more complicated to deal with so unless convinced i think i would prefer a built in mod.
I would rather not build my own stuff, maybe way down the line but im just starting. also theres no local vape shops near by and i travel a bit. only one near me right now is vaporfi. they werent much help.
Is there any kit, or mod and tank combo that you can suggest that will be like a hookah? i would prefer to pay under $50 but its not limited at that. def nothing over 100.
what i have seen or been suggested to:
innokin coolfire 4 TC 100W with isub 5 (kit)
smoant battlestar
Herakles Plus sub-ohm
uwell crown 1/3/
cleito 120
voopoo drag
tobeco super tank mini
p.s. whats with these names, most mod/tank/juice names are just weird lol
Welcome and glad you joined.
Need a cloud machine with fill it up and vape. I' too am impressed with Joyetech ATOPACK PENGUIN, seems to have your name on it. No fiddling just fill and giant clouds.
Might like to read:
Joyetech Penguin

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The eleaf pico is looking really good. Thinking of going with that. It's going for $27 on vapenw. Is that tank that comes with it good too or should I get something else. Their tank in the kit adds $10
For $10 I'd get the tank. Is it the small version of the Melo III? It's OK... not the best, but nicely usable.
There are a good few batteries fighting to be the top battery.
I have LGs (yellow and chocolate), Samsung (30Q) and some Sony. To me, there's very little difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread