Hello.Back with another question about mixing liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
Hello.So I just got the Coil Of Duty Star liquid.I bought it here https://www.spaceinvapers.co.uk/product/coil-duty-star-40ml/.The liquid is m/eant to be on 3mg/ml or 3.6mg/ml.So i order 4 bottles each one has 40 ml of liquid in a bottle of 50ml.What would happen If 3 of the bottles I put inside a big bottle and drop inside 4 nic shots of 18mg/ml to make it 6mg/ml?Would it affects a lot the flavour?Cus it's a very flavoured liquid and vaping it on valyrian i can feel the flavour a lot as it is without nicotine.Help please.Thanks

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
I'm assuming you're talking about EU sized 10 ml nicotine shots at 18 mg/ml nicotine.

By my calculations, and I may be wrong:
adding 4 x 10 ml (18 mg/ml) nicotine shots to 120 ml flavoured liquid (resulting in 160 ml total liquid) will give you a nicotine strength of 4.5 mg/ml;
adding 3 x 10 ml (18 mg/ml) nicotine shots to 120 ml flavoured liquid (resulting in 150 ml total liquid) will give you a nicotine strength of 3.6 mg/ml.

Adding the nicotine shots will dilute the flavour of your liquid, resulting in a weaker flavour, and will also change the PG/VG ratio of your liquid depending on whether your nicotine shots are PG or VG based.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It will affect the flavor, I'm not sure how much. According to some folks, nicotine is a bit of a flavor masker, but I'm not sure at 3.6 mg/ml that the nic itself is going to be a huge effect. With that said, you will be adding liquid and nicotine to your flavorings, so certainly, the flavorings should dilute a bit. Just exactly how much will depend on a lot of things.

With that said, if you still find the flavor to high with the addition of nicotine, you could add more VG or PG (or both, depending on your flavor ratio) and if it winds up needing serious dilution, you could then bump it up again with some more nicotine.

I'd advise doing that with an e-juice calculator if you get into that type of situation but the nice thing will be, if your flavor is way too strong, you CAN dilute it cheaply, safely, and precisely (with the use of a juice calculator) and if you like the flavor once it's less strong, you will have obtained more flavoring for less $$ overall and you'll also start getting a sense (using an e-juice calculator) of how easy DIY is, and it's often less expensive (though, not sure about the UK and all that.)

Best of luck,

Anna

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
It will affect the flavor, I'm not sure how much. According to some folks, nicotine is a bit of a flavor masker, but I'm not sure at 3.6 mg/ml that the nic itself is going to be a huge effect. With that said, you will be adding liquid and nicotine to your flavorings, so certainly, the flavorings should dilute a bit. Just exactly how much will depend on a lot of things.

With that said, if you still find the flavor to high with the addition of nicotine, you could add more VG or PG (or both, depending on your flavor ratio) and if it winds up needing serious dilution, you could then bump it up again with some more nicotine.

I'd advise doing that with an e-juice calculator if you get into that type of situation but the nice thing will be, if your flavor is way too strong, you CAN dilute it cheaply, safely, and precisely (with the use of a juice calculator) and if you like the flavor once it's less strong, you will have obtained more flavoring for less $$ overall and you'll also start getting a sense (using an e-juice calculator) of how easy DIY is, and it's often less expensive (though, not sure about the UK and all that.)

Best of luck,

Anna
Well the nic shot i am going to add will be 18mg/ml 100% vg.And I never diluted an e liquid so i have no idea how it works really....Anyway thanks for you answer :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, but you are adding it to a liquid amount that should give you 3.6 or 4.5 mg/ml if you do it as described above in this thread. VG may help with overflavoring, since PG is more of a flavor carrier, so maybe it's good that you got your nic shot in VG-- what will your overall percentage be, or rather, what is it now?

The point is, it doesn't matter if the nic you are adding is at 18 mg/ml, if you do it correctly and please read the post above that tells you how to do that again if you are unclear, but you will END UP with 3.6 or 4.5 mg/ml, which is a fairly low nicotine percentage--- the nicotine will be diluted into the flavor.

Please understand how it works, or if you don't, ask more questions until you do.

My point is that IF you do the nic shot at the APPROPRIATE amount for the VOLUME of your 0 nic e-juice, you will end up with that lower percentage, even if you are starting out at 18 mg/ml, because it will get diluted by the MUCH higher volume of 0 nic flavoring.

I hope that makes sense. Once you try the eliquid WITH that flavor, there are going to be things you can do to a) dilute the flavor more if needed and b) add more nicotine as needed to maintain your 3.6 or 4.5 nic percentage, but I don't think you need to worry about that yet. Again, if you DO need to do that, you will need a good e-juice calculator, but it is totally doable.

Best of luck,

Anna

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
Nicotine apparently does not mix well in 100% VG - experienced people advise shaking the holy hell out of it before mixing. However, as you will presumably be adding whole bottles of nicotine shots this is less of a problem for you. I would still advise giving your final mixture a *very* good shake.

The extra VG added to your flavoured liquid from the nicotine shot/s will make your final liquid thicker, which should not be any problem at all with your sub-ohm tank and may also make it less likely to leak. VG also has a slightly sweet taste.

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
I'm assuming you're talking about EU sized 10 ml nicotine shots at 18 mg/ml nicotine.

By my calculations, and I may be wrong:
adding 4 x 10 ml (18 mg/ml) nicotine shots to 120 ml flavoured liquid (resulting in 160 ml total liquid) will give you a nicotine strength of 4.5 mg/ml;
adding 3 x 10 ml (18 mg/ml) nicotine shots to 120 ml flavoured liquid (resulting in 150 ml total liquid) will give you a nicotine strength of 3.6 mg/ml.

Adding the nicotine shots will dilute the flavour of your liquid, resulting in a weaker flavour, and will also change the PG/VG ratio of your liquid depending on whether your nicotine shots are PG or VG based.
Oh okay thank you i probably made bad calculations.I assume i need to add 4 bottle of nic to 80 ml liquid instead of 120.Thank you

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello.So I just got the Coil Of Duty Star liquid.I bought it here https://www.spaceinvapers.co.uk/product/coil-duty-star-40ml/.The liquid is m/eant to be on 3mg/ml or 3.6mg/ml.So i order 4 bottles each one has 40 ml of liquid in a bottle of 50ml.What would happen If 3 of the bottles I put inside a big bottle and drop inside 4 nic shots of 18mg/ml to make it 6mg/ml?Would it affects a lot the flavour?Cus it's a very flavoured liquid and vaping it on valyrian i can feel the flavour a lot as it is without nicotine.Help please.Thanks

The juice is OVER flavoured by 20%.

"This is 40ml of juice in a 50ml bottle, and must be used with a Digicig Neutral Base (even if you’re using 0mg of nicotine)."

Or to put it another way, you MUST add 20% more (by volume) diluent to the mixture for it to be "correct" and ready to vape.

cheers
I

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I am marginally annoyed with this company, in truth.

"This liquid must be mixed... " is not quite the right expression. It is over-flavoured (% wise) and needs diluting with 10ml extra unflavoured liquid to taste right (as they intend). You could dilute it with plain PG or VG which is certainly NOT 99p for 10ml. They are being naughty.

My VG is 10p for 10ml. 99p is not right for plain liquid. Obviously if you want the Nicotine, you may as well buy it for 99p but most vapers would do well to buy 250/500ml of VG if they vape zero nicotine.

Rant over. Only a small thing but needs to be said.

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
I am marginally annoyed with this company, in truth.

"This liquid must be mixed... " is not quite the right expression. It is over-flavoured (% wise) and needs diluting with 10ml extra unflavoured liquid to taste right (as they intend). You could dilute it with plain PG or VG which is certainly NOT 99p for 10ml. They are being naughty.

My VG is 10p for 10ml. 99p is not right for plain liquid. Obviously if you want the Nicotine, you may as well buy it for 99p but most vapers would do well to buy 250/500ml of VG if they vape zero nicotine.

Rant over. Only a small thing but needs to be said.
So when I dilute it with a 10 ml 18mg/ml 100% VG it should taste less flavoured right?I tried it like it is without diluting it and its very sweet.Thanks for your answer

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
And would It weaken the flavour if i add 50vg/50pg nicshot?cus in my country thats the only available at the moment
I think 50/50 should suit most situations.
Darkstar sell 4 varieties of Nic shots. Enough choices to get your liquid close enough to what you want.
I think they cost £15.99 for 10 x 10ml. Worth getting if you buy a lot of 'short fill' e-liquids.

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
I think 50/50 should suit most situations.
Darkstar sell 4 varieties of Nic shots. Enough choices to get your liquid close enough to what you want.
I think they cost £15.99 for 10 x 10ml. Worth getting if you buy a lot of 'short fill' e-liquids.
I need to check if they are authorized ti ship in my country.. Anyway thanks for the reply :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I need to check if they are authorized ti ship in my country.. Anyway thanks for the reply :)

I thought you were in the UK like me. We've got to stick together @Dekard

I use Darkstar for all sorts of mixing stuff. Their VG is spot on... much better than the general VG from pharmacies etc. They also do 30ml of flavours. This week, I've been vaping the one shot 'Apollo' flavour... not quite as good as 'Fantastic' from Chef's Flavours in Cardiff. That stuff is awesome... I don't even like orange much either. :thumb:

• Informative
Reactions: Richard-D

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
I thought you were in the UK like me. We've got to stick together @Dekard

I use Darkstar for all sorts of mixing stuff. Their VG is spot on... much better than the general VG from pharmacies etc. They also do 30ml of flavours. This week, I've been vaping the one shot 'Apollo' flavour... not quite as good as 'Fantastic' from Chef's Flavours in Cardiff. That stuff is awesome... I don't even like orange much either. :thumb:
Sadly I am from a country where vaping is something like UFO and ppl dont have an idea about It.I tried a lot of flavours and I was always dissapointed.MBV bestsellers Hawk Sauce or Cinnamon Roll didnt liked them at all.The only flavour that got me is the Coil of Duty Star that is really awesome in my opinion and at the moment is 6.99£ on spaceinvapers

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
Yes, it will taste less flavoured when you add one of your 100% VG nicotine shots to it.
Yes, it will taste less flavoured when you add one of your 100% VG nicotine shots to it.
And what would be the difference if I add 50vg/50pg nicshot instead of 100% VG?

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread