Hello! Can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
there are SOOO MANY confusing things to consider here.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might try to learn the ABC's by reading the information below. The information below may answer some of your questions. Could try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post, by typing in "pass through batteries".
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: KC0YNU

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
What ever you get will be fine. I can probably list 100 companies you never heard any complaints about... also never heard of them at all though. $180 tanks, Taifun GT iii, Kayfun V5 with all the available spare parts, Skyline with all the plugs etc... asmodus makes a $4000 24k gold mod :)

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What ever you get will be fine. I can probably list 100 companies you never heard any complaints about... also never heard of them at all though. $180 tanks, Taifun GT iii, Kayfun V5 with all the available spare parts, Skyline with all the plugs etc... asmodus makes a $4000 24k gold mod :)
The Asmodus is to go with your 18k gold Rolex ;-)

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't see it anymore, it was like the $1,200 hand engraved one. May have only been solid 18k gold lol.
I looked at that engraved one, pretty sharp. And had to slap myself! I can somehow justify 5 GX2/4's all in different colors, backups to backups ya know, but that's a whole different ballgame. Not going there. (notta now anyway;-) )

Reactions: Letitia

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm curious as to why not.

Honestly.
Just my preference.
I prefer a smaller, lighter device. It fits better with my usage and lifestyle.
If I need the extra battery life, I'll carry spares.

Many new users want small, easy and portable (like a pack of smokes).
Something that slips into the pocket or purse and is durable and reliable, seems be a common requirement.

Cheers
I

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I'm kinda new to all this, but got talked into a two battery mod (SMOK T-Priv) for a backup for my Kanger topbox. I was kinda complaining about battery time. I also bought a charger and spare batteries. So now I've got my T-Priv more for around the house or take it out if I want to show off. The highlite lites are really cool. But I would normally use the Kanger for travelling since it easily sits in my pocket.

It's kind of like choosing a putter or a handgun. Keep trying until you get what you like.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm kinda new to all this, but got talked into a two battery mod (SMOK T-Priv) for a backup for my Kanger topbox. I was kinda complaining about battery time. I also bought a charger and spare batteries. So now I've got my T-Priv more for around the house or take it out if I want to show off. The highlite lites are really cool. But I would normally use the Kanger for travelling since it easily sits in my pocket.

It's kind of like choosing a putter or a handgun. Keep trying until you get what you like.

Enjoy your new purchase! What batteries and charger did you get?

Reactions: Letitia

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I bought Efrest 3000mAh batteries and then cheaped out and bought a charger from Amazon. The Efrest seem to last a long time even with the lights on the T-Priv so I think I'll buy a couple more of them. I also have an Amazon wall charger connected next to my couch potato recliner which works pretty well with the Kanger. Having a backup really seems to be working pretty well. Even though, I have this nagging feeling I need another backup for my backup.

finneusanglesmith

Aug 7, 2017
hey guys!

SO, i went a couple of vape shops, found one with a BUNCH of people in it, talked to them all, a few even let me try thier mods out. they were having a sale, And i wound up with a smok lol.

got the alien 220, 4 batteries and a 4 slot charger for a 100 bucks. i think i did good.

Any reccomendations for juice brands? I like things that taste blue.

OH! also, do i need to discharge these 18650's all the way before i charge them? like my rc batteries? Or can i just put them on to charge whenever?

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I'm curious as to why not.

Honestly.

yeah... why not?

Just my preference.
I prefer a smaller, lighter device. It fits better with my usage and lifestyle.
If I need the extra battery life, I'll carry spares.

Many new users want small, easy and portable (like a pack of smokes).
Something that slips into the pocket or purse and is durable and reliable, seems be a common requirement.

Cheers
I
I don't like the size of multi battery devices. I have smaller hands and repetitive movement injuries/chronic pain from my work. I prefer something lighter and easier to hold, started out with picos and mostly use a Jac Vapour Series B now. It's nice and slim and light. Not necessarily what I would recommend to the OP, but it definitely works for me.

I love this :thumb:

hey guys!

SO, i went a couple of vape shops, found one with a BUNCH of people in it, talked to them all, a few even let me try thier mods out. they were having a sale, And i wound up with a smok lol.

got the alien 220, 4 batteries and a 4 slot charger for a 100 bucks. i think i did good.

Any reccomendations for juice brands? I like things that taste blue.

OH! also, do i need to discharge these 18650's all the way before i charge them? like my rc batteries? Or can i just put them on to charge whenever?
All the batteries that I have received have been at about half capacity for storage and I've just put them directly on the charger. In the name of safety please always carry and store batteries in an appropriate case or sleeve. Sorry, no juice recommendations since I DIY. I like things that taste purple myself ;) Hope you are enjoying your new gear!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I bought Efrest 3000mAh batteries and then cheaped out and bought a charger from Amazon. The Efrest seem to last a long time even with the lights on the T-Priv so I think I'll buy a couple more of them. I also have an Amazon wall charger connected next to my couch potato recliner which works pretty well with the Kanger. Having a backup really seems to be working pretty well. Even though, I have this nagging feeling I need another backup for my backup.

If you stay with low wattage the Efests might be OK. The problem with Efest is their rewrapped batteries and you're never sure what battery it really is and what its rating is. Best to go with one of the batteries from LG, Sony, and Samsung that are reliable. Also, lots of counterfeits out there so only purchase through trusted vendors. Here's Mooch's battery chart. At the bottom are some of the trusted battery vendors to purchase from.
Battery Chart.jpeg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I charge my new batteries to full capacity before using. I think that's recommended, but I have on occasion (in need to vape) used the odd tube mod with internal battery that was charged to 2/3 (so the store owner said) due to breaking some batteries irretrievably in the past and being in a hurry to get back to vaping. I was still dual using back then though, and didn't know much about vaping generally other than what I was told at the vape shop, LOL, so that may have been a mistake...

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I charge my new batteries to full capacity before using. I think that's recommended, but I have on occasion (in need to vape) used the odd tube mod with internal battery that was charged to 2/3 (so the store owner said) due to breaking some batteries irretrievably in the past and being in a hurry to get back to vaping. I was still dual using back then though, and didn't know much about vaping generally other than what I was told at the vape shop, LOL, so that may have been a mistake...

Anna
I'm lucky whenever i buy batteries they're already full charged out of the box :p (mainly because they charge them before selling them i supose)

finneusanglesmith

Aug 7, 2017
I really like this thing. (Althought the first hit had me coughing for 20 minutes lol)
had to get used to it.

Only thing is it burns through juice really fast.
Any thoughts for a tank that doesnt burn so much?
it would be great if i could get 4 ml to last all day instead of just my drive to work lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread