Hello E-cigarette Forum! I have a couple questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Walker

Jul 31, 2017
Hi guys,

It's great to finally be on here after vaping for a few months and browsing through this forum, I thought I best sign up.

So I have the Smok Alien 220W, TFV8 Baby Beast tank and T8 0.5ohm coil. I have had this mod since May and it's the best thing I have ever done, not touched a cig in a long time! I really love vaping and the whole community and culture around it. I'm always looking at reviews of the latest mods, buying bigger tanks and just overall looking to improve my vaping experience.

Now I'm getting more in to vaping, safety comes to mind more than it did when I first started and I feel I probably should researched a bit more.

When I first bought my mod, I bought the AWT 3000mah '40A' (I know they are not actually rated this high, they are 20A). I bought them because they seemed the best to me, as I was a new vaper, I didn't know much about them. I still use them, they have served me well, I always charge them externally and never let them drain fully.

I recently researched them and found that they were a little bit misleading on the ratings, which made me worry a little that I could of damaged them. Reason being is that I have regularly vaped with my Smok Alien at 70W (sweet spot for me) which shows a 21A output, on a 0.5 ohm coil.

So I guess you can see where this is going. My question to you is, is it safe for me to vape at more than 20A on two of these AWT batteries? Safety is big for me and I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks a lot.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The amp displayed on the screen is output, from 'chip' to delivery device, it has zero to do with input, from batteries to 'chip'.

Mooch explains in simple terms how to calculate battery amp demand when using a regulated power device here ---> Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum

Just me, I don't use re wrap erroneously labeled cells, at all.

Reactions: sonicbomb

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
If memory serves, AWT are re-wraps, meaning there's no way to tell what actual battery you have. In general, 70 watts on a pair of 20A batteries is no problem at all and should not have damaged them in any manner. Unfortunately, since I don't know what actual cell you have, this may not apply. If you notice them overheating, or the wrap appears discolored, or something like that, I would discharge and recycle them. If not, keep them in the rotation and lean toward better cells when opportunity permits.

Welcome to the board.

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If memory serves, AWT are re-wraps, meaning there's no way to tell what actual battery you have. In general, 70 watts on a pair of 20A batteries is no problem at all and should not have damaged them in any manner. Unfortunately, since I don't know what actual cell you have, this may not apply. If you notice them overheating, or the wrap appears discolored, or something like that, I would discharge and recycle them. If not, keep them in the rotation and lean toward better cells when opportunity permits.

Welcome to the board.
Agree 70w on a pair of 18650 no problem, only drawing about 11.29A. Using HG2s I limit my GX2/4 in 2 batt mode 120w (120w/6.2v=19.36A). If want to push watts harder go to 4 battery config.;)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Here's a helpful list of Mooch's recommended batteries. Also, note there no such thing as a 40A 18650, 30A is the max. At the bottom are suggested vendors who are reliable so no rewrap counterfeits to deal with as well
Battery Chart.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread