Hello ECF, some help knowing if I'm on the right track

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmasaki

Oct 22, 2013
Brooklyn NY
I'll try an make this short because my original got eaten. Smoked since I was 15 everyday until now, 26, started having lung troubles. My sister gave me a blu ecig and a week later I grabbed a better but still cheap wick/tank style one from a cigar shop. That was Aug 2nd 2013 and Ive been buying more of these cheap ones while researching better stuff, my 3rd one is about to die so I guess it's time to step my game up.

This is what I'm thinking of grabbing:

ProVari ProVari Black Electronic Cigarettes: Black Electric Cigarette, Black E-Cigarette
A Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer IGO-L Rebuildable Atomizer - Kidney Puncher
A Rebuildable Atomizer Smoktech RSST RBA - Kidney Puncher

(wanted to grab the two types of rebuildable atomizers to basically try both methods out, and also because I like the idea of replacing or rebuilding instead of constantly buying replacements)

I know with these setups I would also need to get: Kanthol for coil making , cotton or silica for the drip, and ss mesh for the tank. Maybe drip tips if they don't come with them, have to check.

Is there anything i'm forgetting here? and also if you have anything you want to chime in with or even different suggestions on models of RBA/RDA to buy, let me know.

Ps I know the stuff mentioned above is not so much for the beginner, but like I said I've been doing some research and I'm pretty sure I can handle getting the stuff that seems daunting for most of the people starting out done. Most of my confusion trouble has been sifting through all the stuff you can buy for vaping, I guess a lot of people around the world have switched from smoking.

RyHeen

May 5, 2013
IL
Yeah you do seem to be on the right track. Smart move getting a great mod right away. I just got an email saying my provari is in the mail, it will be my 4th mod. I wish i was smart enough to just get a great one from the start. I have both the of the RBA's that you are getting and I think you will love them both. The only other thing i could think of is to get a vivi nova or pro tank to use while you are learning to build or if your RBA's go down for whatever reason.

Also don't forget good batteries (atleast two) and a charger but i'm sure you know that.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Smoked since I was 15 everyday until now
My sister gave me a blu ecig and a week later I grabbed a better but still cheap wick/tank style one from a cigar shop.
That was Aug 2nd 2013 and Ive been buying more of these cheap ones while researching better stuff, my 3rd one is about to die so I guess it's time to step my game up.

hello malmasaki welcome -

nice move getting away from those paper burnin types

hope all goes well... :)

dchest02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Muskegon, MI
Just remember you can't do sub-ohm coils on your Provari because of the amp limit. (If that is what you are intending on doing) The Provari will give you an E1 or E2, maybe an E8 error if you go too low. I think that the lowest it will go is in the area of 1.1 to 1.3 (not 100% sure the exact number) I generally shoot for 1.8 to 2.1 ohms with my RSST on my Provari.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Do you own at least one premade 510 threaded head that you can use on your ProVari? If not, I suggest getting one. Just so you can use it right away. Rebuildables take time and a lot of skill--at least at the beginning.

Do you have a charger and batteries? A small tube of Noalox? Isopropyl alcohol for cleaning?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi malmasaki and welcome to ECF! You are going to do great with the gear you're getting. I have to agree with Katya though that I would also get something else pre-made to put on the Provari to use until you have a RBA/RDA working right. The IGO is one of the easiest RDA's to build, but still if you don't know what something decent is capable of you have nothing to judge your IGO build against. The RSST is going to be a bit trickier, but not by too much.

Best of luck with it and if you have any questions when you get into it you know where to come for help :thumb:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Good for you. You will not regret buying good equipment. I agree with the other posters to get a couple of clearos or something you do not have to rebuild to use right away. There is a learning curve to rebuilding. You don't want to have that wonderful Provari and have nothing to vape on while you learn to rebuild your attys.

Welcome to ECF. Keep us updated.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
I'll try an make this short because my original got eaten. Smoked since I was 15 everyday until now, 26, started having lung troubles. My sister gave me a blu ecig and a week later I grabbed a better but still cheap wick/tank style one from a cigar shop. That was Aug 2nd 2013 and Ive been buying more of these cheap ones while researching better stuff, my 3rd one is about to die so I guess it's time to step my game up.

This is what I'm thinking of grabbing:

ProVari ProVari Black Electronic Cigarettes: Black Electric Cigarette, Black E-Cigarette
A Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer IGO-L Rebuildable Atomizer - Kidney Puncher
A Rebuildable Atomizer Smoktech RSST RBA - Kidney Puncher

(wanted to grab the two types of rebuildable atomizers to basically try both methods out, and also because I like the idea of replacing or rebuilding instead of constantly buying replacements)

I know with these setups I would also need to get: Kanthol for coil making , cotton or silica for the drip, and ss mesh for the tank. Maybe drip tips if they don't come with them, have to check.

Is there anything i'm forgetting here? and also if you have anything you want to chime in with or even different suggestions on models of RBA/RDA to buy, let me know.

Ps I know the stuff mentioned above is not so much for the beginner, but like I said I've been doing some research and I'm pretty sure I can handle getting the stuff that seems daunting for most of the people starting out done. Most of my confusion trouble has been sifting through all the stuff you can buy for vaping, I guess a lot of people around the world have switched from smoking.

You can't go wrong with the Provari, IMHO probably one of the finest VV regulated APV's. For a mechanical take a look at the REO, lots of info available on both.

malmasaki

Oct 22, 2013
Brooklyn NY
trying to get my order ready, from the bottom up:

Charger: http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-IntelliCharger-i4-Charger-Generation/dp/B005UAI372 (X1) $19.00

Batteries: Efest IMR 18650 2000 mAh Button Top - Kidney Puncher (X4) $31.80

Device: ProVari Black Electronic Cigarettes: Black Electric Cigarette, Black E-Cigarette / ex cap/ blue led $214.90

RDA: IGO-L Rebuildable Atomizer - Kidney Puncher (X1) $17.95

RBA: Smoktech RSST RBA - Kidney Puncher (X1) $21.95

$305.60 so far without shipping (not too bad) could be $267.60 with silver ProVari/redled/excap/ (i'll decide when I figure the stuff below out)

anyone know a place to grab Kanthol/Cottonwick/SS Mesh in somewhat large amounts?, I want to not have to worry about buying that again for a while, im guessing guage 30/3mm/300? for stainless

last thing should be juice if i'm not forgetting anything (don't worry I saw that noalox recommendation) for juice I am thinking of grabbing a big bottle of unflavored Nicotine/pg/vg liquid and maybe 4-5 flavors from Concentrated Flavorings|Sugar Free Drink | Flavor Drops and testing, or better yet if someone knows where to get tobacco flavor drops/ let me know.

malmasaki

Oct 22, 2013
Brooklyn NY
The mixing on that wizard site may be a little too advanced for me for now, im thinking of something like this where the Nicotine/pv/vg is already mixed http://bulkejuice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=229

but that wizard site has concentrated tobacco flavoring which helps, compared to fruit flavored stuff which I hate in the morning.

I know everyone is suggesting that(something already built), I do have something i'm using right now that should hold me over until I can build a decent coil, but I hear you guys, maybe Ill get a regular carto (non tank) from provape to put on the provari.

Last edited:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
for juice I am thinking of grabbing a big bottle of unflavored Nicotine/pg/vg liquid
Tip: Unflavored food grade VG or PG without nicotine is pretty cheap in bulk (here's a quart of VG for $11.50 and a quart of PG for $13.50, for example). I vape much less than 36mg, but I ordered a 36mg unflavored base that I could dilute down to my preferred strength with bulk 0mg.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The mixing on that wizard site may be a little too advanced for me for now, im thinking of something like this where the Nicotine/pv/vg is already mixed Bulk E-juice, USA Made E-Liquid, Great E-liquid mixed to order cheap.

but that wizard site has concentrated tobacco flavoring which helps, compared to fruit flavored stuff which I hate in the morning.

I know everyone is suggesting that(something already built), I do have something i'm using right now that should hold me over until I can build a decent coil, but I hear you guys, maybe Ill get a regular carto (non tank) from provape to put on the provari.

Yeah, only 50/50 there (which isn't bad). When they get caught up after the FDA fiasco, they should have custom mixes again.

malmasaki

Oct 22, 2013
    Brooklyn NY
    Been trying to figure out this DIY liquid out, tried to simplifying it as much as possible using calculators and this is what I came up with:

Lets say I am trying to make 30% or 20% nicotine levels using 30ml or 10ml bottles

If I grab 250ml of 60mg/ml in an all PG base: (this is assuming from reading that tobac flavors should be around 1-3% compared to 10% for fruity stuff) 3.4% in my calculation to make things easier.

30% in 30ml bottles would mean: 15ml of PG/Nic , 14ml of clean VG , and 1ml of tobacco flavoring

30% in 10ml bottles would mean: 5m of PG/Nic , 4.7ml of clean VG, and .3ml of tobacco flavoring

20% in 30ml bottles would mean: 10ml of PG/Nic , 19ml of Clean VG, and 1ml of tobacco flavoring

20% in 10ml bottles would mean: 3.3ml of PG/Nic, 6.4ml of Clean VG, and .3ml of tobacco flavoring

looking at this I'm guessing I could subtract the ml of the PG/Nic from the clean VG and then split the remainder in half (using the 20% in 30ml bottle example) 19 -10 = 9/2= 4.5 :

this would mean for a 50/50 it would be

20% in 30ml bottles would mean: 10ml of PG/Nic , 14.5 of Clean VG, 4.5 clean PG, and 1ml of flavoring (but wait the flavoring i'm guessing is in PG I guess it's not a big deal but lets see if my logic is right, so) :

10ml of PG/Nic , 15.5 of clean VG, 3.5 of clean PG, and 1ml of Flavoring which is PG = 50/50

Sorry if this is confusing or if i'm confused but It seems right to me, but then again I'm horrible at math, thank god for this liquid calculator I came across.

Last edited:

onjre

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 8, 2013
    Knoxville, TN, USA
    I usually buy premixed unflavored base from EcigExpress | Electronic Cigarettes, e-Liquid and DIY Flavorings (in the DIY section) and then add flavorings to my liking. It's probably cheaper to buy bulk pg or vg and then add your strong nic to it but I haven't bothered to go that extreme with DIY yet.

For rebuilding your atomizers check out this thread on microcoils. In my opinion they're easier to wrap consistently than regular coils and perform better.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...271-micro-coils-increase-vapor-flavor-th.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread