Hello everyone, I have a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FernandoB

Feb 6, 2016
My Name is Fernando.
I quit smoking cigarette 5 years ago. I start with E Cigarette like 2 year ago but I quit a couple months ago because it doesn't matter what tank i'm using always a toxic (I dont know how to call it but is a terrible taste like burning plastic) is coming out when i'm vaping, so i decide to remove a plastic from the coil and fix the problem but only for a couple days.
Last tank i bought was the Kanger Mini Protank 3, less than 2 hours of use that terrible taste start coming again, I remove the plastic thing (I dont know whats the name of that plastic but i will leave a picture so you can understand) works fine for 2 days, after 2 days that terrible toxic taste start coming again.
thumb

- I have a Vision spinner battery.
- I have the tank half filled with juice (Always)
- Never have a leak or Gurgling Problems when I remove that platic from the coil.
- Battery always charged.

I have used many tanks and batteries, different kinds and always that toxic taste start coming out. I will love to have my e cigarette back but my experience with tanks stop me to buy a new one.
Somebody have a problem like this ?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @FernandoB and welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with that specific tank. I did wonder when reading the post if you had primed the coils before use. I don't know if it's possible to put a drop or two of juice down this chimney before use. However the process is similar to most tanks after that... install new coil, take a few draws "UNPOWERED" to draw juice into the wick (I usually covered the air holes when I took the unpowered draws to create more suction into the wick/coil) and let the tank sit for 5 minutes before use.

Other than that I haven't a clue. Good luck.

FernandoB

Feb 6, 2016
Hello @FernandoB and welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with that specific tank. I did wonder when reading the post if you had primed the coils before use. I don't know if it's possible to put a drop or two of juice down this chimney before use. However the process is similar to most tanks after that... install new coil, take a few draws "UNPOWERED" to draw juice into the wick (I usually covered the air holes when I took the unpowered draws to create more suction into the wick/coil) and let the tank sit for 5 minutes before use.

Other than that I haven't a clue. Good luck.

Never did that, I thought it was... buy tank, filled with juice and ready to use.
Well i will search for a good tank and i will do that and see what happens, thanks for the advice.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
My Name is Fernando.
I quit smoking cigarette 5 years ago. I start with E Cigarette like 2 year ago but I quit a couple months ago because it doesn't matter what tank i'm using always a toxic (I dont know how to call it but is a terrible taste like burning plastic) is coming out when i'm vaping, so i decide to remove a plastic from the coil and fix the problem but only for a couple days.
Last tank i bought was the Kanger Mini Protank 3, less than 2 hours of use that terrible taste start coming again, I remove the plastic thing (I dont know whats the name of that plastic but i will leave a picture so you can understand) works fine for 2 days, after 2 days that terrible toxic taste start coming again.
thumb

- I have a Vision spinner battery.
- I have the tank half filled with juice (Always)
- Never have a leak or Gurgling Problems when I remove that platic from the coil.
- Battery always charged.

I have used many tanks and batteries, different kinds and always that toxic taste start coming out. I will love to have my e cigarette back but my experience with tanks stop me to buy a new one.
Somebody have a problem like this ?
That plastic thing holds your wicks. Are you building them or buying them? Your probably running them too hot or your getting dry hits from running at too high a voltage for how fast it can wick.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

FernandoB

Feb 6, 2016
That plastic thing holds your wicks. Are you building them or buying them? Your probably running them too hot or your getting dry hits from running at too high a voltage for how fast it can wick.

Buying. That make sense, but i don't know how hot is the coil, i'm not with the cigarette all day or smoking every single minute so i don't think the coil gets hot at all. I vape 2 or 3 times and Im done for a couple hours, i'm not a heavy smoker.

I was searching and i found this one
Aspire Platinum Starter Kit

Anybody have a experience with this one ?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My guess is your Vision battery, Kanger Protank 3, and your coils are all fine! In my opinion, you're just burning the wicks. No need to get another tank, or another set-up. That would be a total waste of your money. It's NOT your hardware. Just do as above...prime them and give plenty of time for liquid to wet the wicks.

I've never heard of anyone removing the plastic ring on the coils. I wouldn't do that any more at all.

FernandoB

Feb 6, 2016
Buying. That make sense, but i don't know how hot is the coil, i'm not with the cigarette all day or smoking every single minute so i don't think the coil gets hot at all. I vape 2 or 3 times and Im done for a couple hours, i'm not a heavy smoker.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey

Something like that would be a huge upgrade over what your currently using. The delivery(tank/atty) is way more important then the power you put to it. Those are great tanks especially for beginners. 2 big tips for using those.
1.make sure you prime those coils, one dry hit and the coil could be shot. Once primed you should have no issues.
2. Do not over tighten it. Those tanks are prone to get stuck together.

FernandoB

Feb 6, 2016
Something like that would be a huge upgrade over what your currently using. The delivery(tank/atty) is way more important then the power you put to it. Those are great tanks especially for beginners. 2 big tips for using those.
1.make sure you prime those coils, one dry hit and the coil could be shot. Once primed you should have no issues.
2. Do not over tighten it. Those tanks are prone to get stuck together.

I will prime before using. I need to search for battery and tank anyway(I don't remember where i put my old vision battery)
Thanks for the help.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The question nobody has asked is...

What setting (volts 3.3 - 3.8 - 4.3 - 4.8) are you using the Spinner battery at?

Also, as others have asked - how do you prime?

You have a very basic tank originally designed for eGo batteries, not variable voltage.

It is possible you are simply burning the coils through too much power, or too fast vaping, or too thick liquid or not priming.... the list is quite long...

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
that little plastic cap seals the coil to the tube. taking it of lets juice get into the stem and back into the coil. sounds like you are getting a dry hit and burning the coil. what percentage of VG are you using. those tanks don't work well with high VG juice. when you put a new coil in put a drop or two on the wick at the sides of the coil.you may also want to wash your tank to get rid of any residual bad flavor in the tank and stem

Reactions: djsvapour

FernandoB

Feb 6, 2016
The question nobody has asked is...

What setting (volts 3.3 - 3.8 - 4.3 - 4.8) are you using the Spinner battery at?

Also, as others have asked - how do you prime?

You have a very basic tank originally designed for eGo batteries, not variable voltage.

It is possible you are simply burning the coils through too much power, or too fast vaping, or too thick liquid or not priming.... the list is quite long...

Im using on 4.8

I didn't know about the prime the coil, I just filled the tank all the way and leave it there for a couple minutes or sometimes I filled all the way and start vaping immediately but without inhale.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
Im using on 4.8

I didn't know about the prime the coil, I just filled the tank all the way and leave it there for a couple minutes or sometimes I filled all the way and start vaping immediately but without inhale.
4.8 is too much for more then 1 hit on those. Drop it down to 4.0 you'll be better off.

Reactions: mauricem00

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Im using on 4.8

Yes, sorry @FernandoB , that is too much power.
Also, 'sitting' the coil doesn't always work. I have 'sat' a coil overnight and nothing happened at all. In the end, I pulled out the chimney and 'hand' soaked the coils.

(I used over 150 of these coils in 2.5 years by the way)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread