Hello everyone, I have a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I have both the protank 3 and protank 2. the coils have very little surface area and should not be operated over 3.5 volts.these coils are not hard to rebuild but a 4.8 volts your frying them.that burnt taste is from the wick burning.it simply can not draw enough juice to keep the coil and wick cool at that power level

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
The protank 3's have new coils with the wick inclosed. They still sell the ones with the wick showing, but the newer ones are better IMO. It could be possible that the OP just got a bad batch. I personally never had any problems with the coils.
I learned early to take primer puffs and to start at the lowest setting. Still burnt a few but it was a learning curve! I love my protanks

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That Protank was never very good at wicking. I think if you get a newer style tank, with newer style coils, you will be MUCH happier. If it's possible, perhaps you can get to a vape shop and TRY a device or two before buying - but the equipment has gotten easier - especially regarding coils and tanks that can "keep up" and produce more vapor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread