• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hello fellow MN vapors :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet I could do that. I need to buy a aga t+ first they have those at the e cig crib.

I would recommend not getting the T+, but the T2 v2. The deck on the T2 v2 (apparently there was an unlabeled v1 that is still floating around) only has 3 holes on the deck instead of 4. The reason why this is important is because eventually you may want to U wick and on the T+/T2 v1, you have to remove the press fit silica post to accomplish this, where on the T2 v2, the hole already exists. :)

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
No. If you have an early version AGA-T, AGA-T+, or AGA-T2 you pull the post with the tiny screw out. That post is there for people who want to use silica wicks. After I did that I also drilled out the wick hole and the newly made wick hole to 3.1mm, but this is optional. Now you should have two smooth holes for the wick, and two threaded holes (with screws) for the ground and the fill hole.

As an aside, this also lets you set up dual wick dual coil configurations. But it's hard to fill unless you drill out a 5th hole in the deck.

You might be interested in this thread too.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
esyty5u5.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
How long should i cut the mesh for a u wick? And would i only oxidize the middle?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

On my AGA I use about 3 inches by 3/4ths. But I drilled my wick holes to 3.1 mm so it takes a pretty thick wick. The u-wicks in my Foggatti are about 3 inches by 3/8ths or so because of the much smaller holes. Not sure if you've seen this, but cut your mesh diagonally (at 45 degrees to the weave). Makes it easier to make the bend without kinking the wick. I oxidize the whole wick, but not overly so. One or two good burns with no quenching. Oxidize the bend first to hold it in place.

EDIT: Should also mention that I didn't like the really thick wick I had on my AGA. It never seemed to wick very well and I don't think I'd do it that way again.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the "v2" (or whatever the official name is) version.. so you run the wick from it's current hole in to that open hole that you have next to the silica post.

If you do the U wick, you can leave the screw in that 3rd hole, as you'll get plenty of air flow without having to remove it (plus no leaking, yay! :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread