Hello from Australia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElektraSparkle

Apr 10, 2017
Hey guys, I'm ElektraSparkle and I'm from Australia. I'm relatively new to vaping; only been at it for about 2 months and haven't touched a cigarette in this time. My current setup is a Vaporesso Tarot Pro mod and I have two tanks; a Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast and the new iJoy Cigpet Eco12.

Just have a quick question for anyone who might have some ideas; I'm experiencing a lot of leaking from my iJoy tank from the airflow holes. I've checked and rechecked seals (which are in near perfect condition), threads, compared the coil that came with the tank to all my spares, etc. I've just experimented with creating a vacuum within the tank by not filling it up all the way but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Reactions: thetrucker

ElektraSparkle

Apr 10, 2017
Welcome @ElektraSparkle and I hope you enjoy your stay!

I do not own the iJOy tank but any tank I own that has had that problem was just a bad coil and changing it out solved the problem.

Good Luck and Vape On Safely

Thanks for the tip. I just changed out the coil and hey presto, no more leaking. However I have a new problem. The new coils do not screw all the way onto the base of the tank, so my mod isn't able to read them. Turned my mod on and it's telling me to check the atomiser. Checked through the airhole and it's not touching the pin connection. *sigh* This is frustrating. Anyone have ideas for this next issue?

Reactions: SteveS45

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys, I'm ElektraSparkle and I'm from Australia. I'm relatively new to vaping; only been at it for about 2 months and haven't touched a cigarette in this time. My current setup is a Vaporesso Tarot Pro mod and I have two tanks; a Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast and the new iJoy Cigpet Eco12.
Just have a quick question for anyone who might have some ideas; I'm experiencing a lot of leaking from my iJoy tank from the airflow holes. I've checked and rechecked seals (which are in near perfect condition), threads, compared the coil that came with the tank to all my spares, etc. I've just experimented with creating a vacuum within the tank by not filling it up all the way but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Welcome and glad you joined. Can try below.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
TFV8 leaking
My solution:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
Vaping is very scalable, if you have a problem, someone will have the answer.

ElektraSparkle

Apr 10, 2017
So the problem was the tank itself as the retailer I bought it from also had trouble working out why the coils weren't screwing on properly so they let me know it was definitely defective. Instead I've now gotten myself an Eleaf Melo 300. Gonna give this one a go tonight and make sure I don't have similar issues!

Last edited:

ElektraSparkle

Apr 10, 2017
So far so good with the Melo 300. Only the tiniest leak with the pre-installed coil (most likely dodgy) and chucks bigger clouds than my TFV8. I currently have my mod on 110w (I only use wattage mode on my Tarot Pro because I find the other modes too confusing and navigating the mod is a bit weird for my liking). Will try on my partner's Smok Alien in the next few days to test the capability of the tank itself. I may end up buying a more powerful mod; the Sigelei Kaos Spectrum really jumps out at me (admittedly it does look a little too similar to the Smok Alien).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread