Hello from Bristol. UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

petehuskins

Aug 20, 2017
I came across this site while "Googling" leaking Subtank mini again!! I knew it was an issue from previous searches and there seems to be 1000s of threads on the subject here!

Anyway, Ive changed o-rings, tried many different types of coils, and tried some of the less ridiculas suggestions i have read but both my tanks still leak really badly. (like sometimes a full tank will drain completely over-night)

My Pro-tank4, which was the one i could actually use, has now started leaking too!!

Do other makes of tank have so many problems? Any suggestions more than welcome!!

Cheers. Pete

petehuskins

Aug 20, 2017
I've never had a problem with my Subtanks leaking. I have two also.

Any Kanger tank, for that matter (save the original Protank).

Where is it leaking?
They leak from the air holes at the bottom. Even when stored upright and with the holes closed.
Like I said, Ive cleaned them, replaced o-rings and tried pre-made and RBA re-buildable ones

petehuskins

Aug 20, 2017
Leaking through the coil cotton sounds like. Are you using high PG? PG thinner than VG. Though I use 70% PG no problem but in different tanks/coils.
Ive tried different pre made coils and when ive built them myself i have tried different ways of packing the cotton as suggested on the many youtube vids but still the same.

I usually use 70% VG but ive bought some 50/50 before. Again, always leaks!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Leaking through the coil, or around it. High PG liquids can sometimes cause this problem, but cross threading the coil can cause it, as can over-tightening the coil into the base. Finger snug is good. There is no need to torque it down--that will cause the o-ring that seals the coil to the base to malform and break the seal.

Make sure you're using genuine Kanger coils. Those are among the most copied/cloned coils out there and frankly, a bogus or bad coil is the likely suspect if the above issues check out.

Reactions: Rickb119

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Did you have better results with one type of coil than another? Less leaking from one or the other? It does seem odd that both of your tanks are now leaking.... Are you using the same mod on both? Have you tried any of the tanks on a different mod? It just seems odd that a tank that was fine previously is now leaking once you've tried the KT tank... Would it be remotely possible that there's something going on with your 510 pin, perhaps CAUSED by the tank which may be defective? I'm trying to chain together some plausible thing that could have happened to your connection(s) to cause leakage and coming up with nothing, really, but it does make me wonder. Changed cotton brand/wire/anything else?

Did you try them on a different mod?

Best of luck. It may be something simple that someone can help you with, I'm just parsing variables here...

Anna

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Ok. So it's not leaking where the glass seals to the top and base via the top and bottom o-rings. That leaves two possible places.

One of those is the gasket that insulates the base of the coil. Make sure there's no juice in the 510 female connector on your device. If there isn't, then that leaves only one leakage path--through the center of the OCC downwards and into the airflow chamber.

You said that the liquid is exiting through the air holes, so the center of the coil is the likely culprit.

Do this: Look down through the center of one of the coils that has leaked. If you see any light coming in indirectly from the bottom, you can take a tiny piece of cotton and insert it into the center. Push it down to the base of the coil. Then look at the base of the coils and see through the rectangular thingie at the botton. Using the pin, toothpick or whatever, catch the very bottom of your cotton plug and pull it down gently, not disturbing the two coil leads.

That's the MyVaporStore.com solution. Again, I've never had this problem, but I always use genuine Kanger drop-ins, and there is a difference.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I had one Subtank that proved unstoppable in the leaking department.
I do believe I kept it, but never bothered to save it.

Do other tanks leak? Hmm... that's an interesting one.
Melo III - Yes.
iJust S - No.
Atlantis evo (ext) - No.
iSub S,G - No.
iSub V (vortex) - Yes.
Crown - No.

If I could see a pattern, I would tell you.
None of the Nano subtanks (remember them?) leaked.
1 of 4 'Mini' subtanks leaked.

I never tried the original 7ml beast.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I had one Subtank that proved unstoppable in the leaking department.
I do believe I kept it, but never bothered to save it.

Do other tanks leak? Hmm... that's an interesting one.
Melo III - Yes.
iJust S - No.
Atlantis evo (ext) - No.
iSub S,G - No.
iSub V (vortex) - Yes.
Crown - No.

If I could see a pattern, I would tell you.
None of the Nano subtanks (remember them?) leaked.
1 of 4 'Mini' subtanks leaked.

I never tried the original 7ml beast.
My Melo III leaked, too. That was due to a factory installed coil with a bad o-ring. Looks like it got squooshed when the coil-screwer-inner used too much torque. A new coil fixed that.

Reactions: djsvapour

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
They leak from the air holes at the bottom. Even when stored upright and with the holes closed.
Like I said, Ive cleaned them, replaced o-rings and tried pre-made and RBA re-buildable ones
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below can help with tank problems.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
TFV8 leaking
Leaking from the holes should be confirmed. Could clean hole surface(s) with denatured alcohol and affix tape over holes during night. Might answer where the atomizer is leaking from other than the holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread