CrazyChef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 9, 2015
    Worcester, MA USA
    Hey!

New guy here!

My Story? Okay, I'm glad you asked!

I've been needing to quit smoking for a while now, as I had a pretty bad heart attack a couple years ago. Can't quit. Like it too damn much.

So... I tried the V2 ecigs. They're crap. So, I try Copenhagen. Like it, but it grosses too many people out. Not that I care, but I work in sales, so I can't really dip at work. So back to the stinkies I go...

Okay, can't smoke - heart attack, remember? So I try the Blu starter kit for $35.00. Okay, well it's okay, I guess. But it still sucks. Eventually go back to the stinkies.

Got the V2 again, after reading some decent reviews. Liars. Anyway, stick to it for a couple of months, with a stinkie here and there just 'cuz I like 'em. So, $30+/week is gettin' kinda 'spensive for me (low paying crappy sales job). My sister's BF uses a "custom" vape setup, so I check it out. $50 for the basic setup, and about $20/month for the juice. WHAT??? I'm paying $120+/month for crap, and the "good stuff" is cheaper???

SO... Today I go out and buy the ARO Winder kit from MadVapes with 50ml of wintergreen 24mg juice for $70...

Holy Crap! What a HUGE difference!!! So, now I'm looking to maybe get a better/bigger tank, and upgrading my setup a bit every week or 2.

And I really don't crave the stinkies at all with this new setup!

Anyways, I'm glad to be here amongst you fine Vapers!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Welcome aboard @The Vaping Dude :)

Like you, I tried cigalikes (all the way back in 2010 and 2011). They were just UNSATISFACTORY to me. First part of 2014, come across this mysterious website called ECF. Hmmmm, and there's this thing called a VAPE SHOP here in my town. HMMMMM.

Found Spinners and EVOD tanks and juice that didn't taste like navel fuzz :p

Over 17 months later, haven't picked up a nasty cigarette (although, I've wondered what one would taste like - just haven't caved.)

Build my own coils, mix my own juice, I Vape it My Way!!!!

Good luck to you - all kinds of amazing folks here to answer your questions or to lend an ear....

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    Welcome to the forum, the initial start up is expensive with vaping until you find something that works for you. I've been through a ton of setups and my dad has too.

Like you, I did Copenhagen, but not to quit smoking. I was smoking an equivalent 2 packs a day of cigarettes I rolled my own and 3 cans of Copenhagen a day. I did the Copenhagen since I was in High School, Smoking since I was 18 in the Army. I started vaping when I was 23 and I am 24 now. So I was pretty young and smoking/dipping a lot.

GoBlue88

Jul 10, 2015
    Hi and welcome! I am not a doctor, but a reason an MD may tell you to not smoke may be the nic/stimulants, so while vaping is obviously better for you than cigarettes, perhaps some folks here could help you out with stepping down in Nic for your hearts sake. You might be able to get to the point where you are either vaping very low nic, or no nic at all but vaping for the habit/experience of vaping. There's definitely ex smokers on this forum who could provide you advice on the topic.

Good luck!

Reactions: CrazyChef

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2014
    New Jersey
    Hey!

New guy here!

My Story? Okay, I'm glad you asked!

I've been needing to quit smoking for a while now, as I had a pretty bad heart attack a couple years ago. Can't quit. Like it too damn much.

So... I tried the V2 ecigs. They're crap. So, I try Copenhagen. Like it, but it grosses too many people out. Not that I care, but I work in sales, so I can't really dip at work. So back to the stinkies I go...

Okay, can't smoke - heart attack, remember? So I try the Blu starter kit for $35.00. Okay, well it's okay, I guess. But it still sucks. Eventually go back to the stinkies.

Got the V2 again, after reading some decent reviews. Liars. Anyway, stick to it for a couple of months, with a stinkie here and there just 'cuz I like 'em. So, $30+/week is gettin' kinda 'spensive for me (low paying crappy sales job). My sister's BF uses a "custom" vape setup, so I check it out. $50 for the basic setup, and about $20/month for the juice. WHAT??? I'm paying $120+/month for crap, and the "good stuff" is cheaper???

SO... Today I go out and buy the ARO Winder kit from MadVapes with 50ml of wintergreen 24mg juice for $70...

Holy Crap! What a HUGE difference!!! So, now I'm looking to maybe get a better/bigger tank, and upgrading my setup a bit every week or 2.

And I really don't crave the stinkies at all with this new setup!

Anyways, I'm glad to be here amongst you fine Vapers!

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Vaping Dude, are you on Facebook? New England Vapers on Facebook

There's a good shop across from Quinsig on 12 called Worcester Vapor.

Lineage Vapors is having their Lunenburg Grand Opening cloud comp on Sep 19 @ 1PM
    They've been open for a few weeks but the GO will be epic.

That's an older poster. Their #1 sponsor is Hingham Hill by UpStomp.
    There are rumors that Stanley The Viking will be chucking clouds in the comp :thumb:

LotsaVapes in Auburn is another great shop with a righteous owner.
    We're fortunate that vaping has exploded here in Mass since VCCNE last summer.
    Over 60 shops on NEV vendor list and growing every week.

11055403_945953532117796_4265955792437897492_o.jpg

Lineage Vapors Lunenburg on Facebook
    Lotsavapes in Auburn on Facebook
    Worcester Vapor on Facebook
    Hingham Hill, LLC on Facebook
    Stanley The Viking on YouTube

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread