Hello from Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

disher

Sep 3, 2014
Vietnam
Hi everybody

just wanted to share some of my experiences with vaping in Vietnam since this is still fairly a novelty here and also not easy to find good liquids along with advanced vaping equipment. Most likely because smoking analogs is much cheaper than vaping.

Liquids
There are 2 shops in HCMC that I frequent to buy liquids since they have US brands like The Standard, Cutwood, Black Label, Mountain Oak Vapors, Cosmic Fog and much more:
  • mciga.vn
  • caithuoc.vn: also sells DIY juice and sells nicotine mixes (PG, VG and PG/VG from Hangsen)

Prices are quite expensive compared to the chinese brands like Hangsen: 260k for 15ml and around 480k for 30ml. They both do home delivery for free or just small fee like 15k.

Atomizers and batteries
mciga
is more specialized on liquids, so almost all of their tanks and batteries are targeted at beginners. Have lots of aspire and kanger starter kits. They have some Kayfuns and batteries lying around but seems rather dated stuff.

caithuoc
besides the typical joyetech and aspire things this shop also carries some RDAs and RTAs like CLT and Fogger. Pricing is ok I guess considering the import costs and all the stuff is authentic.
This shop also carries from mech mods and VV/VW boxes like IPV2. This is the shop to buy your expensive Kanthal.

Cotton
I bought mine from the super market for 20k. Pop Puff brand, looks like japanese cotton but is from Korea, 100% organic cotton, wicks very well. The shiseido shops only carry cotton mixed with silk.

DIY
if you are a risk taker, best bet is to go to kim bien market and buy super cheap PG and VG there. I got 1 liter of both for 90k/70k. They said its USP grade...
You can buy premixed nicotine solutions from caithuoc.vn. I have not found any place that sells flavors yet so I need to buy over amazon and ebay. Any recommendations here are welcome.

Amazon/ebay
if you are interested in some newer equipment then you have no choice but to buy from ebay and amazon. But since most if not all sellers don't ship to Vietnam, you have to use a shipping service that has an address in US or somewhere else other than Vietnam.
I can recommend giaonhan247.com I bought some RBAs and flavors off ebay and amazon through them and everything was delivered in good condition within 2-3 weeks to me. You pay the shipping and also an extra fee of around 10%. Not a great deal but at least you get to buy some shiny toys you won't get in Vietnam.

Hope it helps any vaper in HCMC and any feedback is welcome.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Hello Vietnam, and welcome to the ecf. Sounds like if one wants to vape there, one must really work at it. Am sure your experience in that area of the world will be most helpful for other members. What about Fasttech??? They ship world wide for free.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

disher

Sep 3, 2014
Vietnam
Hello Vietnam, and welcome to the ecf. Sounds like if one wants to vape there, one must really work at it. Am sure your experience in that area of the world will be most helpful for other members. What about Fasttech??? They ship world wide for free.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

Hi dice, thanks a lot. I tried fasttech but unfortunately they block access to their site from Vietnam: Your country is not supported. Focalecig allows access to their site, you can even start the order process but they blocked Vietnam as shipping address when you check out over paypal. Not so easy to buy online and ship to Vietnam. At least Vietnam is not alone, I saw focalecig also blocks Thailand and Phillipines. I guess fasttech does the same there.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum disher. Glad to have you here!:)

Great post! I will add all this information to my database and send other new members (from your country) to this thread if I see them post.

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Make sure to read all the "stickies". Also check out the blogs by ECF members Hoosier & dannyv45.

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

DIY Recipe Sites

* ECF E-Liquid Recipes
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid Recipes UK
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes

Last edited:

disher

Sep 3, 2014
Vietnam
Hello and welcome
99% of food flavorings are great for vaping if your good with Pg ?
thanks for the idea, I already looked at some of those food flavors in the baking shops down at Ham Nghi. They got a rather limited selection of unknown Thai(?) brands and huge selection of self made extracts, can't really read what kind of ingredients they used. They look quite fishy imho so I opted not to be a test dummy and rather order some known to work flavors from amazon/ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread