• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hello! How's everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com

Lady J

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Ohio
Hi Wendy! I too am shocked at the cold. I prefer it to the St Louis summers though. :p I love my 808. I went with the Halo G6 in fuchsia. Sadly, I am still smoking sometimes. Like, 5 or so a day. Part of me is using the excuse that "They were already paid for before I got my kit." I hope that once I run out, I won't want those 5 a day.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
LadyJ, you may have heard this already, but you don't have to feel bad about having a few smokes during your transition to vaping. Everyone proceeds at their own pace, and what works for one person will not necessarily work for the next. I smoked 3 packs of Kools per day, and it took me 3 months to quit them altogether. I didn't pressure myself, as I knew that (for ME), would have ensured failure. I just tried to vape more and smoke less. One day I realized I hadn't smoked in a week or so, and more importantly, that I didn't want to.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Haha, you're welcome. Another thing I did, was keep my PV in my shirt pocket where my cigarettes used to be, so I had to make a conscious decision to reach for that pack (which I kept in a slightly less convenient place). When you smoke 3 packs a day for a couple of decades, you don't even notice when you're lighting them up. I've lit them in bookstores and banks, LOL. The weird thing is, every now and then, I still expect to light one up. When that happens, I'm actually surprised that I don't have a pack in my shirt pocket. Then I'm glad. :2cool:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Were you a menthol or regular smoker? Everyone (almost) likes RY4. I like DK-TAB, but it takes a day to get used to it for some people. You can buy that stuff by the liter at myfreedomsmokes.com.

I mostly vape my own stuff, but I also buy premixed. I like TV Butter Rum from tastyvapor.us, but it is crazy-sweet. I buy the doubler, and add high-nic base to it, it reduces the flavor and sweetness down into my comfort zone. You can get Atomic Cinnacide from there, as well. Tastes like Red Hots candy, very good, very, very strong flavor. Don't use it all the time, it will ruin your tastebuds for anything else.

Last edited:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
There's an entire section here at ECF about DIY juice mixing, with people who know more than I do. However, I would recommend you get a broad sampling of commercial mixes first, so you know what your looking for. And yes, there are more tobacco flavors than you can shake a stick at, and that's just a small percentage of the other flavors.

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
LOL, I shudder to think of how much money I've spent buying different flavors narrowing down what I like. I'm pretty satisfied with my favorites currently, but I know it would be more cost effective to make my own once I developed a recipe I liked. I just don't know if I'm ready to invest in all of the different flavorings it would take to research it. Like I said above, I wouldn't have a clue on the subtle background tastes like cocoa, licorice etc.

Lady J

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Ohio
quasimod, I was a PAD Camel Light smoker. So far my "favorites" are Halo Tiki Juice, Halo Tribeca, and Flux Triple Orange. However, when I get into a "must chain smoke now" mood, I've found myself reaching for the (just received 2 days ago) SmokeStik with a menthol carto. So weird.

Like kazz, DIY interests me for cost reasons. Also, my Triple Orange needs more orange. and a touch of mint. (I accidentally used it first on a used carto that had been used with Menthol Ice, and boy howdy, that was tasty)

Last edited:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
What is your favorite flavor, and at what nic strength? There may be a single flavoring for it. For example, Flue-cured tobacco, DK-TAB, 555, etc., can all be found as concentrated flavorings. All you need is a bottle of, say, Flue-Cured flavor, some high-nic base, and enough PG and/or VG to add to it. You'll also need some way to measure it, empty bottles & etc., safety gear (gloves & glasses), and a safe place to mix and store the high-nic away from kids and pets. If you really want to do it, I'll walk you through. It's not rocket surgery :)

I can't find the DIY juice section any more, wonder where it went..?

EDIT: Doh! Just realized you told me in the prev. post. I'm on my phone, so I miss stuff.

Last edited:

Lady J

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Ohio
That's awesome info, thank you. I still have to figure out what I want, and how to fund it... and what kind of "lab" space I can find. Tiki is a bit uhm, complex I guess. I probably will just stick with buying it. I've got to start a list. I like the 12mg nic, but can do anywhere from 6 to 18. I glanced at the DIY e-liquid section, but now I plan to do heavy reading.

I feel goofy, as part of why I want to DIY is because I miss my old chemistry set :D

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
What is your favorite flavor, and at what nic strength? There may be a single flavoring for it. For example, Flue-cured tobacco, DK-TAB, 555, etc., can all be found as concentrated flavorings. All you need is a bottle of, say, Flue-Cured flavor, some high-nic base, and enough PG and/or VG to add to it. You'll also need some way to measure it, empty bottles & etc., safety gear (gloves & glasses), and a safe place to mix and store the high-nic away from kids and pets. If you really want to do it, I'll walk you through. It's not rocket surgery :)

LOL, you know that you are the first person to comment on my signature?

I'm primarily a tobacco flavor type of guy. My favorites are Sweet Caroline and Carolina Sunset from IVape.net. Caroline is definitely a honey cured, but I don't have a clue about the Sunset. Others that I switch to occasionally are Bounty Hunter and Casablanca. I like some of PrimeVaping's juices, but believe they are extracted tobacco flavors.

I get the measuring supplies and gloves, but are the glasses for splash protection or does high nic juice give off vapors?

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Splash. Some go for full face shield, but if your preferred nic level is only 6 or 8 mg, there is zero reason for you to work with very high concentra. You will probably get some in your eye sooner or later, and the higher the nic content the more it stings. Usually it gets transferred to your eye via a finger you forgot to rinse. 36 mg burns like crazy, LOL!

mamabearcoffey

Nov 25, 2011
Missouri
Thanks for the help. Got my banner. Lol. Been a real roller coaster of a weekend. Glad I had my PV w/ me. I've decided not to call them e-cigs...cigarette just has such an evil connotation, you know? So it is my Personal Vaporizer. :p
One more week until graduation, thank goodness, then I can start putting my real life back together...whatever that's going to mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread