Hello, I need help with bvc 1.8 coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned the mvp's 510 connection?
Qtip rubbing alcohol really get in there & scrub it, all threading too, dry with paper towel/napkin.

Is the bvc head tight in the base?
Are you over tightening the tank to base, just tight enough to prevent leaking, don't crank the tank down flush to the base.
When new base/tank gasket isn't broken in, over tightening tank can cause wicking problems.
Is this a colored, overly flavored, overly sweet or NET e liquid?

I prime a BVC by dripping drops on top of screen, allow time for each to soak in, keep adding drops until the wicking material visible in the body wicking holes turns translucent & starts to seep out.
This ensures the cotton is fully saturated.
I don't count drops, probably 8-10.

Reactions: David Wolf

VissyC

Mar 22, 2017
My wife vapes the nautilus at 15 watts and her coils last for 2 weeks with 70vg juices. It's more to do with how you vape it , she only takes a 2 second pulls and doesn't chain vape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ah that's probably my issue then, I tend to chain vape for 10 minutes at a time and take 5-6 second drags. :(

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Ah that's probably my issue then, I tend to chain vape for 10 minutes at a time and take 5-6 second drags. :(
Yes you might need a different tank. If transitioning from cigs a nautilus is a great option but some may eventually out grow it, therefore needing a tank that can handle a bit more. The nautilus just doesn't wick fast enough and doesn't have the airflow for chain vaping or long pulls imo. You may be chain vaping and taking these long pulls because your nic juice maybe to low? So either try another tank that can handle a bit extra or maybe increase your nic which might reduce your chain vaping and pull time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I use the Nautilus 1.8 with I stick 40. My ohms creep up and are now @ 2.6. Chain vaping @ 8 Watts and above burns my coils. Don't see how these are reported to vape above that, but it's popular. I use 50vg unflavored and get a month out of them @ 7 . 5 Watts.
    I just tore mine apart, reseated the coil, cleaned both pin areas, pushed the pins in n out, and it's back to normal - 2.0. GL With yours, OP!

3heavens

Mar 1, 2017
    I would think about trying a higher Nic level also. I've had my nicotine level all over the place. My opinion is to have it to where you can't chain vape for 10min unless you want to walk funny.
    About the third day of vaping after quitting smoking...I smoked so much 18mg juice I woke up with a Nic hangover, I literally couldn't walk straight. I don't recommend doing that of course but I knew I didn't have to work and needed to kick a 20 something year smoking habit.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I would think about trying a higher Nic level also. I've had my nicotine level all over the place. My opinion is to have it to where you can't chain vape for 10min unless you want to walk funny.
    About the third day of vaping after quitting smoking...I smoked so much 18mg juice I woke up with a Nic hangover, I literally couldn't walk straight. I don't recommend doing that of course but I knew I didn't have to work and needed to kick a 20 something year smoking habit.

If your e-Liquid is SMOKING you are definitely doing something wrong since you are not supposed to have combustion taking place when you are VAPING.

Reactions: vapdivrr

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and new to vaping with this tank and mod,
    I'm using an mvp 3 and a nautilus mini with 1.8 ohms coils, making sure to prime them before use. I'm using 50/50 juice
    I got the nautilus mini on Saturday (4 days ago) and I've already burnt through 4 coils.
    When I put a fresh coil in my mod reads it as 2.0 ohms but slowly goes up to 2.2 ohm. I'm starting off at the lowest wattage, 6, and 3.7 volts and slowly moving up but I get to 8 watts/4 volts and get a burnt taste. I've heard people saying they vape on this tank at 12/13 watts and that seems impossible to me.
    What am I doing wrong? :(
    Thanks in advance
    Welcome and glad you joined. "I've heard people saying they vape on this tank at 12/13 watts and that seems impossible to me." Probably other manufacturer's tanks/coils.
    Tanks can be tricky to get right. You are vaping in the right 6-7w and 2.0 ohm area. I have an RDA that is set to those parameters and I'm getting great flavor. I make my own coils along with a rayon wick, it's much cheaper than buying premade "coils". You are close to getting it right, wishing you good luck.
    Might like to read:
    Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
    2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
    (7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
    What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
    Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread