Hello! I'm new to the forum and would like some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailovevaping

Jun 20, 2015
Hello everyone! I smoked for over 20 years and stopped over 5 years ago and began vaping. I started out using the Joyetech eGo-C, and moved through several different setups until about two years ago.. I purchased a Provari 2.5 and have been using it happily along with an Aspire Nautilus Mini. I use AW IMR 18650 batteries and only use Vaporfi liquid (for about a year now). For the past several months, I can put a new coil in, add fresh liquid, and within less than an hour my liquid tastes awful. My husband began vaping about a year ago, and he uses the same tank as me, but has an Eleaf iStick (I'm not sure the model, it's very small and was given to him by my mother).. I believe it's the same model that got such bad publicity due to them exploding, but he hasn't had any issues. Anyway.. his liquid always tastes wonderful! I'm really not sure what could be causing the problem. I have used the same settings on my Provari. The only thing is that my batteries are over 2 years old, but I can't see why that would affect the taste. I think I've decided that I want to get a whole new setup, but even though I have been vaping for such a long time, I really don't know what to buy. The most important things I am looking for in a device are 1) maintaining good flavor, 2) low upkeep/maintenance (i.e., not having to change my coils/atomizers often, 3) long lasting, and 4) I prefer a sleek design, though this is not a requirement. Basically I'm wanting to enjoy the flavor of my liquids, because lately it has been so bad that I've thought "I'd rather smoke than taste this"..
Any suggestions would be awesome! I did some research and saw on several sites that Vaporfi had really nice devices, but I emailed their customer service and explained my situation to them and they were not helpful at all.
I definitely do not want to have "big clouds", I just want to enjoy vaping again!

I look forward to chatting with you guys! Sorry for the lengthy message, I hope that someone can help!!

Thanks so much! Happy vaping!!

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
Batteries generally are good for about a year before needing replaced, but this isn't really a strict rule. But if the batteries are no longer pushing the voltage needed for the wattage the coil requires, this could have a pretty big impact on the taste. Before getting a new setup, I would suggest to go ahead and buy new batteries first, and see if that helps. If not, then it may be time for a new mod. As far as what kind, I may not be of much help. I like clouds and flavor, so my tanks and mods generally reflect that preference. I also build some of my own coils. But I will say this-I have an Aspire Vision Spinner with an Aspire K1 tank that produces great flavor. It's a pen/ego style mod, variable voltage, and the tank has a tight draw with small airflow, and BVC single coil coilhead. It might be something to look into.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hello everyone! I smoked for over 20 years and stopped over 5 years ago and began vaping. I started out using the Joyetech eGo-C, and moved through several different setups until about two years ago.. I purchased a Provari 2.5 and have been using it happily along with an Aspire Nautilus Mini. I use AW IMR 18650 batteries and only use Vaporfi liquid (for about a year now). For the past several months, I can put a new coil in, add fresh liquid, and within less than an hour my liquid tastes awful. My husband began vaping about a year ago, and he uses the same tank as me, but has an Eleaf iStick (I'm not sure the model, it's very small and was given to him by my mother).. I believe it's the same model that got such bad publicity due to them exploding, but he hasn't had any issues. Anyway.. his liquid always tastes wonderful! I'm really not sure what could be causing the problem. I have used the same settings on my Provari. The only thing is that my batteries are over 2 years old, but I can't see why that would affect the taste. I think I've decided that I want to get a whole new setup, but even though I have been vaping for such a long time, I really don't know what to buy. The most important things I am looking for in a device are 1) maintaining good flavor, 2) low upkeep/maintenance (i.e., not having to change my coils/atomizers often, 3) long lasting, and 4) I prefer a sleek design, though this is not a requirement. Basically I'm wanting to enjoy the flavor of my liquids, because lately it has been so bad that I've thought "I'd rather smoke than taste this"..
Any suggestions would be awesome! I did some research and saw on several sites that Vaporfi had really nice devices, but I emailed their customer service and explained my situation to them and they were not helpful at all.
I definitely do not want to have "big clouds", I just want to enjoy vaping again!

I look forward to chatting with you guys! Sorry for the lengthy message, I hope that someone can help!!

Thanks so much! Happy vaping!!

I don't think the problem is in your mod. Provari were made to last long and in any case the mod sends the power to the atty. But it is a good idea to change the battery.

So, if the problem is in the atomizer one fix, as stated above, is to clean it very well. But you should also check your coils, maybe you are using different coils from the ones you are used to without noticing. Other possibility is that your coils are not authentic, so you should check them.

You can also try another atty like a Nautilus 2 or a Cubis

Hope you solve the problem!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I really don't know what to buy. The most important things I am looking for in a device are 1) maintaining good flavor,
Welcome and glad you joined. Sleek design kind of limits your selection. The best taste comes from RDA's. Might want to mount one on your mod and see if vaping is still good for you, that will tell you if you need to spend more real money.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
http://vape-resource.com/drip_vaping/
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread