Hello, new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
So right now I'm using the Endura T22. I think it's ok for now.
Functionally it seems fine. Not really finding e juice that I'm in love with yet though. I've never tried any besides tobacco. But I want to find a delicious tobacco (I smoked Marlboro lights), and my next choices when I branch out would be a great coffee (gotta be creamy!), and maybe a chocolate.
Any advice on who delivers really good e juices? Also I want big clouds, seems to satisfy my cravings better for some reason.
Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: djsvapour

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
Also, if any vets could tell me if I am not posting in the right place. If so I apologize.

Another question. If you only have one device, do you fill it and vape till that juice is gone? I filled mine with tobacco but I'm dying to try the coffee I purchased at a local shop. Or do you vets mix flavors, have an extra device dedicated for a specific flavor?
Thanks. It's tough being a newbie

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
So right now I'm using the Endura T22. I think it's ok for now. Functionally it seems fine.

Also I want big clouds, seems to satisfy my cravings better for some reason.

The T22 uses the current Innokin 'cartridge' coil originally developed for the iClear 30S (in 2013)

It's good-ish but the draw will be tight (nearer to a smoking inhale than a cloud tank, for sure) and the design on the new one was optimized for 14.5w, which was a sensible idea i.m.o.
You could vape it down to 8w perhaps but probably not up to 20w. I've not seen this one in action, only the original which had silica not cotton and often complained at even 10-12w.

Clouds are a different ball game. I'm cracking some decent vapor (sort of cloudy) at 20w with a Merlin RTA right now, but I mixed it 80% VG. You average factory coil at 20w isn't going to compete. Close... sure... but no cigar.

Shame about the Lychee Shisha e-liquid. :eek:

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
The T22 uses the current Innokin 'cartridge' coil originally developed for the iClear 30S (in 2013)

It's good-ish but the draw will be tight (nearer to a smoking inhale than a cloud tank, for sure) and the design on the new one was optimized for 14.5w, which was a sensible idea i.m.o.
You could vape it down to 8w perhaps but probably not up to 20w. I've not seen this one in action, only the original which had silica not cotton and often complained at even 10-12w.

Clouds are a different ball game. I'm cracking some decent vapor (sort of cloudy) at 20w with a Merlin RTA right now, but I mixed it 80% VG. You average factory coil at 20w isn't going to compete. Close... sure... but no cigar.

Shame about the Lychee Shisha e-liquid. :eek:
What do you recommend for a good setup for a newbie, something pretty easy to use and for big clouds? And a place to get good e juice(s)?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
What do you recommend for a good setup for a newbie, something pretty easy to use and for big clouds? And a place to get good e juice(s)?

I can't help with liquid if you are US, but plug and play sub-ohm kits are easy enough to find. Everything from 20-80 watts can be had.

The 'king' of plug and play subohm was the iJust2 but boy oh boy, you are looking at a powerful e-cig and the batteries don't have the best record for reliability.

On a fresh charge, they were pumping out nearly 60 watts. A lot of vendors use them to show off liquids at vape shows. The good news is that even if the battery suffers a switch problem (common) you've paid mostly for the tank.

If I was buying and wanted a long-term mod (box mod type) I'd be tempted by something with a good record and maybe a tank by Smok, as they specialize in high power tanks/coils.

Knowing what I do about 'stuff' and having tried many tanks, I still think the original Uwell Crown on a 75w mod is a good starting place.

Yesterday, I was using a Uwell (factory coil) on a Smoant Battlestar before taking my Merlin apart to rebuild the coil/wick. These 2 and/or 3 battery mods are crazy but if you use them to vape at normal power they can last for days without recharging.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Bill & welcome
Many of us have multiple tanks to deal with more than one flavor. Switching flavors can be done by vaping a tank dry and then just loading the new flavor on top of the old, assuming they don't clash. Or you can rinse your tank and coil with plain water, dry it as best you can, and then add the new flavor.

Don't feel pressured about dual use, many of us did it, I smoked and vaped for months before quitting. Each of us has/had our own way to do it so just do what feels best to you. Good luck with it.

KurtF

Jan 15, 2017
North Carolina, USA
Hi Billy, Welcome. I started same way you did: V2 "cigalikes" or cartamizers to substitute a 1.5 PAD smoking habit. I found satisfaction at 12mg nic strength, but I think 18 would have been more of an equal tradeoff. What's your strength?

Also, when I tried to move up from cartamizers, and get a lower maint. tank unit, I was really disappointed with the V2 pen-style tank units. Their atomizer heads all spit and gurgle and just seemed poor design. I'll let more seasoned members speak for who is good quality, but I'll never buy another V2 product.

Good luck finding the right vape to quit the tobacco burning! Also, think about requirements, like being tethered to a charge cord for 3-6 hrs vs. external batty charger; larger tanks and coils mean less messing around with renewables, etc. 3 yrs into vaping myself, I wish I had gone straight from the V2 slims to a nice 6ml tank 100W MOD, and not wasted money on pen tanks, and 4ml tank low wattage mods.

Reactions: djsvapour

DrGabber

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Oswego, New York
Hey Billy, welcome to ECF! I started vaping about 8 years ago, but have been on and off cigarettes in that time. I have managed to quit smoking several times(for an entire year once) but always ended up smoking again because of various issues with vaping hardware.

My very first e-cig was a 510. Batteries didn't last long. Cartridges were expensive and a pain to refill. Performance was wildly inconsistent. It leaked, flooded, and had intermittent dry hits after just taking a few puffs on a new cartridge. So back to smoking cigarettes. New equipment would come out and would be better, but still there would be issues and I would always go back to smoking. A Bic lighter and pack of Camels just work.

Over the past few years mods became mainstream and I thought I might finally be able to quit smoking for good. They performed light years beyond all the cigalikes, were much more consistent, batteries and tanks can last a full day or more.

BUT... I still had problems. Equipment was still too expensive. Tanks still flood, leak, and have dry hits. I was also spending more time cleaning and maintaining my equipment than I wanted to. I'm not really into vaping as a hobby, just want to enjoy vaping and get my nic fix.

A couple of months ago I got an Eleaf iCare and this seemed to be exactly what I had always dreamed of. It produces good vapor and great flavor, able to last me almost an entire day, it's tiny and dirt cheap. Maintenance just consists of filling it up with liquid and rinsing it out and replacing coil heads occasionally. It spits and gurgles every once in a while, but never had dry hits. The only thing was it didn't quite satisfy me. Having previously used an eVic VT with a Kanger Subtank mini and sub ohm coils, the iCare just didn't produce quite enough vapor.

Then last week I got a Kanger Togo Mini. It produces way more vapor than the iCare, it's just as effortless to use, inexpensive, holds more liquid, the battery lasts longer, and it's easier to fill and clean. It's perfect... except when I got down to half a tank it would sometimes flood and start tasting harsh :(

I did some googling and found out that the problem may be that vapor is condensing back onto the coil causing flooding. That turned out to be the problem exactly. When I was using it, I wasn't taking long enough drags to complete clear the vapor out of the chimney and coil. The vapor re-condensed and caused flooding. This was solved by simply taking a drag for an extra second after I let go of the fire button. I've went though a few tanks since I figured this out and now it works absolutely perfectly. Like a Bic and pack of Camels, the Togo Mini just works :)

Wow, this post ended up being way, waaaay longer than I intended! Haven't been on ECF for a while and I'm glad to be off cigarettes again.

TLDR: Billy, try a Kanger Togo Mini. They consistently produce tons of vapor, great flavor and are inexpensive. Just remember to keep taking a drag for a second after releasing that fire button ;)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
What happened to Fasttech? Do people still buy from them?

Nah... we all quit. :eek:

Seriously - I just had items arrive this morning. Good as gold. Two tanks, 7 days door to door.

I am not visiting Fasttech though for at least half a month. Order now, go mad waiting for Chinese New Year. :confused:

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
I've been vaping for years now pretty sure but I still like a simple set up. I currently am still in love with two evic vts and subtanks (which I really wish were still around - best tank I've ever used). Went on a buying bender this week. Bought a mi-one, a khree, a k kiss and a cupti. Need some on the go mods to put in my purse haha. I may off and on have a bad vape shopping problem :)
I prefer not building coils and using premade. Clouds make me giggle but at least I don't smoke!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread