Hello new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weareallnegan

Apr 13, 2017
Yeah, that first cigalike, it was a Fin, don't know if they're still around, but it gave me exactly what 45 years of cigs did. As for the progression to better things, well, that's entirely credited to ECF and the incredible people here. As I learned more from them, I tried more things, learned about more things, and just kept progressing to understanding what works for me. You will also have that same experience, just ask the questions and listen to the answers. It got me to today, where I'm pretty much self-sufficient, make my own juice, build and wick my own coils and spend just about pennies a day whereas I used to spend $30 a day. Only thing I really need to buy anymore is when some new tank or whatever catches my eye, but even at that, I don't HAVE to. Got enough supplies to carry me 10 years or beyond, and as I recently turned 65 I don't think I really need to worry about "beyond":D.

And there's tons of folks here that have done the same things. As I said, folks here will help you advance, to the point where YOU'RE helping someone new!
There's SO MUCH to learn!! But it's great fun I have to say.

Jay Hannen

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I don't bite.....:) what device are you using? What flavors are you vaping? How do you like it?

Well seeing as ur asking....
For ammunition I mix up Wayne walkers DIYORDIE recipes, I buy vendor juice regularly as well but haven't found a vendor juice I go back to Everytime.

My weapons of choice are Mech Squonks Runt and Frankenskull. I have a Smok Alien for conventional vaping. I top my batteries off with airy Rdas. Current rotation is Petri V2, Kryten, GOON, Tsunami and Skill RDA.

I'm on the waiting list for a Hellfire shadow eta 12 weeks and a Hellfire Viper-X (eta 4 weeks)

The wish list includes the following
Molly by L'atelier
Big Apple Mods V3

Oh and I keep a Vaporesso target mini for nights out where something pocket friendly is required.

VAPING IS AWESOME!

Jay Hannen

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I'm kinda new to this posting thing too. Years ago I belonged to a Dave Matthews forum. I met lots of cool people some I still talk to and see to this day but it's literally been over a decade so I get excited and post a bunch sorry guys. I'll calm down soon :)
Pardon my ignorance, Who's Dave Matthews?

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
I really want to be bombarded. I am thrilled beyond words to be free from analogs (it seems nobody says the c word). I mean I can smell and taste better already and last night when I walked the mile it takes to get to the end of my driveway I wasn't even phased at all whereas before I would have been winded. I can't believe how many benefits I'm already noticing in just 2 weeks!!!!

And it's only bc of vaping so I want to learn everything I can. Bombard me please!
Glad to hear you already see the benefits in two weeks! This will give you the motivation to stick with vaping because it did for me, no more winded walrus or coughing up chunks and I never looked back from vaping.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm too worried about external batteries. For now at least I like having the internal battery that I don't have to fiddle with. I really like my little setup. I am totally wanting something with temp control although is it the same as vw? Bc that's what happens when I turn my wattage up it gets warmer. Kinda stupid questions I know.

It's really weird how there seems to truly be a familiar progression right? I mean as far as what a new vaper is comfortable with and then as they become not so new how their preferences and needs change. It seems like everyone starts out kinda at the same place and then progress kinda the same right?

Also I've noticed that strawberry milk flavor seems to be like for sure in every juice makers catalog. I wonder why that is. I mean I wonder who even knew strawberry milk would be popular and how is it possible that almost every vaper loves strawberry milk? Well I guess strawberry milk is delicious I mean there's not much to dislike about it haha.
How about this one?

itaste Kroma starter kit with the slipstream tank. Example can be found here

Innokin Kroma Slipstream Starter Kit

:)

Weareallnegan

Apr 13, 2017
So frustrated. I recently had a problem with my bank account well I didn't have a problem my account was compromised which has literally almost ruined my life (that's a bit dramatic but it feels that way for sure) & I don't have my bank card but I never thought it would be this difficult to get the coils I need. Apparently nobody stocks them hell every vape shop in my town literally says theyve never heard of them which is surprising since I thought the innokin t-18 & t-22 were fairly popular devices. I mean I'm new to vaping and I've heard of them!
I don't understand why people even write reviews of vape gear. If it's truly to help people quit smoking analog cigarettes why in the world wouldn't they include really important information in their review such as: "perhaps you should think twice about buying this device since nobody carries coils for this mod". Instead of how clicky your the buttons are there should be some type of heads up that this device I'm reviewing is kind of old so if you plan on buying it you are going to have a hard time finding any parts or accessories. Bc this isn't a problem specific to me. Now I know.
So yeah 5 vape shops in my town plus a bunch of smoke shops that carry vape gear & I can't find the endura t22 coil replacement atomizer head whatever it's called to save my life :(
My mods coil is supposed to fire at 1.5 ohms but it's reading 2.1 now bc I've had to use it when it seriously needs to be changed. I don't want to start smoking again but by the time I get my new bank card to order one (which I've only found 2 places that have then I'm stock) I'll probably have gone back to cigarettes and once I do I'm probably going to give up on vaping.I'm that frustrated. Here I thought I had done something so great I mean I quit a almost 30 yr habit & habent picked one up in a month & im going to have to go back to it bc big tobacco knows how to get their products out there & knows how to make their product accessible to its target audience.
It seems & im not trying to offend anyone but it truly seems like the vaping world doesn't care about people trying to quit smoking it cares about people going to tournaments to blow the biggest cloud (not that there's a thing wrong with that it's just the companies that put these products out need to understand their customer or care about them a little more bc there are also those of us just trying to give up analog cigarettes who need a good solid device that does what we need that we can get stuff for like a coil. I mean....other products don't shut out their customers if they have an older say vacuum. Hell I can still find parts AND A USER MANUAL for my sewing machine from the 50's!!! So it seems like only in the vaping world do the companies that produce mods turn their back on the customer if they aren't buying brand new expensive products that lets face it aren't even made for what I want to do with it (mtl vaping)
I really cannot recall anything I've ever done in life any hobby I've picked up or any topic I've been interested in learning being THIS difficult to obtain information about in a clear direct way.
Since I started my vaping journey I have had to do more research than I think I ever have had to do for something so simple before in my life. And it turns out even after all that research, and I did a LOT, I'm STILL SCREWED!! I still didn't research hard enough and read thousands of forums about coils to find that one post that said "when you buy a device that's not brand new to the public you will have a hard time finding accessories for it" that's what it's boiled down to and I'm kind of just annoyed.
Sorry for this huge rant but I'm really irritated. I never thought it would be so hard to find something that costs literally 2$ when I ordered my kit.
So to all the vape companies the ones who make great ejuice but ONLY carry it in highest vg bc those are the only customer that company cares about to all the companies who keep producing these terrifically powerful sub ohm mods bc those are the only customer it cares about. Good luck to you. I think you're making a grave mistake ignoring the customer who wants to quit smoking and is buying a less powerful mod that won't be able to handle that high vg juice. And the customer who wants to imitate the feel of a cigarette. You better hope the customers you care abouyt still care about you in a couple of years. It seems like common sense that the customer who is going to be around years down the line is the one trying to quit smoking. The other ones see this as a hobby and may or may not lose interest in your product. You are screwing your customers over & your companies will be affected by that just you wait and see. I cannot be the only one in the same situation who has grown frustrated.

Weareallnegan

Apr 13, 2017
How about this one?

itaste Kroma starter kit with the slipstream tank. Example can be found here

Innokin Kroma Slipstream Starter Kit

I really like this one. My entire view has changed about what mod to get now though. My friend got an ipv the other day with a nautilus aspire tank and I LOVE it!!! It has one external battery and it's been charged since he got it 3 days ago!!

He can adjust watts temp and airflow. But I don't think the tank came with the type of coils that you can use the temp setting. I've been messing with the watts though and it's so cool. I like the way the air kinda gets pushed into your mouth.

I got my new bank card so I ordered coils yesterday. I want a new mod though and I def def def want the nautilus tank. More than anything. It will be a while before I can get one so thank god I got coils yesterday.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi @Weareallnegan

Your comment is interesting "It seems & I'm not trying to offend anyone but it truly seems like the vaping world doesn't care about people trying to quit smoking"

You are also correct to an extent. Many vaping brands actually don't care about anything but the money; for them it is a straightforward business venture where you try to charge as much as you can. Once the brand M.O. is established, you then bribe people (with incentives) and pay entire websites devoted to sending people to only a very few brands.
It's a shameful industry at times, but these issues are emotive because most of us a 100% committed to people quitting smoking. Many shops and people involved in vaping are totally 'in it' for the quitting.
Those nasty brands of course couldn't care less - they just want to charge you $119 for a $29 e-cig.
..and what does the vaping community do about this? Not enough.
People who vape and take part in the community actually direct people to the review sites and fake reviewers who are just in it for money - because (presumably) these people don't want to get up in the morning and be decent human beings.
Thank goodness for forums.

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Yea you will find some vape shops like that only interested in clouds but there are some that don't. A few suggestions I have is to also look at some other forums in ecf good people the two that come to mind is the tootle puffers part three and for info on small mods itty bitty mods. A good place to find stuff is vapecrawler just type in what your looking for and will give you a list of places that have it. Just did a search and found 6 places for your coils.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So frustrated. I recently had a problem with my bank account well I didn't have a problem my account was compromised which has literally almost ruined my life (that's a bit dramatic but it feels that way for sure) & I don't have my bank card but I never thought it would be this difficult to get the coils I need. Apparently nobody stocks them hell every vape shop in my town literally says theyve never heard of them which is surprising since I thought the innokin t-18 & t-22 were fairly popular devices. I mean I'm new to vaping and I've heard of them!
I don't understand why people even write reviews of vape gear. If it's truly to help people quit smoking analog cigarettes why in the world wouldn't they include really important information in their review such as: "perhaps you should think twice about buying this device since nobody carries coils for this mod". Instead of how clicky your the buttons are there should be some type of heads up that this device I'm reviewing is kind of old so if you plan on buying it you are going to have a hard time finding any parts or accessories. Bc this isn't a problem specific to me. Now I know.
So yeah 5 vape shops in my town plus a bunch of smoke shops that carry vape gear & I can't find the endura t22 coil replacement atomizer head whatever it's called to save my life :(
My mods coil is supposed to fire at 1.5 ohms but it's reading 2.1 now bc I've had to use it when it seriously needs to be changed. I don't want to start smoking again but by the time I get my new bank card to order one (which I've only found 2 places that have then I'm stock) I'll probably have gone back to cigarettes and once I do I'm probably going to give up on vaping.I'm that frustrated. Here I thought I had done something so great I mean I quit a almost 30 yr habit & habent picked one up in a month & im going to have to go back to it bc big tobacco knows how to get their products out there & knows how to make their product accessible to its target audience.
It seems & im not trying to offend anyone but it truly seems like the vaping world doesn't care about people trying to quit smoking it cares about people going to tournaments to blow the biggest cloud (not that there's a thing wrong with that it's just the companies that put these products out need to understand their customer or care about them a little more bc there are also those of us just trying to give up analog cigarettes who need a good solid device that does what we need that we can get stuff for like a coil. I mean....other products don't shut out their customers if they have an older say vacuum. Hell I can still find parts AND A USER MANUAL for my sewing machine from the 50's!!! So it seems like only in the vaping world do the companies that produce mods turn their back on the customer if they aren't buying brand new expensive products that lets face it aren't even made for what I want to do with it (mtl vaping)
I really cannot recall anything I've ever done in life any hobby I've picked up or any topic I've been interested in learning being THIS difficult to obtain information about in a clear direct way.
Since I started my vaping journey I have had to do more research than I think I ever have had to do for something so simple before in my life. And it turns out even after all that research, and I did a LOT, I'm STILL SCREWED!! I still didn't research hard enough and read thousands of forums about coils to find that one post that said "when you buy a device that's not brand new to the public you will have a hard time finding accessories for it" that's what it's boiled down to and I'm kind of just annoyed.
Sorry for this huge rant but I'm really irritated. I never thought it would be so hard to find something that costs literally 2$ when I ordered my kit.
So to all the vape companies the ones who make great ejuice but ONLY carry it in highest vg bc those are the only customer that company cares about to all the companies who keep producing these terrifically powerful sub ohm mods bc those are the only customer it cares about. Good luck to you. I think you're making a grave mistake ignoring the customer who wants to quit smoking and is buying a less powerful mod that won't be able to handle that high vg juice. And the customer who wants to imitate the feel of a cigarette. You better hope the customers you care abouyt still care about you in a couple of years. It seems like common sense that the customer who is going to be around years down the line is the one trying to quit smoking. The other ones see this as a hobby and may or may not lose interest in your product. You are screwing your customers over & your companies will be affected by that just you wait and see. I cannot be the only one in the same situation who has grown frustrated.

Is this the set up you have? I found this easily by searching on google. You are in the US? Correct?

Innokin Endura T22 Starter Kit

Replacement Coil for Innokin Endura T18 - 1.5 ohm

Same coil for both the T18 and the T22

Tony80

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
I will do that now. The name is rather unappealing which brings me to another thing I've noticed...e-juices have some awfully unappealing names. Unicorn blood...mustard sauce..dirt...I do not think YUMMMM when I first see these babes but then I read the description and they sound really great haha such a strange world
Juice makers can be a bit twisted when naming products...read flavor descriptions, check out reviews, cuz names mean nothing. Alien Piss | Crystal Menth | Spew...If you run across any Root ejuice, toss up a sign against evil, and run.

I believe (overall) the community cares about getting people to quit smoking by vaping, but retailers...well, they need to make money.

Reviewers don't always know a lot about a product, it gets sent to them and they tell you what they think of it. That's the end. Some do research and compare to other equipment they have used, but not all, and they do have lives outside of reviewing products for us.

Check out Mtbakervapor, they have good juice, and most come in your choice of common pg/vg ratios:
  • MAX VG
  • 30PG/70VG
  • 50PG/50VG
  • 70PG/30VG
And nic range from 3 to 24mg. If you do order juice from them, get hawk sauce along with whatever else you pick-you won't be sorry.

They also carry the Endura coils.

Weareallnegan

Apr 13, 2017
Is this the set up you have? I found this easily by searching on google. You are in the US? Correct?

Thank you. I got the coils now. The problem was that I couldn't order online for a minute bc I had to order a new bank card and every single shop I called said basically "good luck finding those coils that setup is old whomever sold it to you did you a disservice" & I thought oh you're wrong the first time I heard it but after the 4th I was just ready to cry.
I can find the coils online but I mean should it really be that hard to find them in a store?
And I just honestly I thought well you know how many reviews there are about every device I thought why isn't anyone saying 'you might have a hard time finding those coils bc that device is super old or even a little bit old and shops don't carry stuff unless it's the newest most expensive thing right now' that should definitely be something in reviews. Accessibility to things you need to not have a glitch in your vaping and possibly go back to smoking should be addressed in vape device reviews.
But I've since gotten over it. I learned a big lesson and from now on I know how I will shop for my devices. I will call around and see if the shops near me carry it and the accessories for it before I purchase. Thank you for helping me find the coils thigh I appreciate it :)

Weareallnegan

Apr 13, 2017
Hi @Weareallnegan

Your comment is interesting "It seems & I'm not trying to offend anyone but it truly seems like the vaping world doesn't care about people trying to quit smoking"

You are also correct to an extent. Many vaping brands actually don't care about anything but the money; for them it is a straightforward business venture where you try to charge as much as you can. Once the brand M.O. is established, you then bribe people (with incentives) and pay entire websites devoted to sending people to only a very few brands.
It's a shameful industry at times, but these issues are emotive because most of us a 100% committed to people quitting smoking. Many shops and people involved in vaping are totally 'in it' for the quitting.
Those nasty brands of course couldn't care less - they just want to charge you $119 for a $29 e-cig.
..and what does the vaping community do about this? Not enough.
People who vape and take part in the community actually direct people to the review sites and fake reviewers who are just in it for money - because (presumably) these people don't want to get up in the morning and be decent human beings.
Thank goodness for forums.
I do appreciate your thoughtful reply. You are my hero. Seriously. Thank you for even taking the time to read my little rant. Much less respond so passionately. *bows to you*

Reactions: djsvapour

Weareallnegan

Apr 13, 2017

Why does not one vape store.....and I'm not talking about the little smoke shops that carry some vape gear I'm talking real vape stores.... carry these coils? Honestly they haven't even heard of the innokin sd20 which I understand it wasn't a very popular device but they haven't heard of the t-18 & t-22??? I mean???? Really? One hadn't heard of innokin and this is mr vapes!!!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Why does not one vape store.....and I'm not talking about the little smoke shops that carry some vape gear I'm talking real vape stores.... carry these coils? Honestly they haven't even heard of the innokin sd20 which I understand it wasn't a very popular device but they haven't heard of the t-18 & t-22??? I mean???? Really? One hadn't heard of innokin and this is mr vapes!!!

Not all shops (big, online stores) sell all brands.

The SD20 was a curious mod/kit that mostly came with a large version of the Endura/T22 tank.

Innokin are a big name, but I can quite believe some shops may have completely passed them by.
Interestingly, they must also have some unusual marketing things going on, as their products are rarely cloned and also rarely picked up by the rip-off brands who buy from Kanger and get the batteries and tanks re-named something else.
I pointed this out on a few occasions (it says "xyz vapor" but it's clearly Kanger) and folk got very twitchy saying Kanger don't actually make anything, it's just an assembly line. It doesn't really matter which exact factory in Shen Zhen... a greedy US brand is buying them for $7 and selling them for $59.99 when we are buying them from China for $14 or in our vape shops for $24.99

Somewhere along the line, Innokin missed some opportunities. Now, much of what they sell is relegated to auction sites and the "rainforest/river" mega-retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread