Hello new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmermaidgirl

Jul 15, 2017
Just started vaping and am using the aspire pockex, so far really enjoying it much more preferable to the tobacco I usually smoke. At the moment I wouldn't say I've completely stopped smoking tobacco as it's early days but I'm more worried about running out of e-juice! Anyway I want to learn as much as I can about vaping.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @greenmermaidgirl
The Pockex seems popular.
Cutting down on the smokes is different for everyone, take it easy - if you want to do it you will.
As for liquid; there's loads on offer. Just avoid the evil rip-off brands (either tobacco companies or vaping businessmen) who pretend what they sell is superior. The 'fake' top rated brands are often those which pay the most commission. These brands are often supported by equally fake review sites and vaping magazines who are also in it for the money. The only exception I make to this sweeping statement is Halo. They make good liquids, shame about the hardware, which is just rebranding for higher ticket price business.
The best thing is to ask, really.

Reactions: Eskie

greenmermaidgirl

Jul 15, 2017
Welcome @greenmermaidgirl
The Pockex seems popular.
Cutting down on the smokes is different for everyone, take it easy - if you want to do it you will.
As for liquid; there's loads on offer. Just avoid the evil rip-off brands (either tobacco companies or vaping businessmen) who pretend what they sell is superior. The 'fake' top rated brands are often those which pay the most commission. These brands are often supported by equally fake review sites and vaping magazines who are also in it for the money. The only exception I make to this sweeping statement is Halo. They make good liquids, shame about the hardware, which is just rebranding for higher ticket price business.
The best thing is to ask, really.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Funny you mentioned Halo as I was looking at their coffee cream liquid and wanted to give it a go at the moment 3 bottles for £10.

Halo does have some wonderful juices. Given your fear of running out, just always have an extra bottle stashed somewhere. In truth, the same for mods. You don't want to end up going back to smokes just because something untoward happens to your current only mod. We usually even say have backups for your backups.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Funny you mentioned Halo as I was looking at their coffee cream liquid and wanted to give it a go at the moment 3 bottles for £10.
Ooh, does that make you UK? 3 bottles for £10 of anything good quality is fair enough. Last time I bought Halo it was £8.49 for 15ml. I told them they couldn't expect my business or recommendation at Vapefest 2016 unless they jolly well lowered their prices. I doubt that deal will last. E-liquid goes from £1 to £6 for 10ml. £4.99 is bad enough (tobacco company 'down-the-drain' junk) and Totally Wicked managed to flog juice at £6.99 not so long ago.
Flavourart UK is under £4.00 for ready-made and that's always a good measure.
Mine costs 60p DIY. I spend £150-£200 instead of £1,500 a year. Most vapers just pay it.
The top brands are nearly all dreadful t.b.h. Supermarket stuff is the worst.

greenmermaidgirl

Jul 15, 2017
Ooh, does that make you UK? 3 bottles for £10 of anything good quality is fair enough. Last time I bought Halo it was £8.49 for 15ml. I told them they couldn't expect my business or recommendation at Vapefest 2016 unless they jolly well lowered their prices. I doubt that deal will last. E-liquid goes from £1 to £6 for 10ml. £4.99 is bad enough (tobacco company 'down-the-drain' junk) and Totally Wicked managed to flog juice at £6.99 not so long ago.
Flavourart UK is under £4.00 for ready-made and that's always a good measure.
Mine costs 60p DIY. I spend £150-£200 instead of £1,500 a year. Most vapers just pay it.
The top brands are nearly all dreadful t.b.h. Supermarket stuff is the worst.

greenmermaidgirl

Jul 15, 2017
Hold on a minute @greenmermaidgirl
The Halo liquid on some sites isn't the real Halo liquid. Something very dodgy is going on.
How do I tell if it's the real thing the company is Electric Tobanconist, do you know if they are legit or where the best place to buy is? Hope its okay to mention their name.

greenmermaidgirl

Jul 15, 2017
OK. The £10 for 3 isn't the Halo from America. It claims to be UK and for sure, no Halo talked about on here is made in the UK. If it is, it's not the same liquid.
I suspect there's unresolved name rights or it's totally different stuff.
Thankyou for letting me know I won't be ordering it.

Reactions: djsvapour

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Halo does have some wonderful juices. Given your fear of running out, just always have an extra bottle stashed somewhere. In truth, the same for mods. You don't want to end up going back to smokes just because something untoward happens to your current only mod. We usually even say have backups for your backups.
Amen to that! Have backups for the backups is my philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread