Hello/problem with blu e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Sweatshirt

Jun 5, 2013
USA
Hi everyone.
Okay so I joined this site to ask a question about a problem I'm having with my blu e cig but I have to post here 5 times before i can post in the blu section or anywhere else.
If you think you can help, I have the original blu e cig starter kit, the problem I'm having is that on one of my e cigs the blue light won't turn off. Normally it's only on when you're taking a drag or charging it, but it will not turn off or produce a vapor when a drag is attempted. I tried putting it in my USB charger to see if it'd help, it didn't, all that happened was the light remained on and the usb light turned blue which is indicative of the battery being fully charged. Then I tried putting it into the pack charger and the light remained on on the e cig as well as the pack, but if the light on the pack is on when the e cig is in that's indicative of it needing to be charged. So I really don't know what to do, my chargers are giving me mixed signals and nothing I do seems to turn the light off.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi everyone.
Okay so I joined this site to ask a question about a problem I'm having with my blu e cig but I have to post here 5 times before i can post in the blu section or anywhere else.
If you think you can help, I have the original blu e cig starter kit, the problem I'm having is that on one of my e cigs the blue light won't turn off. Normally it's only on when you're taking a drag or charging it, but it will not turn off or produce a vapor when a drag is attempted. I tried putting it in my USB charger to see if it'd help, it didn't, all that happened was the light remained on and the usb light turned blue which is indicative of the battery being fully charged. Then I tried putting it into the pack charger and the light remained on on the e cig as well as the pack, but if the light on the pack is on when the e cig is in that's indicative of it needing to be charged. So I really don't know what to do, my chargers are giving me mixed signals and nothing I do seems to turn the light off.

Hi David - firstly don't connect anything to it - if it is stuck turned on it could burn your attachment.
The pressure switch may be stuck - you can try tapping the threaded end of the battery (not the LED light end) a few times on a hard surface. If the LED light goes off you have unstuck the pressure switch, and can vape with it.

If that doesn't work - don't use it. Its no good. Either get a replacement or buy another ecig - I'd recommend Smokeless Image, or Bloog for cig size. Get two - you need a back up. If you are willing to go more cigar size - Vision Spinner or Ego twist.

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I think I remember seeing a youtube video that someone made of this same problem. Their Blu was laying on their desk still vaping away. If that's the case, I would think that could be a fire hazard. I know there are quite a few comments in other threads in here about the Blu. Most aren't real positive. Sorry. Also, two people I know that started with the Blu, went back to smoking. One finally got a better setup and quit smoking. The other one has never come back to vaping and thinks all Ecigs are like that. :( you should probably invest in an ego or spinner. If you just must have a cig sized Ecig, then I recommend the Volt.

David Sweatshirt

Jun 5, 2013
USA
Sounds like that battery may be hosed. Not sure how much charge is left, but maybe let it sit until it runs itself dead. Then try to charge it. But my guess is that the battery is bad.

How long have you had it? Maybe go to the Blu website and send them an email. They may send you a new battery.

I've had it for almost 4 months, I was thinking about just letting it run until it dies but it's been hours and the light is still on. I have another one I can use since the blu starter kit comes with 2 e cigs anyway but it's nice to use one while the other charges. I may just buy a new e cig of a different brand if this one is permanently broken. It seems like no one online recommends blu e cigs anyway, and there are plenty of others out there.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I've had it for almost 4 months, I was thinking about just letting it run until it dies but it's been hours and the light is still on. I have another one I can use since the blu starter kit comes with 2 e cigs anyway but it's nice to use one while the other charges. I may just buy a new e cig of a different brand if this one is permanently broken. It seems like no one online recommends blu e cigs anyway, and there are plenty of others out there.

If tapping as suggested doesn't fix it - put it in a pyrex dish or metal container and let it run down. Keep it away from anything flammable. I expect it will just run down until depleted, but best to be safe.

David Sweatshirt

Jun 5, 2013
USA
Well I went to the blu e cig site and they have a live chat stream, which set me up with a representative pretty quickly and they told me they'd replace it...if I printed out a form, filled it out, then sent it to them along with my proof of purchase. Too bad I don't know where the receipt is. This really sucks, and now I'm probably just going to switch to another brand of e cig anyway.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Well I went to the blu e cig site and they have a live chat stream, which set me up with a representative pretty quickly and they told me they'd replace it...if I printed out a form, filled it out, then sent it to them along with my proof of purchase. Too bad I don't know where the receipt is. This really sucks, and now I'm probably just going to switch to another brand of e cig anyway.

It sucks now, but later you might see the positive side if you switch from Blu. I recommend switching to something else - Smokeless Image volts or some Spinners or Ego twists. Blu have got a lot of people started - then they get something better.
And if you can't find the receipt - tell them you can send them the battery (if that's what you want to do of course).

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
It will take quite a while to drain the battery. The only load on it is a small LED which doesn't use much power. But if you are already resigned to buying a new ecig, I wouldn't bother waiting.

If you have a bunch of Blu cartridges left, just make sure you buy one with a 510 connection. I personally recommend only buying batteries with a 510 connection so you have future options. The Volt is nice, but it's not 510.

candik

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Central, New Jersey
Hi David, sorry you're having problems with your blu. You know, it doesn't matter which product you use if it's successful in getting you off cigarettes. There is no one size fits all in life and it's certainly no different in vaping.

If you're going to get another one, there are a few things to consider. The closer to a cigarette it looks, the less satisfactory it generally is. Usually they have smaller batteries so require more frequent charging and some of those "cig-a-lke" products require you to use their attachments only. Sometimes that ends up being more costly in the long run as you're kinda stuck with choices and paying their prices. Now, if you do have cartridges left from the blue you want to use, you don't have to have a 510 threaded battery, but you will need an adapter that can change what ever threading is on the battery to a 510. Adapters are great cause they give you more options, but products that have multiple threading on them are just as nice. Definitely decide how much you want to spend, what look or size do you want to stick with, how much vape time between charges do you need are important things to consider. Don't just go with what is popular if there is a doubt in your mind that it might not work. Who cares if it's a provari or vamo or ??? It just has to do the job.

If you do decide to get another product, if you don't mind waiting for shipping, there are some really great deals to be had overseas.

Good luck and again, sorry for our blu.

Last edited:
This has happened to me a couple of times with Blu batteries. I like Blu and their flavors so I still use them on the side and when just in the mood. Like someone else mentioned tap on the desk, and this has worked for me a couple of times, blow in to the battery with no cart attached. I'm going to add do this at your own risk as these batteries are dangerous, and not toys. HTH - Scott

David Sweatshirt

Jun 5, 2013
USA
This has happened to me a couple of times with Blu batteries. I like Blu and their flavors so I still use them on the side and when just in the mood. Like someone else mentioned tap on the desk, and this has worked for me a couple of times, blow in to the battery with no cart attached. I'm going to add do this at your own risk as these batteries are dangerous, and not toys. HTH - Scott

Tapping doesn't seem to do anything, no matter how hard or how many times I tap it. Blowing didn't work either :(
I let it charge til it turned off then charged it a little bit and took it out and the light still will not turn off. I guess it's permanently broken, I really have no idea what to do at this point, I still have one functioning e cig so I'm not like nicotine deprived or anything it was just nice to have 2. Are the only decent e cigs able to be purchased online? Because I'd like to be able to just walk over to a local Walgreen's and buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread