Hello there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samwise Gamgee

Oct 3, 2015
I have been vaping for six days now and prefer them to cigarettes. I'm hoping to find good information on ecigs, how to pick them, what I need to look for and so on.

My friend has a Curve 2 which is a lot better than the one I used which is just a basic battery sort of thing. Ideally I would like to buy something similar to the Curve 2 (delivers a lot of vapour, has a digital display) but having read the forum a little, it seems there might be better options out there priced more reasonably.

Thanks for reading.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
...but having read the forum a little, it seems there might be better options out there priced more reasonably.

Yes, there are. Not shopping with the high street leaders is a good starting place.
OK, so the hardware may have become cheaper (compared to online) over the last year, but the liquids and accessories are way too expensive.

Get an iStick 30w, or even an iStick 40w TC. The TC version offers some useful "upgrade" possibilities.

The last iStick I bought was £17. My friend payed £45 for the same model, same colour.

Samwise Gamgee

Oct 3, 2015
Thanks a lot everyone.

Is anyone familiar with the Innokin VTR? A friend has recommended this one.

1-131010101P6396.jpg

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thanks a lot everyone.

Is anyone familiar with the Innokin VTR? A friend has recommended this one.

1-131010101P6396.jpg

I had to google it. Old tech. Only goes to 16 watts power which greatly limits what you can use/grow into. You should get something with at least 30 watts.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I had to google it. Old tech. Only goes to 16 watts power which greatly limits what you can use/grow into. You should get something with at least 30 watts.

LOL. Man... you are FAST!

The min ohm is the real problem...
oh, and the atomizer cage...
and the weight...
and the threads....

It never did 16 watts either. :mad:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
@Samwise Gamgee

I'm going to admit to stepping off the hardware ladder. I have 3 x 30w box mods and a 75w Sigelei on the way from China. (There is such a story behind that... I actually went to find Sigelei IN China)

If I was buying today, the box mods that I'd look at are.

iStick 30w (regular) or 40w TC (temp control).
Anything by Innokin... coolfire 4, mvp 3 or Pro, disrupter.
Maybe one of the Cloupor minis (I have the 30w)
Definitely something from Sigelei.

The iSticks and Innokin have internal batteries. The others have removable/swappable/charge outside the mod.

Some people like Joyetech. I'd rather chew my arm off.
Some people like Smok. I like Smok, but reliability is debatable.

Samwise Gamgee

Oct 3, 2015

Can you recommend something in a similar price range that would fit that criteria?

No. Do not buy.

It's a museum piece, low on power, and won't run the latest tanks. Can't even give them away.

Thank you.

LOL. Man... you are FAST!

The min ohm is the real problem...
oh, and the atomizer cage...
and the weight...
and the threads....

It never did 16 watts either. :mad:

Thank you.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I found this link, I'm guessing any of the mods at 30 watts or over should be fine? Is there anything I need to know regarding batteries, any other stuff I need to buy? Assuming this isn't going to just work on it's own.

OK I can't post links but it's UK E Cig Store and the mod is Apire Pegasus 70w.
    Personally I think the Aspire Pegasus is not the best choice in that price range. The TC on it is not as good as some of the other mods. It does have features I like (I like the way it feels in my hands, and I like the wheel for instance), but I'd lean towards possibly the IPV D2 or the Siglei 75W if you are trying to stay in the same price range and are only looking at that site.
    I don't have any experience with either of my suggestions, but they seem to be well liked.
    Source - I own a Pegasus, and only use it as a backup. The mod I like is the Evic VTC mini, but I didn't see that one on UK Ecig Store.

Samwise Gamgee

Oct 3, 2015
    Personally I think the Aspire Pegasus is not the best choice in that price range. The TC on it is not as good as some of the other mods. It does have features I like (I like the way it feels in my hands, and I like the wheel for instance), but I'd lean towards possibly the IPV D2 or the Siglei 75W if you are trying to stay in the same price range and are only looking at that site.
    I don't have any experience with either of my suggestions, but they seem to be well liked.
    Source - I own a Pegasus, and only use it as a backup. The mod I like is the Evic VTC mini, but I didn't see that one on UK Ecig Store.

Thanks mate, if I got the Sigelei could you tell me what else I would need to buy along with the mod? The mod itself is 49.99 on there.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2015
    USA
    Thanks mate, if I got the Sigelei could you tell me what else I would need to buy along with the mod? The mod itself is 49.99 on there.
    Just batteries & a charger...Sony vtc4 or Samsung 25r would be the only batteries I'd recommend, for the charger look at efest Luc or Nitecore d2

Reactions: dcfluegel

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    I found this link, I'm guessing any of the mods at 30 watts or over should be fine? Is there anything I need to know regarding batteries, any other stuff I need to buy? Assuming this isn't going to just work on it's own.

OK I can't post links but it's UK E Cig Store
    and the mod is Aspire Pegasus 70w.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please. :cry:

Reactions: Chrissie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread