Hello world & Give me advice on new RTA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanna say hi, since i am new here, and i would like to make some vaping friends, as there is little to no community on Czech forums or most of the people there are "users", but not DIYers.
I´m talkative, hopefully skilled enthusiast who loves life and everything around

Question:
What is your recommended RDTA for RX2/3 with wide enough deck, big terminals for thick wires/complex builds and good bottom airflow?

Thanks for your time if you read it all, thanks for answers even if you didn´t ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fog n Vape

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I just wanna say hi, since i am new here, and i would like to make some vaping friends, as there is little to no community on Czech forums or most of the people there are "users", but not DIYers.
I´m talkative, hopefully skilled enthusiast who loves life and everything around
Question:
What is your recommended RDTA for RX2/3 with wide enough deck, big terminals for thick wires/complex builds and good bottom airflow?
Thanks for your time if you read it all, thanks for answers even if you didn´t ;)
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Hoosier's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Boletus's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
"Thanks for your time if you read it all, thanks for answers even if you didn´t"
Sorry, not into RDTA's only high ohm rda's and DIY flavor.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

Question:

Welcome @Dream-r!

I don't have the 2/3, but I do have the 200S, so same concept (for the most part.)

I picked up an iJoy Tornado a couple of months ago. It's easy to build - Velocity-style deck (which I really like) and a very healthy amount of airflow. iJoy Tornado RDTA

Not sure how easy it is for you to get things in Prague, so I linked directly to the iJoy site.

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hello @Dream-r , and welcome to the forum.

My favorite RDTA's are the Aromamizer Supreme and the two Augvape RDTA's, the Boreas (good dual coil, big air) and Merlin (Single coil, tighter more traditional airflow, but still bottom air.)

All 3 have great flavor, are easy to build on, and have some other super unique features. The Boreas has an automatic juice flow control feature, that sets according to how much air you select. That's pretty cool. :) The merlin probably does too, and the Aromamizer Supreme has a manual juice flow control ring. I leave it wide open, it has never flooded.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I'm with Luois on recommending the
Boreas - big tank feel, good clouds & taste
Aromamizer - another big tank feel, I think it performs a bit better than the Boreas
I don't know his Merlin but I'd also recommend the Billow (another big tank), Melo 3 (a very solid tank), Avocado 24 (very smooth), and the Theorem with the notched coil (small but great performance). However my most used tanks are my Crown1's with the RBA.

Cheallaigh: Thanks, hun <3 19 years later another legend was born :)
DingerCPA: Thanks for your personal expirience, i was looking at Tornado once i started to look around for replacement of the Avo 24 my friend got for me from China, as it is clone. RX2/3 is same as 200S, most of the time i keep the 3 batteries so it lasts thru the whole day at work, but took the RX2/3 so i have the option to take just 2 if i make some higher res coil and won´t need to fire it at 80-100W.
LouisLeBeau: Thanks for tips
Smoke_too_much: Thanks for confirmed tips, but as i love to do my own coils, i don´t care about Notch as i am sitting on tenths of kilos of different wires, but that´s just to the NC part :)

Aromatizer seems nice, but it´s HUUGE :D I think i don´t need such huge tank, i don´t mind often refills, if it isn´t as often as with RDAs. 3-5ml tank would be quite enough
Merlin isn´t for me, i like both sided posts like Avo 24 and most of others have(not sure if there is specific name for it) with dual air holes, where you can make coils with bigger ID and don´t have to worry about fitting them above each other
Boreas looks hot, but since it is side vented atty, it is very simillar to my Avocado 24 and that works well, so no need to get another one with similar properties.
Billow is nice, but refill system would bother me and i would have to carry tool to open it everytime, plus it is very tall, after expirience with Avo which is rather short in height
Theorem is one interesting design and approach, yet it seems quite unusable for everyday vaping at work where i cannot assure that the top won´t get stuck in my pocket and opened

So far my prefered ones of those you posted is Ijoy Tornado, thanks Cheallaigh :)
E: Aaaaand Lemo 3, thanks Smoke_too_much for correction, it looks also amazing :)

Yesterday i visited store in Prague where i asked for some advice on this topic and they recommended me the Ijoy Combo RDTA, but kept telling me that there aren´t any RDTAs with bottom airflow... Just trying to sell to newbie something i didn´t want...

So far, i think that ideal deck types for me would be
IMC-1
IMC-2
IMC-3 - which i have in my Avo 24
IMC-6
I am not sure, if those classifications are general for all manufacturers or just Ijoy, but those would suit my needs with thicker wires, which wouldn´t be problem to mount.

Sorry for wall of text, I hope I am not saying some nonsense, still quite new to these things.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
A lot of what was mentioned above are RTA, not RDTA. FYI you don't need a tool for the Billow v3 Plus. That and the Boreas are my 2 favorite RTA right now.

The only RDTA I have is the Limitless Combo and I like it well enough but surprisingly it doesn't give as much flavor as my Boreas or Billow v3+ (or Goon RDA clone) even if I use the 510 drip tip cap instead of the chuff cap.

Reactions: Eskie
Fozzy71: Thanks for clearing this out for me... as i said, i am still quite new to this terminology and many times the descriptions are very inconsistent. Just found this site, where it shall be explained, but i still don´t understand the difference between RBA & RTA, since both of the examples have decks where you can place own coils :/ Sorry for confusing you and wasting your precious time on uneducated newb

After you cleared this out for me, i need RTA, not big tank, up to 5ml is quite enough, just with option to put there my own coils, bottom airflow, no need for dripping option.

What is the different between RBA / RDA / RTA / RDTA ?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I have been vaping for a year and half but only got into the rebuildable tanks (and on the forums) last spring/summer so I am still a bit of a newb myself. The OBS Engine get's a lot of positive reviews in the dedicated thread for that tank but I have not tried it yet (planning to order a couple this spring). The Boreas is my favorite so far, so much so that I now have 1 in daily rotation and 5 spares.

I should delete this post, since i stated a lot of confusing stuff here (but hey, it´s newb section :D )...

After doing a little research when Fozzy71 noticed my mistake and told me, i realised that i don´t need the dripping option, so i am looking for RTAs, with bottom airflow... Sorry for wasting your time, i am still a bit confused about the terminology :)

Anyway, after googling for couple of hours, i have found 3 nice RTAs, which shall suit my needs.

Ijoy Tornado
Eleaf Lemo 3
Wotofo The Troll RTA

Now it´s getting hard, since i haven´t even seen them IRL... Any tips? Or other similar RTAs?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The Smok Skyhook rdta has side and bottom airflow. I don't have any personal experience though, and I'm not sure if it's even out yet. The fill port seems to be a bit ill conceived but otherwise it looks quite similar to the Ijoy limitless+, which is a great atty. The Aromamizer Supreme is available in both a 7 ml variant and a smaller 4 mk one.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dream-r
Thanks dobroeutro :) Just messing around with this baby i have found ...
0.20mm(32AWG) 304SS... micro micro coils :) both core and winding of clapton made of it, sick :D Just figuring out the config how to wind it into my Avo24 to get some subohm values... most likely octa coil :D

Attachments

• 2017-01-16 21.37.23.jpg
    2017-01-16 21.37.23.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread