Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajsin11950

Sep 17, 2016
Hey all. Lurked on the forums for a few weeks when I started mixing my own liquids. Thought it about time I sign in and get ball deep in the community aha.

No questions from me. Just a post to say hello

Speak to you all soon
Grant

Heya Kornish..

Let the deep balling begin! uh, does that work?

Anyway, you mentioned you had been mixing your own liquids for a few weeks? How is that working out for ya? I was thinking about trying, I really no nothing about anything there but it seems kinda cool and I may start reading some of the how-to stuff but I was curious since you just recently started, ya think it's worth it?

Thanks

Kornish10

Sep 25, 2016
Heya Kornish..

Anyway, you mentioned you had been mixing your own liquids for a few weeks? How is that working out for ya? I was thinking about trying, I really no nothing about anything there but it seems kinda cool and I may start reading some of the how-to stuff but I was curious since you just recently started, ya think it's worth it?

Thanks

Hey mate.

I enjoy it, I find it relaxing. I am in no position to tutor someone but you can make some good stuff with pretty much zero experience, I got into DIY as I was paying £100+ pounds on premium eliquids a month, Almost as much as I spent when I smoked (I smoked roll ups)

I still buy a premium bottle (Sticking to one a month) for the superior taste of them as a treat but my day to day stuff is now home brewed and i am chuffed with them. I am pretty sure though if I keep it up I will be able to make almost-premium level liquid

The tips I can offer are:
1- Dont waste your money with the Maker kits, Alot of it is unnecessary, Buy them seperately. Its more hassle but it is cheaper

2- Read up on it. Have recipes in mind when you buy your flavouring (Dont buy flavours and then think on what you can make with it)

3- Go in stages, Its alot to get right first time. I started with making 10 ml batches of Unflavoured/nic free juice to find my prefered PG/VG ratio (I did 75/25, 60/40, 50/50, 40/60, 25/75), Then experiemented with levels of flavouring over a few days and then added the nicotine.

4- Write everything down - I have a dedicated notepad where i right down my recipe, date of production and Initial and After steep taste, Take notes on whether it could use more/less vapour or a change in PG/VG ratios

5- Try every new flavour separately - Easier to findout what would mix with what if it wasnt all in a huge cluster .... to begin with :)

Try it! We can learn together haha

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Kornish10 Hello and welcome to the forums!!!! How long have you been vaping? I started out with only purchasing 2 -10 ml house brands and 2 -30 ml premium brands before I started to get into DIY. As premiums do have there good qualities, I still prefer my own to theirs as I can tweak it easier w/o having to change the ratio and mg for nicotine. I have not bought any premium since September 2014 since no one made unflavored. I now spend under $5 a month to vape and not going to trade that in. Good starting points on mixing though in your previous post. I would like to add to that list for you as to start out low % of flavoring and go up as it is ALWAYS easier to add flavor than it is to take out. ;) Happy vaping!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of DIY adventures as well!

Ajsin11950

Sep 17, 2016
Hey mate.

I enjoy it, I find it relaxing. I am in no position to tutor someone but you can make some good stuff with pretty much zero experience, I got into DIY as I was paying £100+ pounds on premium eliquids a month, Almost as much as I spent when I smoked (I smoked roll ups)

I still buy a premium bottle (Sticking to one a month) for the superior taste of them as a treat but my day to day stuff is now home brewed and i am chuffed with them. I am pretty sure though if I keep it up I will be able to make almost-premium level liquid

The tips I can offer are:
1- Dont waste your money with the Maker kits, Alot of it is unnecessary, Buy them seperately. Its more hassle but it is cheaper

2- Read up on it. Have recipes in mind when you buy your flavouring (Dont buy flavours and then think on what you can make with it)

3- Go in stages, Its alot to get right first time. I started with making 10 ml batches of Unflavoured/nic free juice to find my prefered PG/VG ratio (I did 75/25, 60/40, 50/50, 40/60, 25/75), Then experiemented with levels of flavouring over a few days and then added the nicotine.

4- Write everything down - I have a dedicated notepad where i right down my recipe, date of production and Initial and After steep taste, Take notes on whether it could use more/less vapour or a change in PG/VG ratios

5- Try every new flavour separately - Easier to findout what would mix with what if it wasnt all in a huge cluster .... to begin with :)

Try it! We can learn together haha

Awesome dude, thank you - a lot of good info there... I want a good blue raspberry flavor, lol.. but yeah I think I'll spend the week reading up some and put an order in Friday when I get paid.. Thanks again and I'll let ya know how things work out for me :thumbs:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Heya Kornish..

Thanks
"it's worth it?" It's akin to going to the chemist or doctor for a bottle of aspirin in cost.

Not gonna lie. Some of that is hindsight aha.
I was lucky in a sense that I decided 3 weeks before payday (monthly pay sucks Haha) that I was going to start mixing. So I spent alot of time researching before I got my first item through the door. Not sure if I would have did that if I only had a few days before starting aha

Great info - all good. Let me emphasize, buy only the flavors you need to make recipes you might like, after awhile you can get away with experimenting with any flavor that looks good.
For anyone;
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Hoosier's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
How hard is it to get in to DIY liqiud?
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum
Tips for Beginners – DIY OR DIE VAPING

Ajsin11950

Sep 17, 2016
Welcome and glad you joined.

"it's worth it?" It's akin to going to the chemist or doctor for a bottle of aspirin in cost.

Great info - all good. Let me emphasize, buy only the flavors you need to make recipes you might like, after awhile you can get away with experimenting with any flavor that looks good.
For anyone;
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Hoosier's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
How hard is it to get in to DIY liqiud?
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum
Tips for Beginners – DIY OR DIE VAPING

Awesome info, thank you!

Reactions: BrotherBob

Inly

Sep 26, 2016
UK
Hi there, welcome to the forums! I've been thinking about starting to mix my own stuff myself, so one novice to another I'd like to ask you some things if you don't mind, to get your anecdotal experience.
  • Did you find it expensive to get the initial batch of kit you needed?
  • I noticed you said you live in the UK: Do you have a preferred supplier for your stuff that doesn't charge an arm and a leg import fees?
  • Do you have a recipe you'd personally recommend to a beginner mixer, flavour-wise?
I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of this community, rather than lurking. I went from lurker to member myself, yesterday, and I'm super glad I did. :D

Reactions: Kornish10

Kornish10

Sep 25, 2016
Hey mate

I think I was about 40 pound on start up, all you need is some vg/pg, some nice, a few flavours, at least 5 syringes (one for each thing, and some bottles. I bought 5 flavours so I bought 5 10ml bottles to try them independently, a few 30ml for when you are mixing

There is a list somewhere of flavours and ratings, I am a major fruit lover so mine was all fruity, cappela juicy peach was amazing as a standalone, watermelon is good as well. I am currently working on a watermelon chill type, using watermelon, lemon and a bit of menthol. Working on flavour percentages but ive kinda stalled recently since I have been floored by a throat infection.

On my phone the now mate, ill post site links when im on pc

Good luck

Reactions: Inly

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
  • Did you find it expensive to get the initial batch of kit you needed?
  • I noticed you said you live in the UK: Do you have a preferred supplier for your stuff that doesn't charge an arm and a leg import fees?
  • Do you have a recipe you'd personally recommend to a beginner mixer, flavour-wise?

Chef's flavours do many ranges of concentrates.
L&T (Larsen Tilbrook) do Inawera.
Darkstar do plenty of 30ml of FA, some qualify for a 35% discount too.
Flavourart is all over the shops, but jeez, it's pricey.
Capella can come from Alchemist Cupboard and also Vapable, but I'm not convinced by some re-bottling companies...
Everything liquid do 'mixmaster' one shots.

One shots can be as much as £7.50 for 30ml.
You can probably buy 90ml of separate flavours for that money.

The easiest recipes are single flavours, but most are dull or just boring/bad.

The easiest dual flavours are Tobacco + something (eg. caramel, chocolate, cream, coconut, honey) or Fruit + Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

Reactions: Inly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread