Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I can only speak from my own experience. I started vaping in order to cut down on smoking. I went to a local vape shop and talked to the sales clerk. He hooked me up with a small tank, pencil style battery, and a bottle of juice. I received no satisfaction at all and soon gave up on vaping. About a year later I went to the same shop and talked with a different clerk and explained what I wanted. He was very knowledgeable on the gear and juices. We spent at least 30 chatting and he pointed out numerous mods and tanks. He finally ask what I had used and made a couple great recommendations. After we picked out the gear we started on the ejuice. When I finally picked out the gear and juice he helped me put it all together and showed me how to use it. Due to the new regs the shops can no longer do a lot of this. Anyway, over a period of about a year and a half we became good friends. I digress, After vaping and smoking for about a month I set a date, my birthday, and on that date, I quit smoking. The good folks on this website have been a big help with just more than vaping.
I would recommend that you get your father to go with you to a local shop and pick up a starter set. and like mentioned above have him come to the forum and learn how to use the gear. Sorry I got so long-winded.
Jerry

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie in this forum. My father has been a smoker for almost 10 years. and recently his health has become worse than before. Can you give me some recommendation to quit smoking effectively? Because I'm really worried about his health.
Hi and welcome,
Does your father want to quit?
Before you buy anything, you will need "buy in" from him.

That said;
Take a peek at the penguin...

Cheers
I

Reactions: Shadav

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie in this forum. My father has been a smoker for almost 10 years. and recently his health has become worse than before. Can you give me some recommendation to quit smoking effectively? Because I'm really worried about his health.
Welcome and glad you joined. It's tough trying to guide the unwilling, I know.
In order to have someone else see the light, that person has to identify and accept the motivation(s) to quit. If that person does not see any gain, it's pretty much a lost cause.
Might have him read:
VapeWild Test Results
Guide For New Vapers | Spinfuel VAPE

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If your looking for specific recommendations, I suggest a Pico and a Joyetech eGo One Mega V2 tank and a pack of CLR coils. The CLR coils are much better than the coils that come with the tank. They're even rebuildable, in case you or he ever decide to rebuild. Plus, of course, batteries. I recommend Samsung INR18650-30Q batteries. Getting the right batteries is very important.

Reactions: Izan

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Hi and welcome,
Does your father want to quit?
Before you buy anything, you will need "buy in" from him.

the most important question....
if he is not willing to quit or give vaping a try then it is a lost cause....
and again you would need his input on what he would be comfortable with
a cig-a-like device, which is not very powerful and not customizable much in flavor, power, ect.... but is the first step for many as it's still similar enough to smoking to give them an idea if vaping might work for them.
now if we were talking about some that really wanted to get into vaping, i'd suggest a good mod and a good old fashioned protank to start out with. Something like an istick or mvp or the likes.
But vaping is all about what you are comfortable with and allowing you to fine tune your nicotine intake to meet your needs. As well as a better alternative to smoking with no second hand smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread