Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
your running 2 attys correct?? well that requires twice the power... sounds like you have some thick wire and dual coils in each atty... Im betting the atties are in parallel too thus creating an even lower ohms value than what you think it is...
for example. 2 atties, each at .3 ohms built and in paralell results in .15 total ohms and if you are running 26 or lower ga wire... thats alot of amp draw required...

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I made sure the batteries were upto spec. I went on a crusade if you will to find the correct batteries and I was assured that these did the job.

I'm going to remake the coils using a lower resistance and video the results. This way, we can be sure it's the mod and not the coils.
go the other direction.... 28 ga. and about 1.1 - .9 ohms per coil, total number of coils to use ... 4 ( 2 in each atty) try this and see how it works...

Reactions: Baditude

Danny_uk5

Aug 22, 2015
Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Firstly - the coils are prewrapped ones as I don't overly trust myself when I'm building my own. According to the website - the coils are 3.5 wraps but I debate as they don't look 3.5 wraps, 28awg.

The 0.5 are 24awg - might be the way to go.

Secondly - the batteries are either a set of Samsung 18650-25r which, when charging are rated at 4.7 volts or some LG 18650 3.7 volts but I've not seen them in my charger.

Thirdly - I'm just dual coiling them, so one on the front and one on the back. But I tested both builds on my sigelei and both fired perfectly.

Lastly - the mod can and has to take two batteries in order to fire the rda''s. They work independently of each other and so you can just use one rda as a result.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
It's a dual parallel mod with a single switch, so when you pull the trigger, you are pulling off both batteries at the same time, not independently. You are only gonna get about 85ish watts out of that mod at full charge. I would rip out the kanthal and rebuild it with Nichrome, but that's just me. I definitely wouldn't put bigger wire in it though. That's just gonna slow it sown even more.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
30G Kanthal? There are several different types of wire out there. And yep, the higher the number the smaller the wire.
With 30G Kanthal, I would aim for a 1 ohm coil. About 4 wraps at 2mm. Put 2 in each atty and your total resistance will be around .25 ohms. Don't go any lower than that on ANY build unless you are using a regulated device. It should heat up decently quick. It's not gonna be instant, but there shouldn't be much delay. I'm not the battery expert, but from what I know the 25R's should be good to fire it. I'm not familiar with the other batteries you have, but I'm sure Mooch's blogs have all the info on them. That build will just about max out the 25R's, though. I use Sony VTC4's myself. You have to charge them a lil more often, but they can fire lower resistances safely.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
If it was me which it is not lol-----I would make two coils from 28 guage wire and wrap about 5 or 6 turns.

this usuall gives me a .50 ohm total and do the same for the other dripper.......

Does your mod fire eack dripper seperatly---or do both batteries work together.

It would make a difference if they worked seperatly--your total ohms would be .50 for each dripper.

BUT if both batteries work together in parallel then the total ohms would be .25 ohms total for both drippers wired

together------------------------------whatever you do be CAREFUL ...

Danny_uk5

Aug 22, 2015
I seriously think the unit is defective.

It allows for dual and single battery use. But the batteries work independently from each other but are linked via the fire button. So, the batteries fire each rda on their own.

I'm gonna try your suggestion and then if no joy, it's going back. I will record my results so hang tight while I build another set of coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread