RDA Help, burnt/dry hits on rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearded_vaper

Apr 10, 2017
hey everyone , a friend gave me a rda today that he never got around to using, after many hours of tutorial watching i managed to build a quad coil on it but even tho i soak the cotton i cant get a nice first vape it always end ups burning my throat... Its a RJMod Cats clone
I had to end up drillung a bit bigger holes and using another drip tip because there was barely anny airflow , its a bit better but still getting that disguting hit to my throat after a few seconds... It read 0.20 or 0.19 ohms, tryed vaping it at 100w and 125w as all my other dual coil builds work fine at that. Please help me haha

Bearded_vaper

Apr 10, 2017
Too much wick and not enough liquid maybe?
I dont get it though, its literally soaked
And the cotton isnt stuffed. I dont know anything about quad coils but once i got it all wicked up and juiced, when i fire it i can see sone parts of the wire glow faster than anny other, and i think those are the points where i get my dry hits from, cotton hasnt been burned yet either :/

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
And the cotton isnt stuffed. I dont know anything about quad coils but once i got it all wicked up and juiced, when i fire it i can see sone parts of the wire glow faster than anny other, and i think those are the points where i get my dry hits from, cotton hasnt been burned yet either :/
It's very important that all the coils fire evenly from the center out. I have a goliath rda that I've put 8 coils in it took awhile to get all the coils equal. I had to fire and watch, adjust and tighten. Repeat.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA

There is your problem. When you hit the fire button and you see some coils glowing where the other coils aren't glowing that means that you don't have something right. It's very important to fire it before wicking to make sure you have all the hot spots worked out of your coils. I wouldn't suggest going straight into quad coils until you get dual coils down first. Pull your cotton, fire it and work out the hot spots then rewick. Hopefully that will help you get a decent vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearded_vaper

Apr 10, 2017
There is your problem. When you hit the fire button and you see some coils glowing where the other coils aren't glowing that means that you don't have something right. It's very important to fire it before wicking to make sure you have all the hot spots worked out of your coils. I wouldn't suggest going straight into quad coils until you get dual coils down first. Pull your cotton, fire it and work out the hot spots then rewick. Hopefully that will help you get a decent vape.

Ive been working on dual coils for a while and always had it fine at 0.15 ohms with twisted coils on my mutationxv4 and my tfv8 cloud beast rda. On my quad coil, before i wicked it, the coils were glowing almost in perfect sinc. But once its all wicked an juiced, i fire it and see on two of the coils, the wire coming from the center pole glows a bit too fast and all the rest works normal, maybe put more coton so that it covers even the wires that reach for the center post? , ive got a few pics of it but for some reason, it wont let me upload them, says that the file is too large :/

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Ive been working on dual coils for a while and always had it fine at 0.15 ohms with twisted coils on my mutationxv4 and my tfv8 cloud beast rda. On my quad coil, before i wicked it, the coils were glowing almost in perfect sinc. But once its all wicked an juiced, i fire it and see on two of the coils, the wire coming from the center pole glows a bit too fast and all the rest works normal, maybe put more coton so that it covers even the wires that reach for the center post? , ive got a few pics of it but for some reason, it wont let me upload them, says that the file is too large :/

Those are hot spots. Have you made sure your screws are tightened down good? That could have happened when pulling the cotton through if your cotton was tight. It could have moved the wire and made a hot spot.

Like Jace75 mentioned, try spaced coils. With spaced I like to wrap coil as normal then grab both sides of coil and pull apart then push back together. That will pull them apart and squeeze them back and they will be spaced just right. I would try that and see if it works out for you.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
What about this one then?
20170427_210332.jpg

Reactions: halbgott
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread