• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help fight cancer with F@H! join team ECF today!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
there are gpu and cpu versions still i think. many of the screen shots i see are the client version, it gives you more control but i run the simple .exe version.

but here for everyone interested:
FaHWiki
Folding Forum • Index page
Folding@home Science - YouTube

I wa sitting home and said ehh theres a lot of peeps on ECF maybe a couple would band with me so i decided to ask if it was cool to use the ECF name and OS said yea sure why not, and i went to work the next day thinking well thats cool maybe i can pick up 8-9 peeps. and then i logged in the next day and see the banner, and all the people jumping in and went "oh wow!" I never expected this, and it has absolutely blown me away.
thanks everyone for making my year!
Lets kick some .... and become one of the top teams in the world heh!

Swarley

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Nor Cal
Thanks to thrasher for bringing this to my attention. I am going to be telling everyone that I know to get F@H and help as well. I almost wanna make cards I can hand out to friends,family and strangers to spread the word about this awesome chance to help a great cause. I hadn't ever heard of it before, I asked my roommates if they had known or heard anything and they didn't know either. I really wanna spread the word:D:vapor:

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Agreed, it has been so long since i have folded. I was on one of the over clocking forums when I was doing it. I have a couple servers down stairs that I might fire up and get folding!

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Agreed, it has been so long since i have folded. I was on one of the over clocking forums when I was doing it. I have a couple servers down stairs that I might fire up and get folding!

if you are running Debian you'll find that you'll want to run wheezy(7.0 - Debian testing) rather than Sarge (stable) because the v7 folding client won't work well on Sarge and the v6 client though stable is pretty low return per core. the work units i'm getting off V6 on a srge server are pretty low in point value but the big picture is they are completed work units. Points are a vanity thing, getting work units done for the projects is the real reward.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Ok finally got the time to find out how to change the CPU settings. I tried it on my laptop at home, and it pegged out the processors for the dual core. I'll try tonight and get another machine up and running for additional help with this project. Thanks to all those before, who have already asked and answered the questions for me. I spoke with one of the Bio Professors yesterday and he said that this is a great breakthrough for science. Tip of the hat to all those involved.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Cool! I'm all in.

Quick question. When I finish one computation, does it automatically start a new one?

Yes it does! Mine runs 2 at a time and right before 1 finishes - the next one is added as "ready"...once complete it sends it off and the "ready" becomes "running"

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread