ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I am looking for a stainless steel drip tip with the following dimensions:
11mm-15mm tall
5.5mm ID (straight through)
8.5-9.5mm OD
I would prefer a straight smooth outer wall, but I can be flexible here.

Unfortunately ZERO of the drip tip sales sites I can find list any of the dimensions. They just show pictures and price, but I care less about the looks and more about the size. So if anyone knows of a specific tip that fits this description (and where to get it), OR knows of a site that actually lists dimensions, please let me know.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It would be a standard 510 drip tip.

I did some more looking around and I found a replacement DT for a kayfun Mini v3 that LOOKS like it might fit the bill. Does anyone have a kayfun mini V3 that can take measurements and post them here? I'll check at FT in the meantime.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
FT has pages of them. All with measurements. I was looking last night.

FT only lists outside diameter (although for some reason they list this twice as width and depth) and total height including the part that goes into the tank. They don't include inside diameter. Which is arguably the most important measurement.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah some of those pretty drip tips look mighty fine but you have no idea how they'll actually vape. My preferred drip tip is the N2, I should probably go to Aspire's website and just order the drip tips or at least look on FT for authentics. IDK what it is about that drip tip, but I love it. Oddly on my RTAs I have a lot of SS driptips and I usually hate them, but not so much on RTAs, I actually find them usable, for the most part and I'm not quite sure what the difference is, maybe it's the quality of the vape.

IDK even, where I might shop for drip tips in person. Probably a laundromat, they probably get all creative with them....

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I remove the tip to drip, it's just part of the ritual. So ID, while important, is way down the list.
    Important to me is how it feels on the lip. How well it insulates. I dislike metal tips, and would much rather have delryn or plastic.
    (got a leather covered one that gets all soggy & feels like a well chewed cigar ....) :lol:

So sorry, cant help much with finding the tip you're looking for.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I'm not quite sure what the difference is, maybe it's the quality of the vape.

I can tell you what the difference is. The DT is the last spot that controls air flow. If the bore is too wide for how you like to set the lower airflow then flavors will be muted, if they are too narrow you will get lots of condensation build up in it and eventually get juice in your mouth. For how I like to vape and how I like to set airflow I find somewhere around 5.5mm to be perfect. Beyond that, if the outside diameter is too big it is just uncomfortable, and too long just adds height for no reason. The height probably isn't a big deal if you carry your mod in a purse, but can be quite annoying in a pocket.

doghair

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2014
    Phoenix
    I can tell you what the difference is. The DT is the last spot that controls air flow. If the bore is too wide for how you like to set the lower airflow then flavors will be muted, if they are too narrow you will get lots of condensation build up in it and eventually get juice in your mouth. For how I like to vape and how I like to set airflow I find somewhere around 5.5mm to be perfect. Beyond that, if the outside diameter is too big it is just uncomfortable, and too long just adds height for no reason. The height probably isn't a big deal if you carry your mod in a purse, but can be quite annoying in a pocket.

I totally agree with this. The V3 tip seems to hit just the right balance. No mouth goob, good height for travel and a prefect MTL draw. I grabbed a handful of them after I used it. I want some of the black stainless ones off fasttech but they are never in stock. If you don't mind spending $6 ea for authentic you can get them at origin.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I am looking for a stainless steel drip tip with the following dimensions:
    11mm-15mm tall
    5.5mm ID (straight through)
    8.5-9.5mm OD
    I would prefer a straight smooth outer wall, but I can be flexible here.

Unfortunately ZERO of the drip tip sales sites I can find list any of the dimensions. They just show pictures and price, but I care less about the looks and more about the size. So if anyone knows of a specific tip that fits this description (and where to get it), OR knows of a site that actually lists dimensions, please let me know.

You just described the drip tip that came on the Mark bugs chalice V3 clone.
    I tossed the spring dropping clobber, but the tips are wonderful. (I prefer delrin/PTFE)
    I'm a bit far from Texas, but if you want one, it's yours.
    PM interest.

Cheers
    I

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You just described the drip tip that came on the Mark bugs chalice V3 clone.
    I tossed the spring dropping clobber, but the tips are wonderful. (I prefer delrin/PTFE)
    I'm a bit far from Texas, but if you want one, it's yours.
    PM interest.

Cheers
    I

That is totally awesome of you and I may take you up on it, but I will hold off for now. I just ordered some of the KF mini v3 clone tips from Fasttech. If those don't work out I will PM you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread