HELP!!! HOW DO i MAKE A 3 OHM COIL FOR A REBUILDABLE?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by ARMYVAPR, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ARMYVAPR

ARMYVAPR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi I want to make a 3 ohm coil for a rebuildable and I want to know what kind of coil I need and how many wraps in the wick? thanks in advance every one.

2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Short explanation. Measure out a distance on a piece of nichrome wire that reads 3 ohms, cut that length, then wind the coils around a rod to fit the atomizer, leaving enough to insert into the connections. Ease the rod out and insert.

This thread has pictures and discussion and might give you some insight. The resistance of the coil is dependent on the gauge and length of the wire used to make the coil, since nichrome wire is inherently resistive to current flow. The number of wraps only aids in fitting in into a small space. Wraps around the wick are key to juice atomization. The number of wraps depends on the atomizer and the gauge of the wire you using. Smaller gauge wire - fewer wraps, larger wire - more wraps due to lower resistance per inch. It all depends on the space you have to work with in the atty.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-easy-rebuildable-atomzier-4.html#post7030028

3. strprswpr

strprswpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use 36 Gauge Nichrome on 3mm wick....4 wraps usually gives me 3.1 ohms.

4. ARMYVAPR

ARMYVAPR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Tanks every one!!!!

5. BJ43

BJ43 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My rule of thumb:

On a 2mm dia wick each wrap is 3mm circumference, .12 inches. With 32g A1/1.1 ohm/in =.14 ohms per wrap.
    On a 2.5mm dia wick each wrap is 5mm circumference, .20 inches. With 32g A1/1.1 ohm/in =.22 ohms per wrap
    On a 3mm dia wick each wrap is 7mm circumference, .28 inches. With 32g A1/1.1 ohms/in =.30 ohms per wrap

Wraps have no significance unless you take in the diameter of the wick and the ohms per inch of the R wire.
    My numbers above are rounded off but are close enough if you are not using a meter and actually measuring you wire.

6. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Rebuildable Atomizer Systems from The Modding Forum - Atomizer Mods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.